Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

JattiTude

Goldie

JattiTude

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
The way they are showing how an employer is treating an employee...in the US is so unreal. No one here in the US insults an employee in front of other employees as this show is portraying... no matter even if you have committed a sin here in your office... they will politely call you to HR office or your supervisor's office, they will tell you what you have done... there could be a verbal or written warning (behind closed doors) and then if your behavior continues, you will be shown the door very respectfully...from respectfully I mean, either the office security will politely take you out of the building, or you would be called at your phone number after work hours to let you know that you dont have to come back to the office next day.
The way this woman is shouting and all... na I dont buy it...

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

jignasha_1778venimaniRash.kapToshibestsvpgk.krithikaktymNirjhor105Samilicious..jaisyjazzpoo_j-Ray-DiehardYMfanleavesandwavespesi11simikrPoseidonLadyMcbethkoolsadhu1000P_ShalSuchi-KhatamKahaniBHAVII.SalmanDeewani.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So Unreal" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shruti999

shruti999

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:32am | IP Logged
i agree but i think we should take it as a show and ignore. i see in madhubala a superstar is marrying a girl from chawl and after months dumps her back to chawl.. ironically there is no media following the star.. mother is killing her husband and case is over n out in one trial.. but it feels good to see the drama so its ok for me here too Embarrassed

Edited by shruti999 - 11 February 2013 at 11:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

max_joshjshree_ramSamilicious..

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
i absolutely agree

it is shameful how America is being shown as a heartless country without ethics in this serial and only sanskaars in India...that heroine's granny kept the idol of Lord Krishna in her closet and is blaming America for it ...she said that here in America there is space for everything but this ...what does America have to do with it ...its a personal decision , do they come to order u what to do in ur homes...if Nani is keeping idol in closet in such a big spacios houe its her decision ...what America has to do with it

And the way the boss is shouting in front of employees ...in the US she will be sued  ...even scoldings and reprimands r given politely in the US ...

A  strong anti NRI  sentiment is portrayed here ...there is no need to glorify one country by putting other country down ...no problem in praising India but do it without putting US  down .

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

venimaniToshibestNirjhor105jaisyjazzSamilicious..poo_jPoseidonleavesandwavesSuchi-KhatamKahaniSunna_DeewaniBHAVII

BHAVII

IF-Stunnerz

BHAVII

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Not only that no cop will touch you the way they have shown. They are trying to show the worst of North America the way its discussed in India - far away from reality.

Jay Soni's interview say that people forget their values after coming here. No that is the last thing that happens. People treasure their values more after immigrating to North America. 

And the employerShocked Shocked Shocked I am happy she is not mine else would have sued her big time for treating me like she is treating others. There are things which we have to give due credit to this country. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

svpgNirjhor105-Ray-PoseidonleavesandwavesKhatamKahanikoolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
I am quite sure none of the CVs writing about America have ever lived here

They r just pandering to the ego of viewers watching this serial who have never been out of India , will perhaps never be out of India and like to sit and see their country glorified thus .

Americans r good , peace loving people . The way they r shown is apalling . Social evils exist in both societies . Suggesting that all of them exist only in America and it is a cultureless society and that they should learn values and love only from the Indians is pretty arrogant .

I have not read the interview . But all i know is that when i was in India i took culture pretty much for granted and am serious about it ever since i settled here . Indians come together and celebrate every festival and cultural tradition and Americans who participate appreciate it and respect it ...their tolerance for other cultures is commendable and we could learn something from them as there r so many communal fights in our own country . 

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 11 February 2013 at 3:34pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

svpg-Ray-poo_jPoseidonleavesandwavesSuchi-KhatamKahaniBHAVII.FearlessSoul.

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Yes it's unreal and we have to switch off our brains, when watching serialsLOL...

But on a serious note, it's a shame people think NRIs forget their culture and that all their children know is the western way of live...There is a balance of both worlds in reality, it's not simply east vs west Embarrassed Smile...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

svpgk.krithikajaisyjazzpoo_jPoseidonleavesandwaveskoolsadhu1000Suchi-

simikr

IF-Rockerz

simikr

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
It is nice to see so many people coming up and stating the truth regarding what really happens in the United States and it is absolutely not what is being shown in the show. I don't really care if some defend it as "anything goes because it is fiction and entertainment." Even if it is fiction, it should be based on facts.

This is a very wrong way to look at it especially at a time when every country has trade relations with the other and we are not living in our own little cubbyholes in one corner of the globe with the presumption that our activities are invisible to the rest of the world.

Just check out the reviews on Amazon on Chetan Bhagat's book 'One night at the call center' and you will know. (calling the CVs and producers.) I was personally ashamed and embarrased to read some of them.

Labor laws are strictly followed in this country and I completely agree with what the topic starter has said. From my own personal experience, when we have a complaint against a colleague or an employee we are encouraged to discuss it offline (in private) in order to give that person benefit of the doubt.

Even in schools, unlike in India, kids grades and mark sheets are not available for open comparison because that may have a traumatizing effect on their psyche particularly if their performance has not been up to the mark. 

All I can say is that Indians living here and other countries follow our culture and traditions much more faithfully than people back home. Just watch Starlite and you will know. (Calling CVs again!)

Also people here are more than accepting of other cultures, in fact I have had conversations with many who are curious about our traditions, respect the differences and want to know more.Big smile

Perhaps the CVs can refer to my blog where I have tried to bring India closer to Americans by explaining a few things about our culture such as arranged marriages, language, art, food and so on. Smile

I am sharing the link here. It will be nice if someone could forward it to the CVs and or the producers.

PS: I am in no way trying to promote anything. This is just an attempt to right a wrong.

Thanks!

Edited by simiv - 11 February 2013 at 7:17pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

venimanik.krithikajaisyjazzpoo_j-Ray-DiehardYMfanleavesandwavesPoseidonkoolsadhu1000MohabbateinnThe_May_RoseBHAVII

Poseidon

IF-Rockerz

Poseidon

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:10am | IP Logged
I absolutely agree with you

Americans do not behave like this at all. The way they r portraying americans is just disgusting

First off americans also eat roti dal chaul and all of the other indian foods. WE DO HAVE INDIAN RESTAURANTS EVERYWHERE THAT SERVE INDIAN FOOD. SO BOTTOM LINE HE DOESN'T NEED TO EAT BREAD HE CAN GO TO A RESTAURANT AND BUY HIMSELF A GOOD INDIAN MEAL FOR LIKE 12 DOLLERS. And guess what at the same indian restaurant you will find white, brown, black and yellow people there cuz even they enjoy butter chicken, saag, dal, kebabs, palak paneer wid naan.Tongue

No one can treat a person like that in work and get away with it. Here we americans love to sueLOL and we would have sued that woman for destroying our self confidenceDancing and self esteemParty and her unprofessionalismApprove.

If the heroine's grandmother wants a statue of her god in her living room she can do so, there is nothing stopping her. Many of my hindu friends have a whole room in their house dedicated to the particular god they believe in and the Punjabi are the same why i have a prayer room upstairs in my chaise lounge with a huge portrait of the first guru and my sukhmani sahib paath in that room.  If the grandmother has her god in her room's closet its due to her choice not america. 

Not all american forget their heritage and values the MAJORITY of indians here are deeply religious and go to mandirs & gurdwaras regularly. AND celebrate all of the festivals 

Edited by shmurr - 12 February 2013 at 12:09am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

venimani-Ray-poo_jDiehardYMfanleavesandwaveskoolsadhu1000The_May_RoseMohabbateinnBHAVII

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.