Posted: 11 years ago
This is my first attempt at 2 part short story. Please read and let me know what you think-

REVENGE AND LOVE

I climbed stairs with weary steps...it had been 24 hours since the eventful night...24 hours since RK had unwed me...24 hours since he had made a mockery of my love ...24 hours since he humiliated me and my family.

I have been blessedly numb all this time unsure what to do ...how to react. My tears have dried and Maa has been trying desperately to force me into crying, railing ...trying coax out some reaction. How do I tell them I have been living that night again and again still trying to comprehend how it all happened, why it all happened.

How could I tell them how ruthlessly RK had stepped on my dreams...how cruelly he had smiled at  my numbness and asked me to weep, how he had looked at me with those dead eyes and told me his revenge was finally complete. He had then dragged me from that dreamy looking venue to chawl. I had sat numb on the floor while he mocked my love in front of all and sundry. Maa had seemed shocked at his words and tried to calm him down. But he had pushed her and laughed and then torn my mangalsutra from my neck. He had then mocked my mother "Saasumaa...Sorry  ...Padminiji...Rakhiye apni bewakoof beti ko apne pass.. Chali thi RK ka naseeb likne" smirked and walked out drunkenly. Everyone had looked at me with pity. My mom had supported me up the stairs still trying to make sense. She had then tried calling Mummyji but she was unavailable as she had gone to temple to pray for us. Maa had then called Bittuji who had told her that RK had gone to London for a vacation and had swiched his phone off. He had assumed that RK had whisked me on a surprise honeymoon trip and did not want to be disturbed. As Maa explained to him what had taken place earlier...I could hear the hysteria in his voice. Maa had then called up Malik who had rushed back immedietly from his shoot. Didu had railed and then told me that she had tried to show me that this was all RK's revenge plan. She knew how disgusting he was but no one had listened to her, everyone was blinded by his goody-two shoe act.

By morning the news was all over the place. Someone had made a video of  RK's performance in chawl on his phone and posted it in youtube. The media had gone wild. We were being hounded by women organization, media and reporters. Lawyer on the television were busy giving thier opinion on the validity of four pheras. Someone had managed to find the pandit from the night before and disclosed all the juicy details of my humiliation. I had been offered a book and even a movie. Everyone looked at me with pity and then wanted to know all the details. Mummyji had stood by me but I could see betrayal in her eyes, after all I had planned to take her son away from her...Everyone was busy trying to track RK and make some sense out of all this but he was missing from this four ring circus. Even Dips had come and looked at me with pity. She said she had tried to warn me that RK was unpredictable but I had not listened to her. She said she understood my plight...RK was like an addiction...once you tasted it you could not live without it and you could not live with it.

I was going through maelstorm of emotions. I could not breath...the pain was so acute that it felt as if someone was inflicting million of small cuts on my person and then putting salt on it. My self loathing was so deep that I wanted to die to painfully...how could have I loved such a jerk?, how could have I missed all the signs?, how could have I not seen the coldness in his eyes? I deserved to be flogged for my crime. I wanted to strangle him, I wanted his blood, I wanted revenge. But my heart ...it still yearned for him.. .it still trusted him ...it said that RK was true...his love was true. It worried if he was okay ... Was he forced to give me up? I wanted to see him just once. I wanted to just ask him once why he did this?  Could he not have slapped me 40 times as a revenge for those 4 slaps and let it go?

I heard a whisper..."Liars all of them! Even Bittuji is mixed up in all of this. RK has not gone to London. I think I just saw RK near Sitara studio. I am going to tell the newspaper first thing tomorrow. He should be punished for what he has done to our Madhu"

Edited by dramacrazy12 - 11 years ago
wow intersting..
do continue soon
Nicely written...👍🏼 Waiting for the next part..😊
Very nice. Pls update soon.Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
v well written amd heart wrenching update.plz pm me whenever u update.
nice.  you described Madhu's pain and confusion so well.  Pls PM me when you continue
Welcome to the fanfic writers club!😆
Well written!
NICLY WRITEN CONTINUE PLEASE.
Hope she gets her own revenge,...