Fan Fictions

Kalarikkal House [5]: new thread link posted p.152 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 155

CheshireBilli

IF-Dazzler

CheshireBilli

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
I'm one of those terrible silent readers, Devi. I've been reading KH for a few months now and have even recommended it to a bunch of people, but for certain obscure reasons, have never actually commented to tell YOU how much I love this story. When I'd started reading, I hadn't really anticipated liking this story as much as I do! Everything felt...alien... yet familiar at the same time. (I'd spent a couple of years in Kerala as an infant, although I'm not Malayali and have a very large number of Mallu friends, am very familiar with Malayali culture, and have been there on vacation later as well) 
This Arnav and Kashi are so different from the ones I know and love, but there is also a certain amount of resonance of spirit with the original characters. Arnav obviously, but even the firebrand Kashi.
There is something about KH that I can't quite put my finger on. I can't put it in any one genre really. It's this wonderful amalgamation of passion, thrill, mystery, magic, tradition and a whole bunch of similar words. Your language is so very evocative, despite the brevity and that makes every word so impactful. I often find myself reading and re-reading the dialogues, the descriptions so that I don't miss the slightest nuance or shift in play.
The characterization, as I said, is fantastic. Kashi has this raw, earthy appeal that makes her a truly worthy opponent as well as a woman who deserves to be won in every sense. Arnav exudes an aura of near invulnerability and sheer force that sets him up as an equal to Kashi-- one who will both fight and woo her equally. Pallavi is like the ocean on a still day. Deep, profound, untroubled, but containing a magnitude of sorrow that can only be dreamed of, capable of immense destruction as well, I have a feeling.
As far as plot is concerned, everything is so intricately woven together, with just a touch of magic-- so fleeting that you wonder like Arnav and Kashi, about what is real and what is an illusion. Almost Carrollian although not as whimsical of course.

So I just wanted to say, thank you. For writing such a memorable story and sharing it with us. I won't badger you for PM's since I stalk the threads enough. 
This is only to tell you that you're as awesome as your story.

Edited by Semanti - 10 February 2013 at 11:54pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Cest.la.viecrazymg.04-publicenemy-Onlookerpink.lotuslatekateSunigolpokobitaEnchantressswetha_chMentalExoticaserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kalarikkal House [5]: new thread link posted p.152 (Page 3)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kvarsha

IF-Rockerz

kvarsha

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 12:05am | IP Logged
wow such a good after long time bang with their romance Embarrassed
aww he asked her to marry her so nicee..
ohh i wish she saya yes to him..
update soon Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

Sujata77

Goldie

Sujata77

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 12:11am | IP Logged
awesome

-publicenemy-

arshiyakanishka

arshiyakanishka

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Expect the unexpected should be the tagline for this story.

They are fighting one moment...then making out passionately in the next...being emotional in the next one...then teasing each other and bam he asks her to marry him!

I am loving it and the unpredictable nature of the story keeps us on the edge of our seat.

-publicenemy-

StripePurple

StripePurple

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Firstly, congratulations for being spot-lighted. No writer here deserves it more. I hope your writing gets even bigger accolades and reaches many, many more people in the future, Devi.

I have been waiting a long-time for this "great melt", as you called it. For the dam to finally burst. Frankly I now feel afraid for Arnav. He has swung from being understanding and giving Kashi her space to locking her up in the house and provoking her terribly. Everything he had, he's given to her, and now I wonder how Kashi, the proverbial fish out of water, is going to respond to this man's love. Something tells me it's not going to be that simple.

Oh, and I miss your version of Paradise, and the quietude, the green, Nalan, the strains of  Pallavi's veena, all of it. I hope you will take Adam and Eve ( and us) back there again, together and whole.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-golpokobitalatekateOnlookerpink.lotusCheshireBilliKrishnaluv94

toblerone

toblerone

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged

did he really say that?! "Marry me."?!! Party

-publicenemy-

honeygrape

IF-Sizzlerz

honeygrape

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged
ohh wow !!! marry me...wonder what will her reply be...awesome part..thanku devi

-publicenemy-

vaish912

vaish912

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 1:33am | IP Logged
What a moment to stop there Devi ... Marry me ... N ...what next ... Want some more action here ... That was awesome update ...  

-publicenemy-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top