TV is getting more competitive: Manav Gohil

By Navya Malini, TNN | Feb 11, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
TV is getting more competitive: Manav Gohil
Manav Gohil
Actor Manav Gohil is happy to have discovered a space for himself in the showbiz. The actor is elated following his debut in a Gujarati movie titled Saptapadii.

Manav, who has many small screen outings to his credit seems to be enjoying multitasking as he juggles between fatherhood, his current TV show Buddy Project and experimenting with his entrepreneurial skills. "Whatever space I have created for myself, life's good in that space," says Manav who's happy to enjoy his role as a father. "I got to spend time with Zahra during my recent trip to Australia and I also offer to baby sit Zahra and ask Shweta (Kawatra) to go out and have fun," he says. 

A proud Gujarati, the actor feels, it's about time Gujarati cinema braces itself to make an impact on the viewers. The actor, who was seen playing the lead opposite Swaroop Sampat in his first Gujarati film, says, "Almost every regional cinema industry is flourishing in India. Sometimes, I ask, 'what's wrong with Gujarati film industry?' It has talented technicians, scriptwriters and best of the literature, yet Gujarati cinema is not flourishing. So when I got to do a Gujarati film, I said to myself, 'if I can be a part of this progressive movement, why shouldn't I grab the chance?' Gujaratis should be proud of watching a Gujarati movie in a theatre." In the same breath Manav adds, "I could never relate to the regressive rural cinema of Gollywood because I had the option of watching Bollywood films." 

Talking about his bonding with Swaroop, Manav says, "I was in awe of Swaroop initially. But she would make me feel really comfortable." 

Manav who's busy with his TV show Buddy Project says, "Doing a daily soap doesn't leave you with much time. Doing two shows at one time does not go well with me. I want to focus on one particular thing at a time." 

The one mantra that the actor is very particular about his life is to stay happy. "I believe in happiness for self and others. Every life has a mission and I want to remain in the purview of my mission," says the actor who feels, one needs to be focused in order to make a mark in TV today. 

"When the 'why' is clear, the 'how' will follow. You don't join TV to become famous, but to become an actor," says Manav. "TV is getting more competitive because of more new talent. And competition is just getting steeper each day." He signs off.

Edited by Armu4eva - 10 February 2013 at 11:50am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Mohit_monayaRadiance...WitchGrave..lostmymusic.BrashCandyNikki_Titli

..WitchGrave.. IF-Rockerz
..WitchGrave..
..WitchGrave..

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Tfs
-Swetha- Coolbie
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Lovely interview of Manav ! Embarrassed
Radiance. IF-Rockerz
Radiance.
Radiance.

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Wah wah! Debut in Gujarati movie? Will have to see it.
After all Gujarati ki shaan hai Wink
TFS!
Mohit_monaya IF-Rockerz
Mohit_monaya
Mohit_monaya

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:44am | IP Logged
TFS =]

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index