•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Jay Soni

Talented actor Jay Soni is satisfied with the progress of his recently launched show on Colors, Sanskaar ' Dharohar Apnon Ki.

Says the actor, "The concept is something fresh. Tell me, is there any show on television which is male-oriented. Sanskaar traces the journey of my character (Jaikishan) who despite going abroad does not lose his cultural moorings. We also depict the difficulties an immigrant has in a different socio-cultural setup."

Jay is not perturbed with the not-so-great opening ratings. "Most of the shows take time to pick up steam. And it is always better to start slowly rather than open with a bang and then taper down."

Jay Soni is also impressed by his co-star, Shamin Mannan, "What really works for her apart from good skills is the freshness. Although our proper romantic chemistry is yet to start, whatever little is being shown is liked by the audience."

Jay admits to the general belief that most youngsters who go abroad lose their way and says, "Yes, sadly this happens. But my character is someone who steadfastly sticks to his values. If I had gone abroad in real life, I would not have become like other westerners."

Ask him to compare his present character Jaikishan to Ishaan from his earlier super hit show Sasural Genda Phool and he states, "Both are sweet-boy next door characters. The big difference is that Jaikishan is quite clear about what he wants unlike Ishaan who was confused."

On the long wait that his fans have had to go through post the closure of his show Sasural Genda Phool, the actor avers, "To tell you the fact, I had signed for Sanskaar the next day after Sasural wrapped up. But it got delayed due to some reasons. All said and done I am happy with the break I got. It is good to take a sabbatical after one show ends. This way you create a demand for yourself in the minds of viewers. I got a number of other offers in the interim, but I stuck to Sanskaar because I really liked the concept."

In closing, Jay asserts, "I am very confident that even after the wedding of Jaikishan, Sanskaar will not become a normal saas-bahu saga as there are enough twists and turns to keep the plot interesting and unique."

Jay, we hope the show lives up to its expectations.

Source : Rival site

Edited by jsrkfan - 11 years ago
OMG such an awesome interview of jay early morning !! My day just can't get better !!
I so agree with whatever he said about opening trp's and shamin 😉
And omg he signed sanskaar the next day sgp ended WOW
Keep going jay.we love u so much ❤️
And thanks for sharing dear 😊
nice interview ...
waiting for the proper love track of Jay and Bhoomi ...
and he is talking abt marriage of jai kishan ...and twists ...hope the makers dont give us the shocking twists like the makers of show Madhubala...
Thanx 4 Sharin... :-)
I wanna say 2 Jay dat... I do bealive on him & on his hard work. :-)
No matter what othr people think but I wil always support him as he is givin us such thing wich is admirable in real sense 2. ;-)
tfs,
i agree with him, they havent showed any romance between jay and bhommi, but we all have began to like this couple, what will we do when we see the begin of their love story...😊