Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Kavita Kaushik quits FIR

Kavita Kaushik, who shot to fame with her show FIR, playing the role of Haryanvi cop Chandramukhi Chautala, has now quit the show. She recently signed on a new series Tota Weds Maina (TWM), which is a daily on the channel and says its becoming tough for her to manage the two simultaneously. Post
Kavita's departure from the show, FIR will take a leap and Chautala's daughter will be the lead now.

On being contacted, Kavita confirms the news saying, "Yes, I have quit. The decision was taken when I signed TWM because it was a big commitment doing two lead roles at the same time. I was in talks with the channel and producers to do something about my character Chautala and we came up with an amicable solution."

A source reveals, "Last year Kavita wanted to leave the show as she wanted to do something else, but the makers almost doubled her pay and so she stayed on. The channel knew about her desire to try a new show and they offered her TWM. Kavita loved the idea but she told them that she won't be able to do two dailies at the same time. That's how FIR was made into a weekend show and TWM a daily but it was getting tough for her to shoot both, so Kavita told them that she can only do one and opted for TWM."

The producers have already cast the new lead. "Chitrashi Rawat, of Chak De! India (2007) fame, is being considered for it. Kavita has already shot the leap scene. Aamir Ali and two others surely won't be in the leap but Gopi (Gopi Bhalla) might be retained."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

metallicaz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HT: Kavita Kaushik quits FIR" in F.I.R forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Thanks for posting this!

Two others - that means Kiku (mentioned in the TOI article) and possibly Sandeep Anand (who plays Billu).

Oh man!!

I don't have words...

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:33am | IP Logged
OMG I didn't even notice that line! 2 people!!! Oh no...we're going to lose bhulakar Billu!!! Cry

That's it! I quit! Without the FIR team, why stick to FIR? Ouch

Aarti_16

IF-Dazzler

Aarti_16

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:28am | IP Logged
So sad !Ouch

Lately FIR wasn't the same with actors like Kavita and Amir Ali looking disinterested and it was obvious that their together scenes being shot solo many a times. I suspected that the show will close down. But the leap was unexpected. I don't know how to take this news. But I am willing to give it a try. 

For me, FIR will always remain special with CC, BP, Gopi, Gulgule and Billu.

sweetz1204

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Actually, I disagree that FIR had become less interesting.

Yes, it's true that it's become more noticeable lately that Kavita or Aamir are doing their shots solo separate from the group. But sometime around late September October, the scripts and the gags again picked up (for me at least). And I've been thoroughly enjoying almost every episode with several laugh out loud moments.

They did go thru a slump in early to mid 2012 tho'. It's when Billu had just come on. And GG was temporarily gone and the chowki shifted and stuff. And somewhere during that time, they seemed to become less interesting. 

I remember I think the episode where Naveen Bawa played the pirate Jack Sparrow take-off character as being a major turning point for me. Tho' some of the earlier episodes were probably also good, but it was during those eps that I realized that FIR is back at close to it's best levels. 

Too bad, it's not going to last with everybody going to leave.

I just hope the FIR group give it a really rousing farewell. Top-notch writing, plot, and every actor just delivering top quality stuff.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Well said Dinesh ji. Well said. Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dhinga1

Shehreen_27

IF-Dazzler

Shehreen_27

Posted: 17 February 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Billu!! I don't wAnt him to gooo!!!!! Kavita don't go dammit! This show is nothing without her!! Kiku also ...?? Wth :((

Post Reply New Post

Go to top