F.I.R

TOI: Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:32am | IP Logged
I was surprised by that announcement. 

Tho' I had a feeling that Kavita will also step away since she wants to a) do other roles after 7 years of FIR and b) has Tota Weds Maina. And when Aamir Ali left, it almost became a matter of time. Also, Kavita Kaushik on twitter now rarely mentions FIR.

Have they said anything about the remaining cast - will they continue? Kiku Sharda, Gopi Bhalla and Sandeep Anand? What about the other cast of characters?

This is going to take a lot of luck to work.

Since I knew it might be coming, I guess I'm not as shocked but very very sad. This could be the end of FIR. A serial that I've loved now for so long...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in (Page 2)" in F.I.R forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged
The Times of India article says that even Kiku Sharda is going to leave.

So that's 3 stars leaving at the same - Aamir, Kavita and Kiku. 

Ugh... This is going to be very very hard to recover from.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Yeah...can you imagine FIR without GG's shayari, rapte, food, and ideas?

karankittu

IF-Dazzler

karankittu

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
It's not good news at all, i won't be able to watch it no-more.

Although i understand Kavita and why she wanted to do other roles, it can be boring playing the same role.

7 years is a long long long timeee nearly a decade :/

I think she should have carried on with the once a week to keep it going.

will miss it so bad!

rbkasat

rbkasat

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
 Cry SAB tv  never gave damn about FIR fans. First they changed Hanuman Pandey,broke everyone's heart. Then schedule changes. And NOW THIS.  W*F. If they don't want to run a show or they don't have capability to run a show, they shouldn't even start such shows. This is my favpurite and just one show which I watch on TV. And if it goes though such drastic change, there is nothing to watch on tv. 

Still I am hopeful about new crew, i hope they perform such nicely that the old cast who left the show without bothering about our feeling will get the lesson.Dead

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Oh these changes will for sure end the show...people like us just won't be able to accept a new team. The idea of a new team is good, but the new team should have been introduced in a new show. FIR has become synonymous with Chandramukhi Chautala, Gopi, and Gulgule. Bajrang Pandey and Billu are also key characters...though maybe with their leaving FIR wouldn't be affected as much. But you take out one of the 3 main characters who have been there since the beginning and the show won't remain the same.

dhinga1

Goldie

dhinga1

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
^ Very very true.

The troika of Chandramukhi, Gopi and Gulgule form the heart of the show. Their interactions together holds the show together. I remember sometime last year when Kiku (who plays Gulgule) was away for a bit and they added a scene about him being suspended by CC to explain it away... During that time, I thought the show *suffered* just cos Gulgule was not there...

I guess they'll call it FIR - The Next Generation (kinda like Star Trek). But it'll be really hard for the incoming team following in the steps of Kavita, Gopi and Kiku (and of course Aamir and Sandeep Anand too). 

Truly sad about this...

I hope they do a really good send-off. 

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
See if they were to rename the show FIR - The Next Generation or do anything of that matter, it wouldn't really affect the overall idea any way. It'll still suffer because viewers have been seeing a certain FIR team for 7 years now.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top