TOI Article 9/02/13 : Karan Tacker

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-have-dated-all-my-female-co-stars-Karan-Tacker/articleshow/18401549.cms

I have dated all my female co-stars: Karan Tacker

By Shruti JambhekarTNN | Feb 9, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

I have dated all my female co-stars: Karan Tacker

Karan Tacker

Karan Tacker is quite an eye-candy on television thanks to his conventional goodlooks and dimpled smile. Of course the famous shower scenes (Rang Badalti Odhani and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai) and his romantic link-up with co-stars did their bit in ensuring that he enjoyed his share of limelight. Karan who's currently essaying the role of the male lead in 'Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai' clears the air about the status of his show (there have been speculations about it going off air), maintains a 'no comments' stance on his blow-hot blow cold rapport with Kushal Tandon and talks about his plan of action. Excerpts:

You are constantly being linked to your co-star Krystle D'souza.
I've dated all my heroines on the shows I've done, so I'm not surprised by this piece of news. I've been clarifying such rumours for a very long time. Well, I can't help the rumours. But in reality, I'm single, I'm not dating anyone.

Is it true that you've been offered an anchoring job for a new reality dance show?
I myself didn't know this until I read about it. We actors keep on getting offers for so many shows and auditions too. Until and unless anything is finalized, it is tough to talk about whether or not I am doing India's Dancing Superstars.

There are talks that Ek Hazaaron... is going off-air? Is it true?
That's not true at all. I've observed, whenever a show is on the verge of going off-air a lot of compromises are made in terms of shooting, artists, crew and overall production values. I don't see any such thing happening with my show. In fact, there are some interesting episodes lined up for the future.

Do you want to turn to production?
Yes. I come from a business family and I am a BBA. I am seriously thinking of setting up a production house with my father. I want to make a TV show which can be 'different' 'something people from metro cities can relate to. I want to break that barrier of those typical saas-bahu shows in the TV industry. I hope I can make a successful show like that.

What's on your wish list?
I would love to get into direction at some stage. My co-stars say that I have that sense of suggesting sequences to my director(s). I don't know if they are joking or serious. But I definitely want to try my hand at direction. I'm an actor, I totally love my job, so B-Town roles too are on my mind if I am offered. It is not that I consider TV a small medium, it is at par with films but, films are a bigger canvas and more glamorous.

How has the
journey on the small screen been like?
I was trying to be a model since we had a financial setback in the family business. I was visiting a retail
store one day and got randomly auditioned by a production house. But, I rejected a couple of shows that were offered as I wanted to do a show youngsters would connect with. That's when Love Ne Mila Di Jodi happened. Since then, there has been no looking back. I've slowly started to love acting.

You've never taken up a reality show so far.
I believe, if you join a reality show you've got to win it! And since I'm not fond of dancing, I can't see myself doing a dance reality show at any stage. Though, I'd love to anchor a reality show. It will be something where the audience will get to see the real Karan Tacker. In daily soaps, your true identity is lost.

What does
Karan Tacker do after work?
He stays honest and straightforward like his screen character and doesn't keep secrets from those he cares about. My family knows everything about me. After my shoot wraps up, I have a lot of family commitments. I help dad in his business. As a matter of fact, I never get any free time at all.
Edited by The_May_Rose - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Manita- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Read an intw of KT after a long long time...

lol @ the answer about his experience on how the PH behaves when a show is going off-air... πŸ˜†
lol...the poor guy has quite an experience there πŸ˜›

Wish you all the best KT...in all ur future endeavours !!
Edited by -Manita- - 11 years ago
-pranjal- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
WOw ...thanks a ton for sharing May πŸ˜Š
jaisyjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs may
ya thats true KT interview after a long time 
hahahahaa loved his answer about dating heroines 
he is a compulsive flirt toh woh kisi saath bhi dikhega toh sabko aisa hi lagega 
ooohhh he has very big future plans
best of luck KT for ur future plans 
kp_yasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
THANKS FOR SHARING DI 😊

Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
tfs may
read a very good interview of kt after a long time.
I m not his fan really but the straight forward views of his interview today impressed me which was serious and had material in them unlike the previous ones which only had a one-sided agenda which will be either his so-called hate relationship with Yashashri or his rapport with his costars.
aaj ka interview dekh ke thoda accha laga...
keep up the good work TOI...
and as for ehmmbh going off air if any show gets low trps everyone starts thinking it ll go off air
jaisyjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiehardYMfan

tfs may

read a very good interview of kt after a long time.
I m not his fan really but the straight forward views of his interview today impressed me which was serious and had material in them unlike the previous ones which only had a one-sided agenda which will be either his so-called hate relationship with Yashashri or his rapport with his costars.
aaj ka interview dekh ke thoda accha laga...
keep up the good work TOI...
and as for ehmmbh going off air if any show gets low trps everyone starts thinking it ll go off air

agree with u sourya
this is called as an interview
i think baki sab news channel including IF should get some pointers from TOI ke interview kaise karte hain geeeggegeegee
The_May_Rose thumbnail
This article was better than most, but TOI still asked Karan the 'link-up' question...It's no wonder he is gave such a sarcastic replyπŸ˜†...
I am interested to see what comes out of Karan's production plans...Best of luck to him😊...

It would be great to see something different and something which is not 'saas bahu'...Now where have I heard that before?πŸ˜•...Oh yes, we say that about RBO πŸ˜†...
Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

This article was better than most, but TOI still asked Karan the 'link-up' question...It's no wonder he is gave such a sarcastic replyπŸ˜†...
I am interested to see what comes out of Karan's production plans...Best of luck to him😊...

It would be great to see something different and something which is not 'saas bahu'...Now where have I heard that before?πŸ˜•...Oh yes, we say that about RBO πŸ˜†...

yup May I dont know what these reporters think.Do they think ki linkup gossips ke bina articlese nahi chalte...might be...I had worked in TC for sometime and bhagwan ka shukar hai they dint come up with such articles then...
and as per production,seems very exciting to me as for someone who has a clear mind like Karan...
The_May_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiehardYMfan

yup May I dont know what these reporters think.Do they think ki linkup gossips ke bina articlese nahi chalte...might be...I had worked in TC for sometime and bhagwan ka shukar hai they dint come up with such articles then...
and as per production,seems very exciting to me as for someone who has a clear mind like Karan...

I think TV news is filled with gossip or news of an actor's personal life, at the present time...Infact you would think people are more interested in off-screen news about the stars, judging by the aticles which are published...Perhaps the majority of people areπŸ˜•πŸ˜†...Publishers might argue there is a demand for it, but they themselves feed or tease the viewers and then make money out of it...

You could even argue that some reality shows, might have increased this trend...As we see a certain group of Real-ebraties (Reality TV regulars), who are always in the news...As a result focus has shifted from fiction shows...Resulting in more time and investment given to reality shows, rather than a developement in fiction...

I might be generalising...But I think fiction shows need a big boost of creativity, which is sadly lacking at the moment...TRP is also a big factor, as producers chase numbers and not good stories...If the media would focus on the content of shows, it might perhaps open up the debate for better content and more flexabilty in the industry...

Like Karan, I am sure many other actors want to do more than the typical 'saas bahu'...But for that to happen, channels and the media need to nurture change 😊...