Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Reliving Memories- as felt in EP 190 - Page 3

Ananya05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Beautiful write up Shri. ⭐️ 👏
Nothing I try to write here will do justice o whay you have penned down in your post. I will simply let all those poignant memories linger on and revel in them.
Thank you for this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sadumaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Lovely post dear i totally adore ur analysis its giving sense of calmness which is missing from past few days. How much i am scared abt todays epi though there is so much excitment in me it seems like my emotions only bedraying me and ended laughing at myself.

RK is one complex character with so many layers be it his witty dialogue or his horrible past one can't judge him he will always unsolved mystery but we still find ourself drawn out in his deep pool of emotions be it anger, love, hatread or pain.

How much twistead RK is that much simple yet strong is Madhu they both are poles apart thats why may be to be with each other one of them need to change drastically yet difference will always maintain.

At the end of the day we all don't know what is stored for us. But one thing is sure now onwards equations between Rishabala is going to drastically change be it positive or negative
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amazing as always  👏👏👏
The way you seem to go into the characters just wow.
Zorica_Bgd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shridevi,

Very impressive, must be admitted! 👏
sunrain20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A well explained post.👏
I deeply appreciate our customs and traditions related to marriage. What happens after is what no one can predict but when you undergo the actual marriage ceremony I am sure everyone will feel the uniqueness of the rituals.

Today's setting looked mesmerising...
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: 0-SD-0

Today's episode was all about remisinicing the past, when watching the actual and reliving all those memories.

Today we see everything that never happened before ...like when Radhaji asks Dips to take care of her marriage with her husband than snooping in on RK and Madhu and walking into their room when they are not there. I super loved the scene. It loosened me a lot. Gave me sense of poetic justice and then I was able to watch the rest of the episode in peace.

The Rishbala nostalgia was the best for me. It all showed me, how the circumstances under which they met was totally non-conducive for Rishbala and they had to go through a hate marriage. Given a choice, if RK had met Madhu as not Madhubala Malik who filed the case against him, but just as the beautiful girl who walked into his studio, mesmerized him and swept him off his feet, transporting him into his dreamy world, how would it have been? He intensely starts playing the piano song...and it is Madhu who pulls him back saying, come back to reality. If only there was no accident to deal with, no police case to deal with, no bad past...He could have dealt with Madhu differently...Who knows, where life would have taken them. Would they have been married?  or would they have been somewhere else, knowing each other as something else other than man and wife.

The Fanaa song explains that to us today. With poignance. Very dreamy and surrendering to love. That is what it is. Rishabh Kundra had felt all that when he saw Madhu for the first time on the bridge, but that emotion he felt for her could never be taken to any kind of culmination with beauty. Everything of what he must have felt then had to be stifled and buried, never to talk about. However today, that song is replayed, with lyrics. And I just wonder, what is the meaning to it.

Then there are various other events of their unusual marriage that we are inadvertantly reminded of, how it was before and how it is now. The contrast is sharp. Be it Madhu's free-will, Madhu's love, Madhu's Bidaayi or Madhu's marriage. This time around, everything is stressed on Madhu's free-will as against RK's doing it the first time around.

Previously RK helped Madhu getting married after she agreed to marry him, which looked forced with a listless Madhu and drunken RK. He even accomplishes the forced Bidaayi between Padmini and Madhu.

But this time, everything is done freely by Madhu, Padmini and this time, there is no drunken RK. We are shown a man who is sincerely praying to Gods while the ritualistic pooja is going on. 

I and some of my friends have enjoyed the episode very much, inspite of the ST Tweet and Colors deadly Promo created epidemic of Disbelief , Distrust, Disgust and Unhappiness, which has taken a toll on our weak nerves giving sleepless nights from last 4 days. I would like to share with you what memories today's episode has brought forward and how suddenly inspite of the apprehension of whether the rest of 3 pheras will happen or not, how I feel at peace today. 

Because today, for the first time, I see Rishbala as knowing each other, without Mukund Dikshit in background. Its neither his accident which is the cause for Madhu to confront RK and yet the Fanaa song to be played, but without lyrics, nor it was the marriage with him that RK broke for Madhu to free her,  to unshackle her through trickery. Today, I see Madhu as free-bird, free from all her worries, going to Rishabh Kundra, to whichever DREAMWORLD he will take her to. Previously she called it a NAKLI BANAOTI DUNIYA and she herself was scared to see herself dancing in his arms in her dream. Now she is not scared to see the real him. 

The big question still zooms if she will like his dreamworld, but we know she loves him too strongly to not believe that. 

I am bringing you all here a summary from the ED thread about the same. Here it is, from all of us there to the main forum. Hoping you will all enjoy. 

Fanaa Song - Lyrics and English translation by Soundarya

By Zoya_Naziya
The Fanaa song being played yet again sounded like a good sign only to me. It was played at the beginning of their story when they met for the first time and playing it today  when it is yet again a new beginning..

by 0-SD-0
The Song Selection from Fanaa
When RK and Madhu meet the first time @Natraj Studio. When Madhu walks over the Bridge, the music from Fanaa Song is played...never the lyrics. The bridge is exactly like from Fanaa song.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcIx6TX2xM[/YOUTUBE]

Today they played the song. So..."Is it the Climax ?"
Then:  She challenged him to come out of Nakli and Banawati Duniya. 
Now:  Is there any answer here ?

Pictorial Commentary by Zorica
MADHU's BIDAAYI - Beti Parayee Ho Gayee

SD : Madhu got a proper send-off from her mother through the Bidaayi ceremony. Padmini also gifts her piece of jewellery as "Stree Dhan" to Madhu. Very very endearing scene.
I liked the Bidaii scene very much.  Never on screen it looked so meaningful. As long as it happened, I felt warm and empowered and positive for Madhu. I felt, now nothing really bad will happen. because if loved one's blessings are with you, we are auto-protected. shielded and we will know how to bounce back. 
A Bidaaii in true sense prepares a girl a lot for her journey ahead...the crying looks OTT and sometimes we feel angry at the sense of seperation, the alienation (Parayapan) induced between the girl child and her Babul...but the natal cord between mother and the girl breaks second time and it hurts. Yet everything is so ritualistic and blessing through emotional crying; its mother's way of telling her now you are all alone, just take care my child, I have empowered you, taught you the best I can.

Ritzy09: Absolutely loved the bidaii scene'it was so natural. I know few people felt it was stretched but maybe because we are in hurry to know about the twist. But I felt it very emotional and apt. A parent especially a mother always thinks about their daughter bidaii'it is a very important ritual. And throwing rice till the front gate is the main rasam. Both Padmani and Madhu are excellent actors and it was beautifully done.

********************************************************************************************************

Madhu touching RK's feet

The Viewer Emotional Response summarised in Ananya's words.
Like in Northern part of India, we have 'Karvachauth' to fast and pray for your husband's well being and long life, in Marathi culture(and I beleive in Kannda and Gujrat as well.Not sure), we have 'Haritalika' and 'Vata pournima' where wives pray for husband's long life.
These are couple of occasions where I have seen my mother and aunts seeking blessings from their husband by touching their feet. I was very neutral then to this act. But as I grew up, somehow, I could not bring myself to admire this gesture. I could not support it.
But I don't know why, today, I was so overwhelmed by Madhu's act. I still can't understand why this happened to me. She is so selflessly submitting herself to him.  The way she said, 'Mere liye ye mazak nahi hai'. I got very emotional during that scene. 

By SD - drawing the parallels and analysing RK
I too was like why Madhu is touching his feet. Today I was asking her not to...but then I sighed. You know why ?! Because Madhu was backed up by her mother's thoughts about RK. She kind of put all that into Madhu...so Madhu is like if Maa believes him that much, whom I am not to believe.

Love is surrender. That's why women are able to do it.  I was educated by my (female) cousins that it all becomes easy in bending down and touching the husband's feet because, the man and woman share a relationship in bedroom where sometimes the man kisses the woman's feet and sometimes requests or pleads to her through touching her feet. Its their love all expressed in shringaara. And that's another reason why woman adorn their feet with anklets, alta etc so beautifully from ancient times. The feet are always adorned. I was also told, until a man shows himself ready to adore the woman in that manner of submitting himself to her, the woman is also not ready to surrender her body and mind. This I am telling of not city bred modern woman. This I am telling you of women of India in rural parts of India...where the way of life is not dictated by just orders and customs, but by also practicality. They have panchayats to resolve marriage dispute issues, so it becomes easy for them to deal in less talk but by yielding actions. Even the roots I come from, the elders say, first the woman has to be respected and loved by the man even behind closed doors and then it right for the man to demand respect in public. It might look very odd, but for a patriarchal society, these equations are quite natural and easy to follow. 

Coming to RK and Madhu - Comparisons between The Past and The Current at touching feet
    Previously at Karwachouth time RK did not allow Madhu to touch the feet. As his spot girl, he did not allow her to touch his feet for pedicure. Both the times Madhu's free will was not there. She was under obligation as a wife and a servant doing it for a ritual completion and task completion respectively.
  • Today when Madhu touches RK's feet, it was like Madhu was surrendering to the man forever by her choice and not as an obligation. Today also he asked her not to because he was just joking, and yet when Madhu did out of her choice, he accepted her surrender though overwhelmed he was. 
This I am 100% sure. I have always observed RK, how much he respects Madhu, inspite of being intimidating to her and trying to be the egoist man.

Touching one's feet. Just as much as one feels humbled to offer himself at other's feet, so is the pride and sense of responsibility heightened for the person who accepts the surrender in honesty under ideal conditions. I had problems in touching the feet of Gurujis, but once I started doing it, all my distrust went away and I felt more at ease and relaxed at the humbling.

********************************************************************************************************

Marriage Ceremony  - Differences between the Past and the Present

Past - Varmaala - NO, Gathjod- NO,  Madhu's free-will in marrying RK - NO. 
Madhu was listless and everything of the marriage, was accomplished by RK, like making her sit, making her give her hand, making her get-up for phera.
Present - Varmaala exchange - YES. Gathjod - YES, Madhu's free-will - YES
  • The Gathjod
Previously it was missing and RK keeps pulling her as she doesn't walk for the pheras, He had to pull her up for that..
Now the gath-jod is done there and the pooja is done seriously with folded hands and closed eyes. RK is shown praying more seriously than Madhu. She looks at him and sees him earnestly praying.
  • The kanyadaan part is twisted/left. This brings us to hand holding scene.
Previously he put his other hand over hand so that his hand looks upward...it looks to us his ego was not allowing it, but to discerning eyes, his act was not that bad...He had given left hand, whereas right hand should be given, he grabs Madhu's left hand as she is not giving it...which actually should have been the right hand...and Madhu's hand keeps slipping away...so he rightfully keeps his right hand below, then takes Madhu's easily available left hand and puts his left hand upon hers to prevent her hand from slipping.  It was just a matter of practicality, which kinda looking caging and ego to us...but it is not from a drunken state of mind, but a drunken body, not in control...he was just getting done with the act in the best possible manner.
Now it was smoothly doneMadhu was the one who readily advanced her hand, she was not coy and did not wait for RK to ask. RK then supported her with his right and Madhu gave her left hand (why not right, I did not understand that) and it was sincerely done.

• In MEIEJ, the writers never followed the order of the vows the way in texts the vows are taken.. For the story they have twisted it.  You can go online and you will find the discrepancy...considerably. 
Reminding everyone here ...what are those 4 real vows that the pandit asked him to take 1st time, which RK twisted 3 and cancelled 1...which Madhu later on January 17th gave better wording when they took second time at the same place in correct manner. This time she repeated the vows loudly that earlier she did not commit and RK each time agreed with her. Madhu took the pheras leading RK 3 times to commit to those vows and 1 phera with RK leading Madhu which he had cancelled previously.

That 4-Phera Marriage vows  (before January 17th in promise and as practiced to the contrary)
*****************************************************************************************************

First one ..the actual one Pandit tells him ...I will  forever support you. And RK twists it and says in his mind, I promise to isolate you from all the people who will be supporting you.

Second one ...The actual one being ...I will never break your trust. And he twists it and says in his mind, I assure you that I will make everyday of your life a hell.

Third one - actual being ...I promise to be with you in good and bad times. And he twists to mean, cannot know about good times, I promise to fill up your life with unhappiness.

Fourth one - actual being - I promise to treat your parents with respect like mine. And he looks at Bittuji and has the fourth phera cancelled (the actual reason being he doesn't respect his living parents or may be parents is a closed chapter for him).

So in reality, everyone including Madhu may have assumed he took the first three vows at real. Only him and audience know what he was promising in the first three.

Now at real , he has been following 7 vows.  the first 3 real ones and 3 twisted ones and the fourth one, since he cancelled it, he takes liberty to humiliate them albeit calls them Sasurji and Saasumaa, in much expressive manner than of addressing his living family.

Isn't this man really complex, interesting and entertaining. We can never know what he can do. But one thing is good about him. When he twists, he keeps loyal to only himself being supportive to her and to be trustworthy to her and not promising too many bad things to her in a curseful manner. He just vows that much which MB is capable of dealing with.

Must say interesting plot and character sketch there from the writers !!

******************************************************************************************************

The Varmaala Exchange - In Gandharva Vivaah style, this marriage is completed. No more phere needed. In India - to have the marriage/reception done in style, first varmaala is done as it is quick with no chance left for inauspicious events to happen. Later on the full rituals/customs/pooja is carried out.

Reliving Memories- as felt in EP 190
Episode #190 (8th Feb. 2013, Friday) was superb, but spoilt from perfection only by that ominous foreboding worry.
Your analysis here, on the other hand, *is* perfect.👏⭐️ Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to pen this, Shri.😊
Less than five days of this stress have been so memorable, that two more weeks of it...😡😭
Maria-capri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome beautifully written ⭐️ v nice post 😳