Balika Vadhu

What made the May-June episodes so special?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Siya_

IF-Dazzler

Siya_

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
I know I'm not the only one who thinks May-June was BV at it's most golden and AnShlicious. I disagree with some people that AnSh have lost their charm, I love them now just as much as I loved them back then, and they make me as giddy now as they did then. But I do think the May-June episodes themselves were just better, and I wanted to list what it was about them that was special, and from that conclude what the CV's need to change now. Contributions and ideas are most welcome, I will edit the list accordingly. Anandi/Shiv/AnSh bashers, haters, snarky-comment-passers, stay out.

1. Better Structured Storyline
There was a distinct pattern to the storyline until the birthday episode. First they met, then there were sparks and nok-jhok. The main structure was Shiv's assumptions falling away as he learned more about Anandi. 
First he found out that she was married and that her husband had left her, and then interactions changed. Then he found out that the Singhs are her in-laws, interactions changed. Then he found out she was a Balika Vadhu, and at that point he had basically fallen in love. Each episode advanced the structure.
Now, there are entire episodes where there is no structure, no advancement, just random moments, which are sweet, but they would be sweeter if they came in between key forward movement.
How they can better structure their storyline now:
There are so many points they could structure it around!
- We still don't know about Shiv's childhood, and why when he came there first, he said 'muskurahat ki bachat karni chahiye.' What his time in London was like, what his relationship with Meenu's husband was like, etc. 
Based on comments on this post: I'm not asking for flashbacks or more screen time than Anandi or Jagdish. I'm asking for reveals through conversation, especially with Anandi. Anandi knows a lot about Shiv and he knows even more about her, so it should be a little bit evened out with her knowing a bit more about him. That's all. One point of structure resolved, and they can move on to the next.
 - We really don't know all that much about the Shekhars past, or more details on their relationships with each other. We know that Alok and Sanchi aren't close, but that's about it. Everything else is generic. They can un-generify it and reveal and fill out their personalities.
- Anandi winning over Sanchi
- Shiv and Anandi working for the betterment of Jaitsar.
- There is a lot more romance they can write after the SR, SR is just the beginning. So much romance to be had around raising a kid, for example. Even without a kid, so many moments to be had - just look at the OS's!

2. Better format of episodes
- There was almost always 50-50 division between Anandi and Shiv, together or apart, on the one hand, and Jaggubhai and Gauri on the other.
- Whatever problem was raised was usually resolved by the end of the episode, or in two, max three episodes, and the precaps gave a taste of whatever issue would happen in the next one. (E.g. villagers protesting in precap, by end of episode, Anandi's dealt with them, Anandi heading to stop child marriage in precap, within 2-3 episodes, Shiv's dealt with it). Each issue brought AnSh closer.
How they can format the episodes better now:
- 50-50 division, for one thing! AnSh should get at least 50% of the episode always, together or as individuals.
- Don't. Drag. An. Issue. For. More. Than. 3. Episodes. 3 is a magic number, CV's should pay attention to it. 

3. Balance between AnSh and Anandi and Shiv as individuals.
The episodes were just as much about Anandi as Sarpanch and teacher and Shiv as collector. Even in real life, in relationships there needs to be a balance between personal flourishing and relationship growth.
How to balance:
Put at least some attention on their individual careers. Anandi got an award for her work, let's see more of her work. Shiv was AWESOME with Heth Singh. There is so much masala in bureaucratic politics, let us see some of that too. Ashi was part of his individual story, don't necessarily need to bring Ashi back, but more of his friends. It's impossible for a guy like Shiv not to have friends. His job as collector in helping Jaggubhai doesn't really count. Everything should also be realistic and well-researched.

That's all I have for now, but please do post if you think of more!

Above all, CV's should accept that at some point, the show will HAVE to end, so instead of dragging meaninglessly, they should work on making each episode fuller, more meaningful, with more story. That way it will be a better show, there will be more TRP's, and when everything that is to be told in the story is finished, they can end on a high note instead of disagracefully like KSBKBT. The amount of things they can show while still having more meaningful episodes is enormous - it will take at least 1.5 to 2 years to tell and conclude AnSh's and everyone else's full story.

Edited by Shivandi - 08 February 2013 at 11:49pm

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

sancheetaaddictvbonnie7anamika84ghoshmedhathe_Rijcaspor2001mmishra1Chit15ppp333pAL-pALMisseshardjhaumamloveanshVishakha_SakhiMalika--SudhaS--Servianablushingkhusi_*sladjana333

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What made the May-June episodes so special?" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pAL-pAL

IF-Dazzler

pAL-pAL

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
A very nice detailed post. Totally agreeing with you that May-June was a golden period in BV land. I for one lurved it till the pre-wedding part, barring Jaggu drama of course. But methinks that too was a necessity, to bring AnSh closer. As to Shiv and the Shekhar's history, I think we may not get much of that as the serial is BalikaVadhu.
Yes from now on we should get a healthy dose of the achievements of this Krishna-Arjun jodi. Their careers deserve screen space.

Definitely SR is just the beg. , and with AnSh being the jodi in question the screens are sure to sizzle big time... Embarrassed

Edited by pAL-pAL - 08 February 2013 at 3:28pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mmishra1Siya_loveanshVishakha_Sakhi

Partk

Partk

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Totally agree with you. We need progression in the story which is structured better. The show has been a long running one and have been successful for its tight storyline never mind the occasional distractions. But of late we see lots of loose ends which leave us dissatisfied most of the time. The CVs do need to do some serious introspection.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Siya_Vishakha_Sakhi

Siya_

IF-Dazzler

Siya_

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pAL-pAL

A very nice detailed post. Totally agreeing with you that May-June was a golden period in BV land. I for one lurved it till the pre-wedding part, barring Jaggu drama of course. But methinks that too was a necessity, to bring AnSh closer. As to Shiv and the Shekhar's history, I think we may not get much of that as the serial is BalikaVadhu.
Yes from now on we should get a healthy dose of the achievements of this Krishna-Arjun jodi. Their careers deserve screen space.

Definitely SR is just the beg. , and with AnSh being the jodi in question the screens are sure to sizzle big time... Embarrassed

I'm so glad you think so. Big smile
As for Shiv and the Shekhars, they are now the main Balika Vadhu's in-laws - I definitely think some time should be devoted to them, even if it's not as much as the Singhs. And they should be made realistic - they're generic to the point of boredom, and no family in real life is quite this generic. 

And I knoww!! Krishna-Arjun in the outer world, Shiv and Parvati in private. Embarrassed It's time they moved forward. I feel like Anandi isn't the one who's stuck, it's the CV's. Bring back our Anandi!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

umampAL-pALVishakha_Sakhi

Siya_

IF-Dazzler

Siya_

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Partk

Totally agree with you. We need progression in the story which is structured better. The show has been a long running one and have been successful for its tight storyline never mind the occasional distractions. But of late we see lots of loose ends which leave us dissatisfied most of the time. The CVs do need to do some serious introspection.

Exactly! It's almost like the CV's are in a holiday mood and don't want to work their brains too hard. Unhappy It's time they got a real storyline - this Ganga drama should be resolved in three episodes and then they should move on to the next thing - AnSh!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pAL-pALVishakha_Sakhi

LiliWorld

IF-Dazzler

LiliWorld

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Great comments.  The series has a potential to run for a long time if CV wants to give it justice. However, right now it buggs me that there's nothing on Shiv and his past to a point that I have decided to write something about it.  My God, we just saw the FB of Ganga's life in 2 episodes, but nothing on Shiv in 10 months!  Shocked Hm...

mmishra1Siya_pAL-pALVishakha_Sakhi

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Haaye those were the days...for me AnSh certainly haven't lost their charm but when I look back at those epis I can't help but sigh! I LOOOVVVEEED KKCS & Sarpanchjee constantly butting heads! Day Dreaming

umamSiya_pAL-pALaparnauma

aparnauma

IF-Sizzlerz

aparnauma

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
You raised quite a few valid points.

But what I did not get was is it about the episodes of BV or the structuring of the AnSh scenes.

The show is all about Anandi and Jagya in the centre and their changing eqations in their relationship as time passes by and the people they meet and those include Gauri,Shiv and now probably Ganga who entered their lives.

So the screen time has to be divided between J and A stories.

As for Shiv and his childhood and family background they have shown us very well and we do have a very clear picture of Shiv grew up in a happy and loving  family who had the best possible education and every thing life had to offer.He had a childhood pampered by two mothers.He probably was good at everything he did. Through Ashi we got to know what kind of a life he led in London and what his ideals and dreams were.I don't think there is any necessity show more about his life that  and what he was before he met A.They have given us a very clear picture of what he was like in his childhood family background education his family memebers. They have given us a clear idea what each  member of his family is like.If they show anything more than this it will be superfluous.
They introduced Shekhars to show Anandi a different kind of people and they succeeded in doing so.

As for Shiv's professional background - they have shown that he is an upright govt officer who doesn't hesitate to pull strings to help people.He is not afraid of doing what is right.

Afterall this is a show about balika vadhu who became a sarpanch from being an abandoned wife.It is has to concentrate on her more than him.He is just an extension of her.The only thta is important is her relationship with him on all fronts.They are showing his life and about him through AnSh scenes.Shiv is supposed to be seen mainly from Anandi's perspective.That's how they cntinue to show him.I do feel that they have done full justice to Shiv's character it is fully fleshed out and I don't see any gaps there.

He cannot be expected to have equal footage on screen as Anandi.Simply because A happens to be the main lead and S is a parallel male lead.

As for showing his childhood in flash backs like they did Ganga's story is totally unnecessary. Ganga's was shown because her story needs to make and impact and it is essential to know where she is coming from. Afterall she is part of the theme balkiavadhu.

Same thing they did with Gauri too.They did not show much but they have given us a good idea where she is coming from when they revealed that she was the balikavadhu who DS got  as the second wife to J.

And as for family members getting screen space - Singhs will get more footage because they form the part of the theme of the story balikavadhu.And the story happens in Jaitser and Haweli forms the stage.Shekhars cannot be expected t have more screen space than Shings.

J's story parallels to the story of A so his story and him will get more footage than Shiv.Whether we like it or not J is the main male lead.So he will take one half the entire screen time.

Remaining time goes to Anandi and AnSh and not Anandi and Shiv.

As for the progression of AnSh - their relationship is progressing quite well and the consummation I think they are dragging it simple because SR in tv shows is a turning point.

I think the footage and the episode formattng is quite fine as it is IMO.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

0mm7ppp333poiu123umampAL-pALVishakha_Sakhi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top