Episode 190 Discussion: 8th Feb 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 190 Discussion: 8th Feb 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? 😉. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 
  • The link to Previous Episode thread if anyone wants to trace and post thoughts there. https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3427069

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Episode 190 Discussion - EOD Summary

Dips ki Khinchayi. Madhu ki Bidaayi, Rishbala ki Varmaala - Sampann

Events of the Episode:
  1. Excellent Episode. ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Must watch episode.
  2. Dipali ki lagi class. Saas ne kah diya, "Madhu aur RK ki zindagi mein taan jhaank karne se achcha hoga agar woh apne aur Sikky ke baare mein soche " In english, Radha asked Dipali nit to pry into RK and Madhu's lives and worry about hers and Sikky's marriage.
  3. Madhu got a proper send-off from her mother through the Bidaayi ceremony. Padmini also gifts her piece of jewellery as "Stree Dhan" to Madhu. Very very endearing scene.
  4. Madhu reaches the venue of the marriage. RK is waiting for her. There is trepidation in the air and yet it poetic. The Fanaa song is played. Reminds us of RK and Madhu's first meeting.
  5. RK is inscrutable and Madhu is in total surrender. She touches his feet in all surrender and happiness. RK allows her to do it. Makes us remember, how at other times, he has never allowed it to happen, be it when they were in hate marriage in the vanity van when doing his maniicure-pedicure as his spot girl, or be it when during Karwachouth, Madhu wants to do it in customary completion of Karwachouth as his wife. Today when Madhu touches RK's feet, it was like Madhu was surrendering to the man forever by her choice and not as an obligation.
  6. The marriage rituals start. Varmaala ceremony is accomplished. The way RK makes it light and teasing for her, is beautiful. 
  7. As Madhu does not have a Chunri on her head, RK gives her that, decks her head. So Madhu has bangles from Ajji (village), jewellery from her mother, blessings from her Maa, is in red saree gifted by RK and now the Chunri.
  8. Pandit asks to get ready for phere...RK tells the Pandit, that he will not take the first 4 as they were already completed. Then Madhu steps ahead and goes in front of him to take the remaining three. RK doesn't move and Madhu is forced to stop to see RK not following her. Episode ends.

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - ritzy09, nehakariba, Charu
Page 2 - vkk2429, Athena90, Angeena, anastasia21, SD
Page 3 - Soundarya, flower2276, ritzy09, Ananya05, Soundarya
Page 4 - SD
Page 5 - dramacrazy12, vkk2429, SD, apolloartemis, dramacrazy12, SD
Page 8 - zoya_naziya
Page 9 - Ananya, SD
Page 10 - river123, SD
Page 11 - kt25
Page 13 - Savz_Uniqueblis

Page 2 - Fanaa Song - Lyrics and English translation by Soundarya

By Zoya_Naziya
The Fanaa song being played yet again sounded like a good sign only to me. It was played at the beginning of their story when they met for the first time and playing it today  when it is yet again a new beginning..

by 0-SD-0
The Song Selection from Fanaa
When RK and Madhu meet the first time @Natraj Studio. When Madhu walks over the Bridge, the music from Fanaa Song is played...never the lyrics. The bridge is exactly like from Fanaa song.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcIx6TX2xM[/YOUTUBE]

Today they played the song. So..."Is it the Climax ?"
Then:  She challenged him to come out of Nakli and Banawati Duniya. 
Now:  Is there any answer here ?

Pictorial Commentary by Zorica
MADHU's BIDAAYI - Beti Parayee Ho Gayee

SD : Madhu got a proper send-off from her mother through the Bidaayi ceremony. Padmini also gifts her piece of jewellery as "Stree Dhan" to Madhu. Very very endearing scene.
I liked the Bidaii scene very much.  Never on screen it looked so meaningful. As long as it happened, I felt warm and empowered and positive for Madhu. I felt, now nothing really bad will happen. because if loved one's blessings are with you, we are auto-protected. shielded and we will know how to bounce back. 
A Bidaaii in true sense prepares a girl a lot for her journey ahead...the crying looks OTT and sometimes we feel angry at the sense of seperation, the alienation (Parayapan) induced between the girl child and her Babul...but the natal cord between mother and the girl breaks second time and it hurts. Yet everything is so ritualistic and blessing through emotional crying; its mother's way of telling her now you are all alone, just take care my child, I have empowered you, taught you the best I can.

Ritzy09: Absolutely loved the bidaii scene'it was so natural. I know few people felt it was stretched but maybe because we are in hurry to know about the twist. But I felt it very emotional and apt. A parent especially a mother always thinks about their daughter bidaii'it is a very important ritual. And throwing rice till the front gate is the main rasam. Both Padmani and Madhu are excellent actors and it was beautifully done.

********************************************************************************************************

Madhu touching RK's feet

The Viewer Emotional Response summarised in Ananya's words.
Like in Northern part of India, we have 'Karvachauth' to fast and pray for your husband's well being and long life, in Marathi culture(and I beleive in Kannda and Gujrat as well.Not sure), we have 'Haritalika' and 'Vata pournima' where wives pray for husband's long life.
These are couple of occasions where I have seen my mother and aunts seeking blessings from their husband by touching their feet. I was very neutral then to this act. But as I grew up, somehow, I could not bring myself to admire this gesture. I could not support it.
But I don't know why, today, I was so overwhelmed by Madhu's act. I still can't understand why this happened to me. She is so selflessly submitting herself to him.  The way she said, 'Mere liye ye mazak nahi hai'. I got very emotional during that scene. 

By SD - drawing the parallels and analysing RK
I too was like why Madhu is touching his feet. Today I was asking her not to...but then I sighed. You know why ?! Because Madhu was backed up by her mother's thoughts about RK. She kind of put all that into Madhu...so Madhu is like if Maa believes him that much, whom I am not to believe.

Love is surrender. That's why women are able to do it.  I was educated by my (female) cousins that it all becomes easy in bending down and touching the husband's feet because, the man and woman share a relationship in bedroom where sometimes the man kisses the woman's feet and sometimes requests or pleads to her through touching her feet. Its their love all expressed in shringaara. And that's another reason why woman adorn their feet with anklets, alta etc so beautifully from ancient times. The feet are always adorned. I was also told, until a man shows himself ready to adore the woman in that manner of submitting himself to her, the woman is also not ready to surrender her body and mind. This I am telling of not city bred modern woman. This I am telling you of women of India in rural parts of India...where the way of life is not dictated by just orders and customs, but by also practicality. They have panchayats to resolve marriage dispute issues, so it becomes easy for them to deal in less talk but by yielding actions. Even the roots I come from, the elders say, first the woman has to be respected and loved by the man even behind closed doors and then it right for the man to demand respect in public. It might look very odd, but for a patriarchal society, these equations are quite natural and easy to follow. 

Coming to RK and Madhu - Comparisons between The Past and The Current at touching feet
  • Previously at Karwachouth time RK did not allow Madhu to touch the feet. As his spot girl, he did not allow her to touch his feet for pedicure. Both the times Madhu's free will was not there. She was under obligation as a wife and a servant doing it for a ritual completion and task completion respectively.
  • Today when Madhu touches RK's feet, it was like Madhu was surrendering to the man forever by her choice and not as an obligation. Today also he asked her not to because he was just joking, and yet when Madhu did out of her choice, he accepted her surrender though overwhelmed he was. 
This I am 100% sure. I have always observed RK, how much he respects Madhu, inspite of being intimidating to her and trying to be the egoist man.

Touching one's feet. Just as much as one feels humbled to offer himself at other's feet, so is the pride and sense of responsibility heightened for the person who accepts the surrender in honesty under ideal conditions. I had problems in touching the feet of Gurujis, but once I started doing it, all my distrust went away and I felt more at ease and relaxed at the humbling.

********************************************************************************************************

Marriage Ceremony  - Differences between the Past and the Present

Past - Varmaala - NO, Gathjod- NO,  Madhu's free-will in marrying RK - NO. 
Madhu was listless and everything of the marriage, was accomplished by RK, like making her sit, making her give her hand, making her get-up for phera.
Present - Varmaala exchange - YES. Gathjod - YES, Madhu's free-will - YES
  • The Gathjod
Previously it was missing and RK keeps pulling her as she doesn't walk for the pheras, He had to pull her up for that..
Now the gath-jod is done there and the pooja is done seriously with folded hands and closed eyes. RK is shown praying more seriously than Madhu. She looks at him and sees him earnestly praying.
  • The kanyadaan part is twisted/left. This brings us to hand holding scene.
Previously he put his other hand over hand so that his hand looks upward...it looks to us his ego was not allowing it, but to discerning eyes, his act was not that bad...He had given left hand, whereas right hand should be given, he grabs Madhu's left hand as she is not giving it...which actually should have been the right hand...and Madhu's hand keeps slipping away...so he rightfully keeps his right hand below, then takes Madhu's easily available left hand and puts his left hand upon hers to prevent her hand from slipping.  It was just a matter of practicality, which kinda looking caging and ego to us...but it is not from a drunken state of mind, but a drunken body, not in control...he was just getting done with the act in the best possible manner.
Now it was smoothly done. Madhu was the one who readily advanced her hand, she was not coy and did not wait for RK to ask. RK then supported her with his right and Madhu gave her left hand (why not right, I did not understand that) and it was sincerely done.

• In MEIEJ, the writers never followed the order of the vows the way in texts the vows are taken.. For the story they have twisted it.  You can go online and you will find the discrepancy...considerably. 
Reminding everyone here ...what are those 4 real vows that the pandit asked him to take 1st time, which RK twisted 3 and cancelled 1...which Madhu later on January 17th gave better wording when they took second time at the same place in correct manner. This time she repeated the vows loudly that earlier she did not commit and RK each time agreed with her. Madhu took the pheras leading RK 3 times to commit to those vows and 1 phera with RK leading Madhu which he had cancelled previously.

That 4-Phera Marriage vows  (before January 17th in promise and as practiced to the contrary)
*****************************************************************************************************

First one ..the actual one Pandit tells him ...I will  forever support you. And RK twists it and says in his mind, I promise to isolate you from all the people who will be supporting you.

Second one ...The actual one being ...I will never break your trust. And he twists it and says in his mind, I assure you that I will make everyday of your life a hell.

Third one - actual being ...I promise to be with you in good and bad times. And he twists to mean, cannot know about good times, I promise to fill up your life with unhappiness.

Fourth one - actual being - I promise to treat your parents with respect like mine. And he looks at Bittuji and has the fourth phera cancelled (the actual reason being he doesn't respect his living parents or may be parents is a closed chapter for him).

So in reality, everyone including Madhu may have assumed he took the first three vows at real. Only him and audience know what he was promising in the first three.

Now at real , he has been following 7 vows.  the first 3 real ones and 3 twisted ones and the fourth one, since he cancelled it, he takes liberty to humiliate them albeit calls them Sasurji and Saasumaa, in much expressive manner than of addressing his living family.

Isn't this man really complex, interesting and entertaining. We can never know what he can do. But one thing is good about him. When he twists, he keeps loyal to only himself being supportive to her and to be trustworthy to her and not promising too many bad things to her in a curseful manner. He just vows that much which MB is capable of dealing with.

Must say interesting plot and character sketch there from the writers !!

******************************************************************************************************

Originally posted by: zorica

wallpaper
https://i48.tinypic.com/23k6szc.jpg

The Varmaala Exchange - In Gandharva Vivaah style, this marriage is completed. No more phere needed. In India - to have the marriage/reception done in style, first varmaala is done as it is quick with no chance left for inauspicious events to happen. Later on the full rituals/customs/pooja is carried out.
Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
pnars thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
I'm sorry to start with a negative review, but what the heck was that? That, imo, was the sound of ST and his crew jerking our chains and flushing us down the loo. They're playing us around like master puppeteers, and pulling this thing far too long. 

They'll probably string us along till Tuesday or whenever. Hence the 2 week reference in ST's tweet. 

Otherwise, the episode was beautifully written, shot and enacted. I loved that Radha told Dipsi to (finally!) focus on her own husband. I loved the dream-like wedding. I found the long-drawn out bidaai rasam to be ott. Do they really keep throwing rice right up to the gate of the house in North India?

I'm withdrawing myself from further analysis and speculation.

I'll watch tomorrow night's episode, of course, but till then, it's back to the Kindle for me. 

Have a good morning/evening/night, wherever you are...
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't what to say besides there was symbolism in the last scene if this is infact revenge. That RK only considered this marriage to be true upto the four pheras but after the fourth it was Madhu who kept getting ahead of herself by continuing to invest herself in this relationship. RK just stood behind too watch. I will give this show a week more to see whether the plot is sensible or not but if i don't think it is sensible I most likely discontinue. It is funny how RK said fast forward I'm sure that is what many of us would like to do right now to see what happens.Edited by Gurtiluv - 11 years ago
bcbs_srk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
We are addicted to the show so patience is the only medicine. 😊
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Haven't watched the episode so will come back with review

But first thing I want to say is hats off to CVs, Colors and ST. Till now, all their small small twists...MUs which they finished in 1-2-3 days, all of them, they revealed through SBS, SBB etc. I mean it is so tough to keep things under wrap nowadays due to hyperactive media and most of the serials nowadays anyway spill all the beans early.

But this time, twist is not probably a 1-2-3 day twist but something which will change the shape of the story. And hence they have kept it totally out of media. Just enough information to increase curiosity but no confirmed news or scenes from anywhere.

I have also almost never seen BV spill their beans in SBS/SBB etc so maybe it is Colors strategy. But hats off to the way they have marketed, teased the audience and yet managed to keep the interest and frenzy by not divulging anything. Even the episodes have been shot with so much care that audience know something is up...so many symbolisms that they are difficult to miss but still not even a single hint to actually what is up.

Just like the blank paper RK left for his mom. They know something is up but what no one has a clue...

Awesome execution and marketing strategy

Meenah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
episode continued form madhu bidai scene. 🥱now here we are dying because of suspense and this never ending bidaai🥱.
dips poisoning radhaji but radhaji taking madhu side wow. and first time ever advising dips to take care of sikki instead of rk and madhu. but dips still stuck on rk and madhu😆.

Edited by nehakariba - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
a heartfelt thanks to the MB team for not giving the precap today 😆 now u can throw chappals on me 🥺 i so wish they didn't give THIS promo but instead of that, gave the promo in which they r completing these rituals..real twist PHIR aata...

reason i wanna detach the precap and promo is bec. i dreamt of their wedding since i dun know when..i was anxiously waiting for it...if i had not seen the promo, i'll be dancing today but what the heck ! their marriage is jinxed ! kabhi poori hogi ke budape ka intezar karna padega 🤣 

nyways it started with Padmini and Madhu..Padmini showing full faith in RK, blessings, Bidai, all very emotional and well done...thoda sa stretch bec.  the presence of onlookers was looking weird...Dips abhi bhi guess nahi kar saki 🤣 vamp ke naam par black spot 🤪 for the first time Radha acted stern with her n asked her to mind her own business...👍🏼 tht was a refreshing change..the blank letter , what does it mean? i'm still guessing ke his plan of exile was in execution and he might have changed his decision overnight and letter also ..if he was NOT planning to leave, the blank letter makes sense and that means, he was planning this shadi wala big twist kaafi time se..

so finally Madhu reaches the khandar which is surprisingly well decorated  😲 arre spending so much on his wedding and cheapo decoration for saasu ma's wedding? ha ha ha 😈 the set was beautiful 👏 too bad it's not gonna be utilized fully...knew Madhu won't wear that golden orange taam jhaam..there was no place to change either...😵

beautiful beautiful song they played in the BG..one of my favs...👏 good selection of songs, they add to the effect  finally shri shri RK ne darshan diye 🥳 with his usual style  , he held Madhu's hand and said all those ghayal karne wale dialogues ...Madhu touched his feet 😲 what was that? Madhu plz pyar mein Radha bano Meera nahi  but that gesture touched my heart ❤️ Kudos to VD and DD, both were brilliant today ..outstanding  

the wedding rituals , jaimala, haath mein haath dena  a long long awaited moment...panditji can be this foolish? 4 phere pehle se le liye ab 5th se start karo , n he agreed 😆 the last scene was very much expected...but wherez that evil smirk haan? silent killer 😈

i think after this, pandit association will refuse to attend RK and his family's marriage functions...🤪they will say "tumhara roz roz ka drama hai" ...🤔 thats the gist of today's episode 😆 one of them was almost killed in Padmini's marriage

whatever happens tomorrow and the next 2 weeks, i'm not thinking about it..as Angeena said yest, we have overanalyzed it...kuch zyada hi ho gaya...if i missed out something, i'll update it later 

when will they stop tweeting ST now? if he tells them whats gonna happen next, who will watch his serial dammit? 😆 

Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
vkk2429 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yesterday the goodbye session was long drawn.
Today continued with the bidaii rasam.. kitna kiincha hua 🥱
Radha-Dips scene was good just because Dips was put in
place by Radha (if not permanently atleast  temporarily)
The Shaadi mandap was beautiful... 
The ceremony started off beautifully ..ended with the dreaded
promo scene😔 although the BG music had one of my most
favorite song👍🏼 which 
To make matters worse.. NO PRECAP...
The guessing game continues.. They are giving everyone a 
heart attack.😭
Did not even want to analyse or scrutinise their expressions today..
just wanted to enjoy the episode. 
They both looked really good in their attires today..nothing felt OTT
during the ceremony.
RK was as usual his witty self today just throwing off us out of the loop making it impossible to guess what is to come😕🤢

ST's latest tweets promises a long drawn out 2 weeks..lots of
patience needed😔
Athena90 thumbnail
I haven't been watching the episode religiously for the past couple of weeks (actually since they started the Trishna and marrying drama) and read the updates. And I haven't come here in a while. 

I read about today's episode and the whole turning evil and "rapist drama". The latter is absolutely childish and I posted about it. Now to the former, I'm not in favor about this whole line (and this is going to sound increasingly like a rant on why I don't like it. But hey, forums are also for intellectual ranting right?)

Anyway, this whole plot about revenge doesn't make sense. First, its repeated. Not the first show where we see someone getting married to take revenge. CVs please, show some more originality. Second, who goes through so much to get revenge. This is not marriage, but a LONG plan of having her fall in love, getting her sister to become a heroine, getting her parents married, getting beaten up by goons to save her. All for revenge. Seriously? Very very real like! Third, no one is such a good actor. This just doesn't make sense. And then the whole idea that RK is actually still in love and that his ego is SOO huge he either doesn't realize he is in love or does and still wants revenge. I'm sorry, very absurd. 

Absurdities aside, I just wish there was more originality. 

Oh well rant over, I'm going to watch Suits now. At least if not real like, it is original!