Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki

Screenindia-Sanskar family melo- drama (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

svpg

Groupbie

svpg

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
The son of the house Hasu is betraying his own family, his wife and daughter in law are partners in crime. From the IF Synopsis, it seems like the other son Ankit is another useless character who tries to rape Bharti plus there is Bharti's would be in-laws who are so shameless that they want their dowry inspite of knowing the Vaishnav's condition and then here is Jai Kishan in America preaching "Mera Bharat Mahaan" values which are so contradictory to the values in his own family. On top of that, he very conveniently criticizes the western culture. I would have liked the serial if the OTT melodrama in U.S. and the value preaching (that does not even exist in his own home) was not there.
I actually like the story in Gujarat a lot more, atleast there is a story!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The_May_Rose

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Screenindia-Sanskar family melo- drama (Page 2)" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jsrkfan

jsrkfan

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
Every story takes it's own time to build-up. Every character will take it's own time to get attached to the audience. Once this happens the show will catch more eye-balls. So let's be optimistic guys Smile. It's too early to give any verdict about the show

drsimran

Groupbie

drsimran

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
I don't have too much problem with the family although I think (including Jai) is too goody goody except Hasmukh family. I am from USA and I have a problem with them showing that all American white are bad. The teens on the bus fun of Jai for no reason is over the top. Most Americans are good people and mind their own business. Even the police seem corrupted. I know Jai did not have his passport but he didhave his work papers so they should have at least listened to him and do an investigation with help of Indian consulet.
In my opinion anybody would be scared to set foot in my country after seeing this serial. Don't get me wrong I am totally Hindustani at heart and believe in every dialog Jai says about Indians but this serial seems insulting to Americans. I felt the same way when I watched Pardes. I like Kal Ho Naa Ho and English Vinglish. Those movies are true to both cultures.

The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Great to see some honest views and I have liked many Smile...
I know production people do visit IF to get audience feedback, so I hope they take our feedback seriously...

amritat

Goldie

amritat

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged

Honestly speaking, i dnt quite disagree with this article...this show is indeed boring...Although I watch it regularly, but dat's only for Yashashri...bcoz initially, it was told dat Yashu will be the lead...but i guess, dat reason doesn't exist anymore...However there is one thing I didnt like abt this article...I hate the way people condemn actors so easily for not being "hot"...I hate how true talent is being compromised for good looks...Jay Soni may not b as "hot" as some of his contemporaries, but he is certainlly a good actor...I am sure, true Jay must have been hurt...I would also like to mention dat many people talk abt Yashashri in the same manner...we, Yashashri fans, feel the same wen people do so...dat is, overlook her acting skills n concentrate more on how she looks...No offence to anyone but most sanskaar viewers want Bhoomi with Jay than Bharti, bcoz she is the prettier one.(as mentioned in the article about Shamin being pleasant on the eye)...though nobody says it openly...but this is how people feel, it seems...this kind of mentality is clearly reflected in the comments abt Jay in this article...

poo_j

shruti999

shruti999

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amritat

Honestly speaking, i dnt quite disagree with this article...this show is indeed boring...Although I watch it regularly, but dat's only for Yashashri...bcoz initially, it was told dat Yashu will be the lead...but i guess, dat reason doesn't exist anymore...However there is one thing I didnt like abt this article...I hate the way people condemn actors so easily for not being "hot"...I hate how true talent is being compromised for good looks...Jay Soni may not b as "hot" as some of his contemporaries, but he is certainlly a good actor...I am sure, true Jay must have been hurt...I would also like to mention dat many people talk abt Yashashri in the same manner...we, Yashashri fans, feel the same wen people do so...dat is, overlook her acting skills n concentrate more on how she looks...No offence to anyone but most sanskaar viewers want Bhoomi with Jay than Bharti, bcoz she is the prettier one.(as mentioned in the article about Shamin being pleasant on the eye)...though nobody says it openly...but this is how people feel, it seems...this kind of mentality is clearly reflected in the comments abt Jay in this article...

i also disagree with the article as the show is shot in USA and being a reviewer one should even praise about this fact. you just cant pick out faults and criticise everything overlooking positive points. this review is more of a critisim than a review. 

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti999

Originally posted by amritat

i also disagree with the article as the show is shot in USA and being a reviewer one should even praise about this fact. you just cant pick out faults and criticise everything overlooking positive points. this review is more of a critisim than a review. 

I agree...The show should be priased for shooting in the US...But that gets lost when the US is constantly seen in a negative light...
The Indian characters only feel nostalgic about India and can't say anything positive about their life in the west...
SDAK could have shown a balance, of how Indians have intergrated into the west, while still keeping their traditions alive...

poo_j

svpg

Groupbie

svpg

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
The issue is not any one's acting skills or about the lead pairs or who is more beautiful etc.The issue is about the message the show conveys.Americans in general are peace loving people and even if a cop stops you for speeding,you are talked to with utmost respect.They address you as Sir or Madam.Plus they very politely explain why they stopped you. Same is the case with Managers as well.Also it is not true that Indians living in the U.S forget their culture.All my friends living in the US have taught their kids Gita,Indian music,Indian dance etc and insist in celebrating all Indian festivals.I can understand it is a drama,but this is way OTT,especially the Mera Bharat Mahaan preaching and criticizing another country's values without doing their homework.

poo_j

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.