Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

npatel

Groupbie

npatel

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 6:13pm | IP Logged

Zoya was staring at the luminous sky.  She had been crying non-stop all day.  In her mind the only echo that kept repeating it's tune was what Asad said to her "a person like you does not deserve a mother".  Her heart was aching and wanted to pour out all the build up from the previous years but even her eyes had gone dry.  She was lifeless, motionless and speechless.  All she thought was how cruel life can be.  What has she done to deserve this? 

Lost in her thoughts she just sat there. Asad was walking over to the bench she was occupying.  He had a cup of coffee in his hands. I'm sorry Zoya.  I made this coffee for you to comfort you in your time of need. Please drink it, and walked off. Zoya felt so cold, obviously not from the temperature of the weather but the fact that left no stone unturned insulting her, apologized and walked off. What was that all about?  She left the coffee on the bench, got a hold of herself and walked to her room. 

She was packing her suitcase thinking where life would take her next. She had to leave this house but couldn't leave Bhopal until her mission was complete. She couldn't stay in this house after all the drama that had taken place. She wasn't one to hold any grudges but she felt something missing inside of her. Something that was beyond repair. She was very happy to be a part of something. She never experienced living with a family before and she will remember this experience for the rest of her life, but she can't forget the emotional trauma that Asad put her through. She wasn't one to complain but she couldn't leave without expressing what she felt. She decided to leave a letter.

Dear Asad,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I know you weren't too fond of my staying here. After all we have been through I felt it's better I've left. I came here to find my abu. Like I mentioned before I lost my mom when i was three in a tragic fire accident. But I never knew where my abu was or who he was. I have no memory of him whatsoever. I had agreed to come to India to look for him. My api thought it would be a waste of my time but I needed to know who I was and where my roots belonged.  Everyone has an identity and without that one is lost.

That is the quest that had drawn me to overstay in your house. I was just a guest and should have remained one. But my outgoing personality and caring nature didn't allow me to sit idle when things were going wrong. I should have been like those selfish girls who only care about themselves then I wouldn't get into trouble all the time, but apparently that is not who I am. Helping people in need makes  me feel good about myself and I can't change who I am.

I cared for Phuppi and Najma from the bottom of my heart. I felt like they were my own. But who was I kidding I knew that someday I would have to go.  I am not upset with you for slapping me or insulting me in the manner that you had.  What I am afraid of is falling in love with you. Why do you affect me so much? Why do I care what you think about me? Why do you matter to me? I have often asked these questions to myself time in and out. The only possible answer I can come up with is that I have feelings for you.

I feel if I remain in your house those feelings will develop more and more day by day. I do not want to grow fond of someone who is heartless. Someone who can never love me back. Someone who can only give me pain. I thought you were developing a soft spot for me but I was wrong. The slap and insults and above all what you thought of me, made me realize that one can never change. If you had felt even a little for me then you would have never done what you had done.

Anyways...I can go on and on but I won't. I just wanted to say I hope you find that special someone that you have always desired. I hope your family remains safe and happy forever.

I am leaving from your house but you will always remain in my heart.

Zoya

************************************************************************************************

I don't know if I am adding this correctly...it's my first time editing a second part to the post. But I have updated this SS.  Hope you guys like it. The rest will come later. 

After reading the note Asad sat mute.  He didn't know what to think or how to react.  Did she love him? How could she love someone like him? What was she thinking?  He still did not believe in love but he felt bad that she did not know anyone here and he was responsible for her state of mind. He shouldn't have caused her that much pain. He shouldn't be the reason for her to leave his house like that. What would he tell his ami? Where could he find her?

He decided to search for her since his ami was asleep and he had to find her.  He drove everywhere and asked if they had seen a girl in jeans.  After no positive responses he thought maybe I should go to the dargah. It was 4 am and he didn't know what else to do. He still remembered the first time he saw her at the dargah and how beautiful she looked. He was so mesmerized by that innocent sight that he remembered that all the time he went to the dargah. He felt a strange feeling in his heart as he was taking steps towards the dargah. His heartbeat's rhythm was changing but he didn't know why. As he got closer to the entrance he noticed someone sleeping on the stairs of the dargah with a suitcase next to them. As he looked closer he said Zoya. Tears fell from his eye and landed on her face. She woke up saying Allah miyah why did it have to rain now. Where am I going to go now? As she focused her eyes from her deep slumber she noticed a familiar face in front of her.

Asad, Allah miyah don't tell me I am dreaming with my eyes open.  How can he be real? I was just dreaming about him and now he's here too?  I guess I will be checking myself into a mental institution once I go back to NY.  He stood there in a trance, he didn't know what to say. He often fell short of words whenever he would see her. She had the ability to spellbound him in that manner. After sometime the azaan played through the speakers of the dargah and he focused. Zoya why did you leave? I know I don't deserve to be forgiven for what I have done but please return back home. My ami had promised your jiju that you would be safe with us and you are our responsibility.  I apologize for all the trauma i have caused you. Please return back.

Zoya didn't know what to think or do. She was fascinated by him. She loved everything about him. She would melt if he looked at her. She was staring at him lost in her world when he started to yell...Miss Farooqui, Miss Farooqui.  Asad said can we go now? He grabbed her suitcase and held her wrist and started walking down the stairs of the dargah.  (the same song from kurbaan playing in the background Ali Maula).  He opened the passenger car door, clicked on her seatbelt, put the suitcase in the trunk and started to drive. She was staring right at him while he was focused on the road.

After some time the car stopped at the same location where Zoya had come to see the shooting star. Asad got down from the car and pulled Zoya out too. He held her by the wrist and walked over to the bench. There was a moment of silence that filled the air, little light bugs where flying spreading their light and love in the air. The breeze was blowing Zoya's hair here and there and some blew over to Asad's face. Slowly he tucked her hair behind her ear. Looked into her eyes with tear filled eyes and said, I am sorry. I am sorry for everything.

I really do not know how to react. I read your letter and I can't understand how anyone can love me. Being your knight in shining armor maybe you feel you love me, or maybe you don't even know what love is. But no one can love me. And I don't know why i treat you the way I treat you. I often ask myself why I argue with you, or why i feel the way I feel. I really have no answers. But i do know one thing and that is the fact that i mistreated you. I respect women and would never think of slapping a woman in my worst nightmares and i slapped you.  I don't know what got over me and why i did such a thing.

But i do know I don't love you. Zoya was just staring at him with silent tears rolling down her face. Asad wiped the tears and caressed her face. He moved closer and held her. He whispered Shhhshhh into her ear stroking her back gently comforting her. Zoya please don't cry said Asad in a very soft voice. She cried more and more. His grip got stronger and stronger as she was crying in his arms. Zoya had her arms wrapped around him by now and both were hugging each other very passionately.  Zoya because she loved Asad, and Asad because he was comforting Zoya.  They were in each other's arm for some time. After a while, Zoya stopped crying and pulled herself back together. She said, I am sorry I left like that but I didn't have the courage to face you. And I still feel I should not return back because I know I love you. It will be hard for me to stay there knowing the fact that each day I feel more and more for you, and then I will have to return one day but it will be extremely hard for me to return back to NY.

I hope you can understand my problem. I know you don't feel anything for me, I know you despise me, I know you think I'm immature, wild, selfish, and  an ill-mannered girl but what can I do I love you. I love everything about you. Everything you do mesmerizes me. The way you shout at me, shows concern to me. The way you clean up after me, shows you care for me. The way you pin me to the wall when you are angry with me shows you want to be closer to me. Everything i see in you is full of love for me. After the mangalpur fiasco I thought we had a connection the way you caressed my hair and kissed me on the forehead, the way you embraced me into your arms while we were on the truck heading back to Bhopal, the way you cleaned the dirt off of my face with your handkerchief...all that shows concern and even love for me. I don't know why you are suppressing these feelings inside. I don't know why you are afraid to show how you feel inside, but I know you feel something for me just like I feel something for you.

I know I am not what you have dreamed of in a girl. I am a confident, independent and westernized girl but I am willing to change for you. I am willing to mend my ways for the person who stands in front me of today. I always thought how can someone change for someone like that but I was wrong I can change myself for you. I can become who you want me to become. Being away from you causes a sharp pain in my heart and I don't know if i can walk away from all this if i stay any longer. Asad quietly was listening to Zoya speak. He leaned forward to her lips and placed his lips on hers. Time seemed to freeze. After some time Asad started to kiss Zoya. She closed her eyes, parted her lips and Asad deepened the kiss. They sat on the bench as the sun was rising , the birds were chirping, kissing each other passionately.

Edited by npatel - 09 February 2013 at 8:46pm

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

wacky1990ash12recoupmanjusha_92p3cubedWorkerBnumi12suchishahksenAnju_S-Anji-lourel24rosamalekandygroveraashiqua-Siaa-Chinnu.MunnuPhoenixRadarjazmeen4ever4loveRach._Mohabbatgirl_-Yuks---Kriti--ranzMisHumptyDumptyNithiya95shanakyasharan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Overstayed Visit Short Story UPDATED" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kandygrover

Goldie

kandygrover

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Great start.. Do continue:)

HoneySweety

Goldie

HoneySweety

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
It is realy too gud plz continue

npatel

Groupbie

npatel

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
I definitely will continue...this is my first post.  I have been a silent reader and was inspired to write today so I did. 

KSG_luv

IF-Rockerz

KSG_luv

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Continue please

Chinnu.Munnu

Goldie

Chinnu.Munnu

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Nice start..Please continue..

MisHumptyDumpty

IF-Sizzlerz

MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Great start. Do continue, yeah you needa pm me tooo LOL

npatel

Groupbie

npatel

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

I am posting the second part to this SS.  Enjoy. 

After reading the note Asad sat mute.  He didn't know what to think or how to react.  Did she love him? How could she love someone like him? What was she thinking?  He still did not believe in love but he felt bad that she did not know anyone here and he was responsible for her state of mind. He shouldn't have caused her that much pain. He shouldn't be the reason for her to leave his house like that. What would he tell his ami? Where could he find her?

He decided to search for her since his ami was asleep and he had to find her.  He drove everywhere and asked if they had seen a girl in jeans.  After no positive responses he thought maybe I should go to the dargah. It was 4 am and he didn't know what else to do. He still remembered the first time he saw her at the dargah and how beautiful she looked. He was so mesmerized by that innocent sight that he remembered that all the time he went to the dargah. He felt a strange feeling in his heart as he was taking steps towards the dargah. His heartbeat's rhythm was changing but he didn't know why. As he got closer to the entrance he noticed someone sleeping on the stairs of the dargah with a suitcase next to them. As he looked closer he said Zoya. Tears fell from his eye and landed on her face. She woke up saying Allah miyah why did it have to rain now. Where am I going to go now? As she focused her eyes from her deep slumber she noticed a familiar face in front of her.

Asad, Allah miyah don't tell me I am dreaming with my eyes open.  How can he be real? I was just dreaming about him and now he's here too?  I guess I will be checking myself into a mental institution once I go back to NY.  He stood there in a trance, he didn't know what to say. He often fell short of words whenever he would see her. She had the ability to spellbound him in that manner. After sometime the azaan played through the speakers of the dargah and he focused. Zoya why did you leave? I know I don't deserve to be forgiven for what I have done but please return back home. My ami had promised your jiju that you would be safe with us and you are our responsibility.  I apologize for all the trauma i have caused you. Please return back.

Zoya didn't know what to think or do. She was fascinated by him. She loved everything about him. She would melt if he looked at her. She was staring at him lost in her world when he started to yell...Miss Farooqui, Miss Farooqui.  Asad said can we go now? He grabbed her suitcase and held her wrist and started walking down the stairs of the dargah.  (the same song from kurbaan playing in the background Ali Maula).  He opened the passenger car door, clicked on her seatbelt, put the suitcase in the trunk and started to drive. She was staring right at him while he was focused on the road.

After some time the car stopped at the same location where Zoya had come to see the shooting star. Asad got down from the car and pulled Zoya out too. He held her by the wrist and walked over to the bench. There was a moment of silence that filled the air, little light bugs where flying spreading their light and love in the air. The breeze was blowing Zoya's hair here and there and some blew over to Asad's face. Slowly he tucked her hair behind her ear. Looked into her eyes with tear filled eyes and said, I am sorry. I am sorry for everything.

I really do not know how to react. I read your letter and I can't understand how anyone can love me. Being your knight in shining armor maybe you feel you love me, or maybe you don't even know what love is. But no one can love me. And I don't know why i treat you the way I treat you. I often ask myself why I argue with you, or why i feel the way I feel. I really have no answers. But i do know one thing and that is the fact that i mistreated you. I respect women and would never think of slapping a woman in my worst nightmares and i slapped you.  I don't know what got over me and why i did such a thing.

But i do know I don't love you. Zoya was just staring at him with silent tears rolling down her face. Asad wiped the tears and caressed her face. He moved closer and held her. He whispered Shhhshhh into her ear stroking her back gently comforting her. Zoya please don't cry said Asad in a very soft voice. She cried more and more. His grip got stronger and stronger as she was crying in his arms. Zoya had her arms wrapped around him by now and both were hugging each other very passionately.  Zoya because she loved Asad, and Asad because he was comforting Zoya.  They were in each other's arm for some time. After a while, Zoya stopped crying and pulled herself back together. She said, I am sorry I left like that but I didn't have the courage to face you. And I still feel I should not return back because I know I love you. It will be hard for me to stay there knowing the fact that each day I feel more and more for you, and then I will have to return one day but it will be extremely hard for me to return back to NY.

I hope you can understand my problem. I know you don't feel anything for me, I know you despise me, I know you think I'm immature, wild, selfish, and  an ill-mannered girl but what can I do I love you. I love everything about you. Everything you do mesmerizes me. The way you shout at me, shows concern to me. The way you clean up after me, shows you care for me. The way you pin me to the wall when you are angry with me shows you want to be closer to me. Everything i see in you is full of love for me. After the mangalpur fiasco I thought we had a connection the way you caressed my hair and kissed me on the forehead, the way you embraced me into your arms while we were on the truck heading back to Bhopal, the way you cleaned the dirt off of my face with your handkerchief...all that shows concern and even love for me. I don't know why you are suppressing these feelings inside. I don't know why you are afraid to show how you feel inside, but I know you feel something for me just like I feel something for you.

I know I am not what you have dreamed of in a girl. I am a confident, independent and westernized girl but I am willing to change for you. I am willing to mend my ways for the person who stands in front me of today. I always thought how can someone change for someone like that but I was wrong I can change myself for you. I can become who you want me to become. Being away from you causes a sharp pain in my heart and I don't know if i can walk away from all this if i stay any longer. Asad quietly was listening to Zoya speak. He leaned forward to her lips and placed his lips on hers. Time seemed to freeze. After some time Asad started to kiss Zoya. She closed her eyes, parted her lips and Asad deepened the kiss. They sat on the bench as the sun was rising , the birds were chirping, kissing each other passionately.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shobakvChinnu.MunnuPhoenixRadarranzMisHumptyDumpty--Kriti--

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.