Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Manita-

IF-Rockerz

-Manita-

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

I have news to share – Please Read On……

I am getting increasingly busy and I made this post because  –

1. I am unable to reply to all the pm's and messages and mails. I am sorry guys. I am in touch with only 4 people at this time, who are my close friends. Other than those, I am not able to keep pace with the number of pm's, requests and mails. Not getting a reply gives an impression that I am being rude or arrogant. Trust me, it was never my intention. I try hard to reply but It's just that I'm totally tied up.

2. I am not able to reply to comments everytime, though I try my best to do it ! Still, I would like you to know that each and every word written on my thread in response to the update is important for me. I read it several times and try to learn, whenever a piece of advice is offered...it's oxygen for me !!

3. I will be slowing down on updating and from now on I will be updating only once a week. I haven't decided which day, but will try to make it fixed so that you know, which day to look for, when you can expect an update.

4. I have several requests pending for blog invites……will send invites whenever I start updating. 

5. I wanted to thank India-forums, RBO forum, for several things, you'll know in paragraph below……

Things have been keeping me busy these days, more than ever.

Being a practicing physician, a dermatologist to be specific, takes most of my time. But coming to think of that, it is this aspect of my life that defines me. I am nothing, if not a doctor, and I have experienced that several times, when I am not able to practice or meet patients owing to various reasons. I feel lost and directionless when not treating patients. And when I resume going to the hospital / clinic, I can feel the life in every breath that I take.

Other than that, being a wife, a mother and caretaker of home is another job that makes sure that I stay involved, absorbed and busy.

And with all this comes my passion for writing. A breather that rejuvenates me through the hectic routine whenever it is tough, or through days when I have nothing to do….. it helps me keep my mind sufficiently distracted to another world that I have often created to let my imaginations go wild in all directions….it's a trance…..a meditation….. something as important for me as breathing is to live…..

My journey as a writer is weird …..

I was always a closet writer since school days. I would write short stories and poetry in diaries and kept them safely locked somewhere. I was pretty regular till I was in college when I won the First prize for Creative writing for two consecutive years. Even then, I never took writing seriously. It was all about jotting down few sentences here and there and forget about them, thinking about stories and ideas in my mind and having a dream that I will write seriously some day.

After that life happened, or so they say like that !!

Marriage, pregnancy, baby care, post graduation, job, shifting cities and coping up with everything together took the front seat and writing went down to as low as one poem per year. I never had time for myself, honestly.

I had to consciously pick it up as only writing gave me a release that no other pursuit gave.

2. 5 years back, I joined India Forums as I felt the need to share my views with like minded people. Pouring down views led to writing actively and then, what I found next was that I was writing Fan Fictions.

In simple words……I resumed my journey as a writer at India Forums !! I am immensely thankful to the forum for giving me a platform to write and share my ideas and get a feedback, good or bad both, for everything I wrote. I am thankful to RBO and Shanak to inspire me so much that writing for them felt like second nature …..

Motivated and encouraged, I kept writing and moved to blogs, which are a better, safe ( copyright wise ) and peaceful places.

Posting on forum and Blogging were two amazing experiences which I relished immensely. I found lovely people here to interact with, formed lasting friendships and life was never the same.

After these 2 experiences, it's time now for next two levels of my experiments and experiences in writing which I am now sharing with my readers – ( I wanted to keep it low profile, for the result to speak for itself hence only close friends know about it...but I was urged to share it with people responsible for it in many ways...so here it goes )

News 1. I have recently finished the first draft of the film script that I was offered, sometime back. ( Once again, thanks to the forum and TresPro ) It'll take another 15 days and I will start working on the second draft of it. It was a lovely experience to learn how to write the story and screenplay for the visual medium I am still learning and this growth is what I strive for, when I try and look for new avenues. I am blissfully registered with the FWA ( Film Writers Association ) now and enjoyed the whole stint that I did in Mumbai for this upcoming movie. Can't tell you more about it here but will keep you all posted at my personal blog.

News 2. For those who wanted to know about the book that was under publication, based on my story – "Trespassers Prohibited"…..and keep asking me about it……Well, it is very much in the process. Not only that, even MRM is in the pipeline…..but it's just that I was delaying them coz of various reasons. One of them is the tremendous work you need to put in re-doing what you have already written before. Editing, rewriting, cutting short a manuscript of 500 odd pages to fit in 250 – 300 pages approx is tough for a person like me. I lack the time and energy required to do it and to re-visit my work again and again doesn't give me that high which writing something new gives.

I am pretty laid back about these things as I don't want to lose the bliss that I get in writing by converting it into a work and doing it forcibly. To be honest, I am not out there to make a career out of writing. I am happy with my day time job as a doctor. Secondly, I am not sure if I want a fan fiction to be my debut book, if at all I become enterprising enough and pursue diligently all those steps which are needed to get the book successfully published. Trespassers and MRM are more of romance overdoses and nothing like serious writing, according to me. Still, if someone is keen on publishing it, I feel honoured and blessed.Currently, I am writing another story meant for publication, which is a non Shanak story, it's not a fan fiction and I hope to get it finished within the stipulated time, let's see how it goes !!

I guess my plates are more than full. I am experiencing new pages of the Life's book and happy about the struggles as well as the achievements. Once I am through with one successful movie to my credit as a story and screenplay writer ( I bet it will be a hit, trust me ) and one book to my credit as an author, I will introspect and think which experience out of these was the most satisfying...Forumming, Blogging, Film writing or Getting Published !!

Till then, I am experimenting and experiencing and loving the journey :)))))

But the best part is that I was contacted for Film writing and for Publishing the book through this forum. I was not so smart or outgoing to go and approach people. Friends, well wishers and new avenues approached me through this forum….

Thank you once again, IF – RBO forum and it's members for being so encouraging always…..and I hope you now understand if I am not able to reply to your messages and mails, reply to your comments and when the update gets delayed….

PS – I need someone to take the responsibility of making YM's AT at the other forum. I don't think I will be able to that, for the time being.

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

vijusbsimplysakshiJust.ShanakShanaksansarONAegoday_lilymonika_aamadhutanuAnu179chandu8881luckym2012jeetegaminnu345-Deepali-IF_ridamissfilmysweetsuteaasma1heer_85jaisyjazz-pranjal-poo_jkhushboo2006moreremix-Amrita2010purvi08RB81DiehardYMfanManeesha_Shanak_CutieCute_shalini_sThe_May_Roseshanakyasharan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~ News to Share & Thanks to RBO forum ~" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-pranjal-

IF-Dazzler

-pranjal-

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Always Proud of you Big smile Muaahhh 

Congratulations graphics

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chandu8881-Manita-The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
I am so happy for you Manita Big smileClap...Congratulations and best wishes for all your venturesThumbs UpStar...   

It's feels great that you can share this with us...This is a proud moment for us all...I also feel proud that, our forum has had the pleasure of seeing, it's writers gain success beyond IF Approve...Post and update as and when you can...RBO forum will be here and so are weSmile...

YM thread will be posted on the other forum, as and when it is required...I will do that for you Smile...
Perhaps when you do find time to come on IF, Yashashri will actually be visible in the showLOL...

Anyway, take care and see you soonHug...

Edited by The_May_Rose - 07 February 2013 at 12:56pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chandu8881-Deepali-missfilmy-Manita-

heer_85

Goldie

heer_85

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
wow!!! di this is an awesome news congratulation and all the very best
love u always

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Manita-

aasma1

Goldie

aasma1

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
wooow manita sooo proud of u babe
xxx

-Manita-

missfilmy

Goldie

missfilmy

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
wow!!! so happy for u and proud tooBig smile This is home for u Manita, hope u didn't take the break and stayed here, but thanks for coming back again , writing HKA and sharing these happy newsHug BTW me too want invites of ur blog, want to read ur earlier FFs.

Ranjini

-Manita-

poo_j

IF-Dazzler

poo_j

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
WOW!!!Big smile Sooo Happy for you di!!!Big smile And proud as well..Smile All the very best!!!Hug

-Manita-

monika_aa

monika_aa

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
congtratulations Clap n All D Best Thumbs Up

-Manita-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top