Debate Mansion

How big of a deal is Virginity to you (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

El_Dorado

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBoss

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How big of a deal is Virginity to you (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LovesLowCulture

LovesLowCulture

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by El_Dorado

I get that but a girl who has been grown up carrying a mentality that sex is bad, how come she is forced to have sex with her husband post marriage? Why is it so necessary to f**k your husband? This looks nothing short of rape to me... Angry

It is. A lot of times the bleeding is a result of the woman not being ready and/or the guy being rough. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

El_DoradoTheBossFreshDaisy....Poojie....

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by El_Dorado

nice poem...send it to Rajeev 

you can take back your like if you wan El. I removed the poem to keep discussion serious. lol. Important debate is going on here.

TheBoss

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged

We live in a world where losing your phone is more dramatic than losing your virginity...Wink Virgin means pure ,pure love..uncontaminated..spontaneous...simple, innocent...Sex can be virgin, and celibacy may not be virgin... If a man is celibate and thinks constantly of sex, he is not virgin..bt curiousity killing virginity since adam was a boy... Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBosssamvi.FreshDaisy

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Originally posted by return_to_hades

@The Boss ' I've been curious how come you decided to hang out in Debate Mansion these days. I thought you were planning on disappearing until BB7 or trying to use your other IDs?

I did planned on doing that since I don't follow other serials but then somebody recommended me DM & BW. Checked them out and sure enough it is interesting. Never got to use my other ids as anticipated since the ban-hammer was never dropped.

You should avoid making all your topics so sarcastic and extreme. If you are trying to question the mindset of desis, most people are aware that there is a problem. You don't need sarcasm for it. If you are trying to change the mindsets of desis, you need a more palatable approach people don't take kindly to explanation, the heck they will improve with sarcasm.

TheBosscanuck-umzFreshDaisy

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

You should avoid making all your topics so sarcastic and extreme. If you are trying to question the mindset of desis, most people are aware that there is a problem. You don't need sarcasm for it. If you are trying to change the mindsets of desis, you need a more palatable approach ' people don't take kindly to explanation, the heck they will improve with sarcasm.

Well my problem is that his actual point gets lost in extreme stereotypes that most people kind of laugh off. Maybe this thread is a bit more relevant, because a lot of South Asian men are quite insecure about having sexually experienced female partners, but most of the other threads use really inane stereotypes that can be dismissed by even those who are quite conservative. So in a way it actually enables a lot of f*cked up behaviour.. "well, at least I'm not a jerk who does that, so I must be cool." The self-entitlement of it all irks me.

Sadly I think it's the lack of alternative discussion threads that forces us to actually entertain such so-called satire. It's like being at the grocery store when you're starving. The crappiest of foods start to look appetizing, and you think, why not, I'll get a bag of that processed crap so I can eat it right now and be done with it.

Edited by --arti-- - 08 February 2013 at 9:33am

TheBosscanuck-umzFreshDaisy

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
^^

I think even in this thread the relevant issues get lost in the caricatures. South Asian men are insecure about sexually experienced women. But even that insecurity is not blatant or explicit. It is enacted more subtly. Meaning and messages get lost in extreme caricatures. I don't think sarcasm or extreme stereotyping will get a meaningful discussion on any issue.  

I'm not sure if we are just consuming bad products or hoping to make even poorly packaged and presented products reach their potential.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti--TheBosscanuck-umzFreshDaisy

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Im not looking to change anything, Im just expressing my opinions. If I cared about how my posts will be perceived by others, I would be writing novels or joining some revolution. By now you should all know that my e-reputation means zilch thats why I like to laugh upon myself where I can.

No two minds think alike so take these threads for what it is, there is always some who will agree and some who will disagree with your approach and that is fine; making an effort to fit their spectrum to accommodate others never worked for me.

I guess to each their own. Internet isn't serious business. Smile

FreshDaisy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top