Does one bad deed define you as a bad person?

RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
You hate the current state of this forum? Please come, participate and stop complaining.

So after watching todays episode a thought crossed my mind. Does a bad action define someone? We all have atleast one character in this show who we feel has done something really bad and we have a bad impression of them. Now I know we are all thinking about our current meanie aka Asad. But I just want to rewind a little bit.

1. Shireen. So she obviously was the other woman in Dilshad's life.  And whatever the new "raaz" maybe, Shireen fell in love with Rashid knowing he was married and had a kid. She married him and broke Dilshad's home.  BAD. But looking at Shireen in these past episodes, I feel that she is a good woman. A little off in the head, but nice.  She was loyal to Rashid, she was good to his mother, she raised her children with great values and is sincerely a nice lady.  So is Shireen a bad person for what she did, or was that a bad phase in her life, bad decision making, or her being selfish? And if she was being selfish, does that make her a selfish person, or was that just one selfish act.  Breaking a person's home is a big deal, and it isnt pretty.  But I think that was a phase and it passed.  My personal verdict: She's a rockstar(for now)

As I said, we all have characters we love to hate. So do I.

2. Rashid Ahmed Khan. Personally, I just cant seem to stand his man. So we know that Rashid didnt leave Dilshad just bc he fancied Shireen. There is a raaz. But putting that aside, is Rashid a good guy? Even if we dont talk about the past (considering we dont know the whole truth yet) isn't Rashid current activities shady also?  He sneaks around to try to meet Dilshad and wants to "spend time" with her. How is that fair to Shireen? How is that fair to Dilshad? I just cant stand him. But I could be wrong. What if he really is sorry and just needs to know Dilshad doesn't hate him. Is he just trapped in this situation and needs someone to talk to?  My verdict: I feel bad for the guy but he just needs to get it together and stay away from Dilshad and respect his current wife. 

Now for the current hot topic character

3. Asad Ahmed Khan. So this man has ALOT of faults. Not just now but from the very beginning. And his treatment of Zoya has been beyond horrible. But is he horrible? Does his violent actions and attitude towards Zoya negate his love for his mother and siblings. Is he a good guy from taking care of his family, protecting them (even the ones that one live with him)? Or is he a bad guy for his very back-dated view on women and his violent treatment towards Zoya.  And does this actions towards Zoya define him?  Can a person be a good son/brother and still be a bad guy? Or is this a mistake that Shireen's mistake. One that can not be rectified but overtime can be overlooked if he continues on a better path. Or is this it. Is this even something he is doing on purpose? Is it premeditated? Or impulse? does that even make a different. The action is still the same. My verdict: Horrible deed but I don't think it defines him as a horrible person. (Hopefully, this was his all time low and serves as an eye opener to his views towards women and also that he NEEDS therapy ASAP)

So does one bad deed define us? Or are we something bigger than our individual actions.  What is the deciding factor? Time? Intention? Action?

This is an open topic for everyone to participate.  I just wanted to open this because I think in place kind of needs a few neutral topics that aren't attacking anyone, celebrating anything, adding more negativity, or revolting against anything. So please keep it that way.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOVE your topic! 

I do not think that one deed determines who we are forever...sometimes that might indeed be the case, things like murder or rape... But most people do things that are awful, things that they are ashamed of, etc... Some people do really bad things in one aspect of their life, and in others they might do really good things...people are complex! 

As for the characters you have mentioned...

1. Shireen: I find her pretty annoying. I thought she didn't know that Rashid was married when she began her affair? When she did, she left Rashid and Ayaan (which is inexplicable to me). We don't know why she returned, do we? She might have been tricked into it by Razia & Co...Anyway, I don't think she's a bad person at all. She's just very stupid.

2. Rashid: I think this man is a waste of space. enough said.

3. Asad: I don't think he's out and out evil at all! He has some very serious issues. And I agree he needs therapy! I do think though that he has appallingly little self-awareness. He makes the same mistakes repeatedly. He refuses to listen. There's a pattern to his behavior which is escalating and I find that troubling. 

He does have several very good sides to his character. However I do not think that the good aspects of his character in any way "make up" for his behavior toward Zoya. That was unacceptable. period. It's as you said. His behavior to Zoya doesn't negate his love for his mother and sister. In the same way, his love for his mother and sister doesn't negate his unacceptable behavior to Zoya.

Cheers!

**Added**

It's also true that people who commit horrible crimes - murder, rape - even they have "good sides" to them...but as a society we do judge and sentence them for that one action don't we? We don't take into account that they might be taking care of their sick mother, or that they give to charity...the murder or rape doesn't define everything about them. But those crimes do have consequences and they must pay for them.

Edited by narangi314 - 11 years ago
PS.ILOVEYOU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Ongg looovve u guys for posting this!!! Much needed :)
AsYa_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agree with u!!! Asad is not bad and plus his mom got shot he wasnt thinking right and i dont like the state of the forum right now people should just let it go it happened its now the past bury it and keep it buried dont dig it up again
RandomSquared thumbnail

Originally posted by: narangi314

LOVE your topic! 

I do not think that one deed determines who we are forever...sometimes that might indeed be the case, things like murder or rape... But most people do things that are awful, things that they are ashamed of, etc... Some people do really bad things in one aspect of their life, and in others they might do really good things...people are complex! 

As for the characters you have mentioned...

1. Shireen: I find her pretty annoying. I thought she didn't know that Rashid was married when she began her affair? When she did, she left Rashid and Ayaan (which is inexplicable to me). We don't know why she returned, do we? She might have been tricked into it by Razia & Co...Anyway, I don't think she's a bad person at all. She's just very stupid.

2. Rashid: I think this man is a waste of space. enough said.

3. Asad: I don't think he's out and out evil at all! He has some very serious issues. And I agree he needs therapy! I do think though that he has appallingly little self-awareness. He makes the same mistakes repeatedly. He refuses to listen. There's a pattern to his behavior which is escalating and I find that troubling. He makes the same "mistakes" over and over and over...

He does have several very good sides to his character. However I do not think that the good aspects of his character in any way "make up" for his behavior toward Zoya. That was unacceptable. period. It's as you said. His behavior to Zoya doesn't negate his love for his mother and sister. In the same way, his love for his mother and sister doesn't negate his unacceptable behavior to Zoya.

Cheers!

**Added**

It's also true that people who commit horrible crimes - murder, rape - even they have "good sides" to them...but as a society we do judge and sentence them for that one action don't we? We don't take into account that they might be taking care of their sick mother, or that they give to charity...the murder or rape doesn't define everything about them. But those crimes do have consequences and they must pay for them.

Ohh totally forgot about that fact that Shireen didnt know. Yes again that changed alot bc she also was already married to Rashid. So in that case, is she a bad person for not leaving Rashid for good? I guess it makes it hard to decide with all the "raaz" stuff

Totally agree with Asad and Rashid
RandomSquared thumbnail

Originally posted by: AsYa_fan

Totally agree with u!!! Asad is not bad and plus his mom got shot he wasnt thinking right and i dont like the state of the forum right now people should just let it go it happened its now the past bury it and keep it buried dont dig it up again

Well his mom getting shot, or any circumstance can never justify everything he is doing. and his violent attitude towards Zoya is from before the slap.  But like you said, I dont think it defines him as a bad person
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RandomSquared

Ohh totally forgot about that fact that Shireen didnt know. Yes again that changed alot bc she also was already married to Rashid. So in that case, is she a bad person for not leaving Rashid for good? I guess it makes it hard to decide with all the "raaz" stuff

Totally agree with Asad and Rashid

There's a lot we don't know about that period. I am holding off judgement on Shireen (except that she's really unbelievably dense). 

But I do judge Rashid. And harshly. 

I really wish Dilshaad would move on in her life. If she can forgive Rashid and still love him...that's pretty amazing. I admire her for that. I would never be able to.

eshasrk thumbnail
Shireen: well about her I would say good and bad 50/50. Breaking up someone's home and family is a bad thing to do and love is no excuse at least not in my eyes. On the other hand she raised her kids well but that is a duty of every parent, she is respectful towards her MIL and husband, but I find her annoying !! 

Rashied: the less said abt him the better, he is just a coward who took the easy way out without bothering abt the fam he left behind shattered. Frankly I would love Dilshad to move on with her life

Asad: this guy has serious issues which he needs to address for him self asap. He is a male chauvinist and he should understand that times are changing and tht there is nothing wrong if a woman stands up for hrself. HIs rude behaviour was always there against Zoya ,but he has become abusive lately. He keeps making the same mistakes, never listens and doesn't learn from his mistakes either. He is too judgemental. He is not a bad person, he has bad habits 
Syama_Luna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It doesn't. There are many facets to a person and different situations that will bring out different facets, sometimes even contradicting ones...

Great post!
BlessedSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
this was so needed on this forum. Haters do read it... I am fed up of this so called faaar stretched Slap.. Crap😡... Nice post 👏