Tigmanshu Dhulia would've chosen DP Or Kareena

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Terenaina

IF-Stunnerz

Terenaina

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
Since it's Deepika's day in the forum...I have more topicsLOL

"If it wouldn't be Mahie Gill, it would be Kareena Kapoor Khan or Deepika Padukone for Sahib Biwi aur Gangster": Tigmanshu Dhulia

Offbeat filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia is back with his romantic thriller flick, 'Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster Returns' and this time he feels fortunate to have made the film with a bigger budget than the prequel. And with that he states his choice for the female lead, if it wasn't Mahie Gill. According to him, apart from Mahie, Kareena Kapoor Khan or Deepika Padukone would have fitted the role well.

When probed about what is it about Mahie that made him cast her for the lead role, he confesses, "I didn't have an option. I wanted to make a film with friends without giving them any money and she was the only one I had. If I had to make film 'now' as in start with the prequel, 'Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster', I would have cast Deepika or Kareena."

Tigmanshu, usually referred by his team as 'Tishu Sir' also reveals that the prequel was made in a very low budget which was below 2 crores and still the film rocked at the box-office. This was quite beneficial for both Tigmanshu and Producer Rahul Mittra as they had already let the germ out in the first part that there would be a second part coming soon. The film also stars Jimmy Shergill reprising his role from the first and 2 new entrants Irrfan Khan and Soha Ali Khan.

Edited by Terenaina - 06 February 2013 at 4:13pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tigmanshu Dhulia would've chosen DP Or Kareena" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lovanika

IF-Rockerz

lovanika

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Wow, it is a very huge compliment for Deepika and also Kareena ( well she has proved her acting skills time over so I guess not a very huge compliment for her...Wink)

I would love to see Deepika in these kind of roles..challenging roles...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MoodyFoodie

Gauahargeous_N

IF-Sizzlerz

Gauahargeous_N

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
neither can match Mahie in acting! not even close...

ps. very irresponsible statement from Tigmanshu! Mahie was the only one willing to work with him and for free but now cast Kareena or Deepika?! ungrateful! 

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 06 February 2013 at 4:32pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxxKkkkkingKhan

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
This is odd...
the original interview with Tigamanshu was conducted by BollywoodLife.
But he only mentions Kareena here.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/tigmanshu-dhulia-if-i-made-saheb-biwi-aur-gangster-today-i-would-cast-kareena-kapoor/

This was the topic.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3424959

PhoenixRising

IF-Stunnerz

PhoenixRising

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
Mahie was perfect for that role though. I can't picture Deepika or Kareena in that role because Mahie was fabulous. 

Edited by Midnightsorrow - 06 February 2013 at 5:19pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top