Tamil Other Serials

Mahabharatham - Story & discussion!!DT note on pg-7 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Actually Ratna, I like the serial. The sets are grand and they had taken so much effort with the costumes. 

What else can you expect from a director like Suresh Krssna?

I feel 1 hour is too long though. Sleepy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_oceanVani19

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahabharatham - Story & discussion!!DT note on pg-7 (Page 4)" in Tamil Other Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 12:48am | IP Logged
EPISODE 18

Kamsa is restless. He is pondering over Narada's question. Narada had given him an eight-petal lotus and asked him to pick which is the first and which is the eighth. Kamsa is unable to do so. Suddenly a bat comes in front of him and taunts and asks him when he is going to come and see him. Kamsa, enraged, jumps on his horse and follows the bat.

He ends up in a cave of bats and then sees a dark, evil looking old man (EOM) sitting on a throne. The EOM taunts Kamsa again, that he is going to die at the hands of the eighth child of Devaki. Kamsa gets angry and asks him what is the game he is playing at? EOM says he is not playing a game, he is the only soul in the whole world that is concerned over Kamsa, which is why he warned Kamsa against his death. He asks Kamsa whether he knows his heritage. Kamsa says he is a Yadava to which the EOM cackles. Flashback: Padmavati, Ugrasena's queen, goes to the river for her bath. The EOM (at that time EYM) takes a fancy to P, transforms himself into King Ugrasena and has his evil way with her. Then he reveals himself. Horrified, P curses the foetus, saying that it would be killed by the eighth son of her daughter. EYM disappears. The real King Ugrasena comes and P tells him what happened. Ugrasena consoles his wife (aww) and takes her away. Flashback ends. (In the actual Mahabharata, the man who seduces Padmavati disguised as Ugrasena was a gandharva. Kamsa was a demon in his previous life also). Flashback ends.

EOM tells Kamsa that he is an asura and he must do everything to stop his death. So Kamsa rides to Devaki's house and sees the couple - Vasudeva and Devaki - playing with their son. He gives her a lotus and asks her the same question Narada did  - could she say for sure which is the first petal and which is the eighth petal? Naturally she can't and he takes the baby away. Cry Meanwhile Devaki and Vasudeva are arrested and imprisoned.

Narada wants to pay homage to Vishnu and both Lakshmi and Bhoomidevi are angry with him for making Kamsa change his mind. Vishnu tells them that the babies who are killed are deiva children and will return to heaven and they need to die if he is to be reincarnated as the eighth child of D and V. Both Goddesses are mollified.

Back in Hastinapura, Pandu returns with much pomp and pageantry after successfully conquering kingdoms. Dhri is not happy and Sakuni encourages that. Satyavati says that Vidura must be married and Vidura says he has a girl in mind. Satyavati then promotes his mother, Suvai, the maid to a status equal to that of the royal family. Suvai is emotional and cries. Satyavati meanwhile is very worried about Dhr's reaction to Pandu's pending coronation.

Episode closes with Sakuni planning to kick Pandu out of Hastinapura. Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_oceanVani19nithyamkv

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 5:00am | IP Logged
have to agree one hour is way long lolz. Thanks for the updates.

Looks like saguni is all in action now. Waiting to see whats going to happen next week.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Karthikka

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Yeah, Ratna, difficult to keep track. I was typing this on my mobile as I was watching (reminded me of a very good friend who used to do 14 updates a day whilst watching the serials. Yes, she had so much free time... LOL)  and I lost it...grrr...but luckily I have a fairly good memory.

Sakuni is the main cause of the war but there is a school of thought that he was actually aiming for the destruction of the Kauravas. Duryodhana had imprisoned his family and he plotted to take revenge. Apparently his sole motive was to pretend to support the Kauravas in their devious games and incur the wrath of the Pandavas, and by doing so, would force the Pandavas to destroy the Kauravas. Interesting theory.

Well, let' s  see.

hopper_oceanVani19

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
I know which friend you are talking abou LOL Lolz

This serial is way different from the daily crying ones we see. I wish we have more of this kind of story. Tamil serials normally i LISTEN not watch during my working hours LOL English ones i watch them at home.  You seem to remember the character names well. I am kind of weak in tamil history lolz. This kind of serial is good for new generations as to keep them on track of our old histories.

KarthikkaVani19

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:26am | IP Logged
I love reading and I love knowing about our culture. When we were growing up, we were so crazy over Amar Chitra Katha books. At that time there was a bookshop in Brickfields and we will pester our mum to get the books which were in comic form. Then I introduced my brothers to them and now my nephews are reading them.

Thank God for Internet and Google. LOL

Hahaha, you know my kirukku friend, do you? Ah, those were the fantastic days of IF. Big smile

hopper_oceanVani19

Vani19

IF-Rockerz

Vani19

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
I know who is the friend too...heheheh...I just started to read the updates... konjam confusion but let me watch then comment. So far lovely updates Karthi Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_ocean

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Hi Vani Welcome Big smile yeah kind of hard to understanding especially for people like me who have zero knowledge in tamil history. This really helps. Kind of hard to watch the entire one hour episode but with the updates it does help.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top