Arjun-Rathod OS: Choti Choti Si Baat

IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm a silent member of this forum. (And a huge Rathod fan😆) But the recent pics of Arjun-Rathod made me write this OS. Hope you like it!!

---------------------------

Sameer Dhamsingh Rathod was not a very happy man nowadays.

As the Deputy Comissioner of Police of North Zone, Mumbai, it was a constant challenge for him to juggle political pressure, underworld threats and orders from his superiors, while carrying out his duties satisfactorily enough to make the citizens in his division happy. He had been eyeing the Additional Comissioner of Police Post for quiet a while. Unfortunately, his 'clean' reputation was posing to be a problem, as politicians always wanted a man who would take their orders without any questions.

And then there was Arjun Rawte. His former best friend.

Rawte was everything Sameer wasn't. He was a rebel, he was rude, he was unconventional,and in some ways, he was a better investigator. If he hadn't been such a black sheep, he could have risen to a very high position in the Crime Branch by now. But his penchant for being outspoken had rubbed a lot of shoulders in the wrong way.

Rawte had been outspoken earlier too. It's just that, earlier he had known how to control it.
--------------
Mr. Rawte, would you mind explaining what exactly were you and Mr. Rathod doing outside the hostel long after lights-out?, the Warden asked both of them sternly.

"Sir, we..we didn't see the time," Rathod had said meekly.

"Why are you lying Sameer?" Arjun admonished. "Let's be honest."

Sameer gulped. Was Rawte really going to tell the Warden that they had been collecting evidence to expose the local MLA's son's role in a murder case?

"Actually, Sameer had gone to visit his girlfriend," Arjun said meekly. Rathod was stunned. Girlfriend?? What was he talking about?

"Girlfriend?" the Warden asked in disbelief. It was a known fact that from among the two, it was Arjun who was the ladies' favourite.

"Yes," Arjun said seriously, "And I accompanied him for moral support.You know how shy Sameer is."

Sameer wanted a black hole to swallow him up forever. The Warden stared incredulously and then burst out into chuckles. "Girlfriend!" he roared. "You'll remind me of my own days!" Arjun winked at Sameer, who gave him a filthy look.

"Off you too," he said reverting to his stern manner,"And mind you, if you'll do this again, I will have to kick you out, okay?"

"Rawte?" Sameer hissed, "What were you thinking?"

"Our Warden is a fun-loving guy. I've heard stories of his exploits," Arjun dismissively.

"Don't you dare pull a stunt on me like that again okay?" Sameer said, hitting his friend.

"Okay, I won't," Arjun grumbled, rubbing his shoulder.
---------------

Sameer sighed. That had been a different time, a different Rawte.
--------

"Hey, Sam, why so glum?" Arjun had asked.

"Nothing," Rathod had said sullenly, staring at his shoes.

Arjun frowned. "They've been bullying you again haven't they?" Rathod cringed.

"I wish they'd stop calling me Champu. I know what everyone thinks about me. That I'm from a privileged background, that I don't know how to do anything by myself that I'll never be able to make it because I have no idea how to butter up influential people, how to-what is that term you'll use-maska our seniors..."

"Rathod, you may have a lot of money, but you're the most independent guy I've ever seen okay? You don't drink, smoke or do drugs. You don't break any rules. You're every parents' dream you know that? Unlike me," Arjun grinned.

"That's not true," Rathod rued. "If Dad ever found out about my car-racing, he'll kill me."

"You kidding me? The Great Dhamsingh Rathod would be proud that his son chose a sport worthy of the family lineage. Full of thrill, adventure, just like your grandfather did during the days of the Freedom Struggle," Arjun said, imitating Rathod's father's gravelly voice.

"Hey, don't tease my father," Rathod said warningly. But then, unable to resist himself, he cleared his throat and bellowed out, "IPS is rubbish my boy! You were born to be a Major in the Indian army!" On hearing this, everybody in the vicnity jumped, and both of burst out laughing.
-----------

Arjun actually used to laugh.But when Roshni came, that laughter went away. It was replaced by lovesickness...
---

"Hey Sam, can I borrow your motorcycle?"

"Whatever for?" Rathod asked suspiciously. "Wait a minute, you're not going on a date are you?"

Arjun ruffled his hair sheepishly.

"So the great Arjun Rawte is in luuurveee  with a gurrlll huh?" Rathod mocked.

Arjun slapped at him. "Her name is Roshni, and I'm not in love with her. We haven't even kissed yet."

"Oohhh..look at Arjun, the blushing bride," Rathod teased. Arjun made a face. "Are you giving me your bike or not?"

"Fine. But my bike's my wife okay? Have fun with bhabhiji,but I swear to god, if my bike gets hurt, I'll-"

"She's not your bhabhi yet! And chill, I'll handle your bike with utmost care."
------------

And then Roshni had been killed. He and Rawte had been in Pune then.
------

"Rathod, I need to go, I need to go-"

"It's two in the night, nobody's there to take us-"

"Rathod, it's my wife, damnit! She needs me! The floor must be so cold..."

"She's dead Rawte, there's nothing you can do-"

"I know she's dead," Arjun said slowly, an empty look in his eyes. "What I'm saying is, that the floor must be so cold. She's lying over there, and they're clicking photos and taking evidence, but nobody cares about how lonely she must be feeling. I need to go there and hold her Rathod. Please."

Rathod looked at his friend in confusion. He'd expected Arjun to cry, to throw things around, to shout. But Arjun looked like a helpless little child. He kept repeating the same thing,"She must be so cold. I need to keep her warm."
---------

This was exactly the reason why Rathod had never married. Because he knew the dangers associated with the job. He knew the long hours it required, the pressure it put on you.

He'd seen Rawte's guilt. He'd spent every minute after Roshni's death obsessing on how he could have been a better husband, spent more time with her. All those moments when she'd complained that he was going away from her, and he'd placated her-they haunted him till date. And Rathod had decided never to put himself-and any woman-through that kind of pain.

But even though he'd adjusted to life without a spouse, he still felt a longing for his best friend. The one who'd stood up for him when everybody else called him a 'privileged brat'. The one who'd accompanied him on bike rides, to the chaat-wala, who'd discussed girls and video games and world politics, often in the same conversation.

And he knew Arjun missed him too. Or else why would he have called him 'Sam?' after so many years.

Just for a moment, Rathod forgot everything. The competition for the post of Adl CP, the cases, the media reports, Roshni, Sikander. Back to the beginning, when they'd first met.

Arjun Rawte.

Sameer Rathod.

You know what, your hairstyle sucks.

What?

You're a real Champu, you know that?

And the nickname had stuck. Rathod had never forgiven him for it. But they'd become best friends anyway.

Najaane kyun,
hota hai yeh zindagi ke saath
achanak yeh mann
kisi ke jaane ke baad
kare phir uski baad,
Choti choti si baat...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Payal_156 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Welcum to d forum..
grt os!!
loved it..
amazing..!
BDCTG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Waao...just waaoo...! Your writing styl is really very nice. Very exceptional...you should write regularly. Agar aap jaisa itni achchi writers 'silent reader' bankar reh jaye...to mujh jaisa readers ka kya hoga? Kyun ki mujhe to ullo ki tarha sirf 'aaa' karke read karna hi aati hai...lol! Plz...write some os on ArIya plzzz!
-Panda- thumbnail
Wowww!!!
Loved it sooo much😳
The friendship,the bonding...So well portrayed 👏
"I know she's dead," Arjun said slowly, an empty look in his eyes. "What I'm saying is, that the floor must be so cold. She's lying over there, and they're clicking photos and taking evidence, but nobody cares about how lonely she must be feeling. I need to go there and hold her Rathod. Please."
These lines gave me goosebumps😒
Awesome👏
Edited by lola123 - 11 years ago
Anika_PreRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely one.
Literally,mujhe goosebumps aarahe hai.
Very beautifully portrayed.
Hats off to u.
Made me remember of my childhood school friends.
DivineDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
WOW man cool... Amazing OS... beautifully written... loved it...
ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You left me speechless...

simply speechless...

This is simply AMAZINGGG...

wow...sooo many good memories wrapped in an OS...

goosebumps... kaise soch li aap... ??!!! bohot hi achchha laga mujhe...

HATS OFF
awesomee... once again...

aww Rathore...

who the hell called My Sameer champu..???!!!! He is the most dashing person...  😃 
Samaira32 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
 Hats Offf... 

Amazing.. . Laugh and felt sad when Roshni died...

Do write more... 
MRD1692020 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Welcome to the Forum.

And this is your 1st OS , i can't beleive it

U r awesme writer..

Plz write mre...
JeeLeZaraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Omg... It was awesome! I loved it! :D u are an awesome writer. You displayed all the emotions very well :) Welcome to Arjun forum :)