Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

payal7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
He has told her from day one that once he accepted she was dead,  he moved on and he has nothing to offer her.

As a woman I have sympathy for Reva. No woman would want to see/hear that her husband loves/wants to be with someone else. So I can understand her 3 attempts at trying to win him back (romance, mock suicide and then seduction) but each time he made it clear he is not interested.

Even if we ignore what TVS, Dhanuma and Jiji have all said about their relationship, her behaviour, (pretending to suffer from mental illness, physical violence when she did not get her way, her willingness to make a deal to secure her position whether it was by having a baby or not being divorced, purposefully giving bad advice to Kuhu, hiding a drunk DV, Catching Kuhu at the temple so that no one would guess that there was a problem, drugging Sugni so that she would not be able to stop Kuhu's wedding, not doing anything about TJS's behaviour when he was being a peeping tom,taking Champa who has already been raped twice to TJS with no remorse, trying to kill her husband and indeed watching him get stabbed to secure her future position with no remorse) suggests that her personality is such that she only ever does anything if its in her interest. I can make allowances for her actions, excluding the killing bit, in respect of TVS but as a woman what she has done to Kuhu who she presumably saw growing up infront of her as they were together for 8 years before her supposed death and Champa is just plain wrong. Also if you want to win your husband you are not going to do it by destroying his sister's life or siding with his enemy especially when he was trying to do the right thing by Champa.

So yesterday's scene IMHO was not soo much regret that she had not managed to win her husband but more annoyance/anger at her fate that she had not managed to win her husband and had been outsmarted by Suman. Because in the very next breath she says times change and I only need one opportunity and I will teach Suman a lesson. ie. its all about Reva, everyone else can go take a running jump.

Also she is young, beautiful, highly educated in the best collages in Delhi, from a wealthy Thakur family so why would she stick around in this backwater and be humiliated rather than walk away back to city, make a new life for herself and show TVS that she does not need him and what he lost.
Edited by payal7 - 11 years ago
JulieD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well explained Vinnie, Ronit and Payal. There is just no way the CVs can portray Reva as a neglected wife trying to win her husband's love anymore.

Before she came on the show, she was a bad wife according to the other characters and then the things she has done since coming on are all very bad. No sympathy for her at all.

The CVs have once again missed the ship and it's too late to make Reva a neglected wife. The best they can do is get rid off her by divorce and remarriage or death. That would be best for that particular character as she truly serves no purpose on the show except to be the pathway blocker in a TVS/Chulbuli marriage.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I didn't read all of this topic, but I saw Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster mentioned.  Reva is not like the heroine in the film.  It was shown the reverse, actually.  In the film the husband was a drunkard, womanizer among other things.  Vikram was always said to be a good husband despite his wife's horrible nature.  That is, till her death and till he fell in love with Sugni.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
All said and done, I have a soft corner for a woman when her husband starts to have an extra marital affair.There maybe umpteen reasons to justify but ultimately it shows the power a man has over a wife. He should have atleast divorced his first wife. Then even Sugni would have agreed to marry him.

TVS told lies to get Sugni and that made his character a bit dheela.

Reva is supposed to be mentally sick. How she became so mentally fit without any relapse? Why it was assumed that she was dead while she was receiving the treatment? Who was responsible for all this drama? Is it her wayward brother?

I want to know more about Reva so that I can understand TVS more.
ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
All said and done, I have a soft corner for a woman when her husband starts to have an extra marital affair.There maybe umpteen reasons to justify but ultimately it shows the power a man has over a wife. He should have atleast divorced his first wife. Then even Sugni would have agreed to marry him.

Well For him she was dead and he was a widow.. he left delhi after 1 yr of being alone as a widow. he met sugni fall in love that time his sister offered him that she will find nice thakurain to marry him but he refused to that offer because he said once he married one girl of his sister choice and live hell ...yes he was wrong that when he found out his wife is alive he hide that thing from Sugni and wanted to marry without getting a divorce, well after knowing that true sugni didnt want to marry him because he was married, he offered to divorce his wife but Sugni doesnt blv in divorce and didnt want to be home breaker so she decided to say no to that divorce and she tore that paper.

TVS told lies to get Sugni and that made his character a bit dheela.

yes he lied and we understand the reasons .. that time we too said vikram tell her but when he tried to tell her she said she will kill her self that's why he kept that to him self knowing she wont accept it ... sugni her self married with lie and ego with aditiya .

Reva is supposed to be mentally sick. How she became so mentally fit without any relapse? Why it was assumed that she was dead while she was receiving the treatment? Who was responsible for all this drama? Is it her wayward brother?
she never was sick.. after the accident she was alive living some where and when she found out that vikram is going to marry she came back and faked her madness. it was a her drama .. she never been mad or crazy she sow her place is going to be taken bu sugni then she came back ... Reva is smart she planes every thing and her bro was a suport for her

I want to know more about Reva so that I can understand TVS more.
Edited by ronshaan - 11 years ago
payal7 thumbnail
She was not assumed to be dead while she was receiving treatment.

Apparantly TVS and Reva were involved in an accident when she had insisted on driving.. TVS was thrown from jeep and was rendered unconcious. The jeep overturned and caught fire with Reva in it. So both Reva and the Jeep parished.

WhenTVS came around he was told that Reva had died. He spent months looking for her because he could not believe she had died but could not find her so finally accepted that she was dead.

He then made the decision to come back to mawari live a peaceful life.

So when he met and fell in love with Sugni he was a widower and therefore free to enter into that relationship. He has said to Dhanum and Gulabiya that had he an inkling that Reva was alive he would have never have looked Sugni but by the time he found out his relationship with Sugni was too far advanced and there was no way he could turn back. He had moved on.

There was no extra marital affair in the normal sense of those words.

All TVS fans are agreed that hiding the fact that somehow Reva was back just before he and Sugni were due to get married was wrong and fundamental mistake on his part. Why divorce was not an option before the wedding if it was afterwards is one of the inconsistancies of the CVs.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Originally posted by: payal7

She was not assumed to be dead while she was receiving treatment.

Apparantly TVS and Reva were involved in an accident when she had insisted on driving.. TVS was thrown from jeep and was rendered unconcious. The jeep overturned and caught fire with Reva in it. So both Reva and the Jeep parished.

WhenTVS came around he was told that Reva had died. He spent months looking for her because he could not believe she had died but could not find her so finally accepted that she was dead.

He then made the decision to come back to mawari live a peaceful life.

So when he met and fell in love with Sugni he was a widower and therefore free to enter into that relationship. He has said to Dhanum and Gulabiya that had he an inkling that Reva was alive he would have never have looked Sugni but by the time he found out his relationship with Sugni was too far advanced and there was no way he could turn back. He had moved on.

There was no extra marital affair in the normal sense of those words.

All TVS fans are agreed that hiding the fact that somehow Reva was back just before he and Sugni were due to get married was wrong and fundamental mistake on his part. Why divorce was not an option before the wedding if it was afterwards is one of the inconsistancies of the CVs.

Thanks for explaining lucidly.
He has said to Dhanum and Gulabiya that had he an inkling that Reva was alive he would have never have looked Sugni but by the time he found out his relationship with Sugni was too far advanced and there was no way he could turn back. He had moved on.
That means he was not averse to Reva but because he met Sugni, he changed. Well, it is called fate. I think due to that accident, she might have become insane for some time.

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

Thanks for explaining lucidly.
He has said to Dhanum and Gulabiya that had he an inkling that Reva was alive he would have never have looked Sugni but by the time he found out his relationship with Sugni was too far advanced and there was no way he could turn back. He had moved on.
That means he was not averse to Reva but because he met Sugni, he changed. Well, it is called fate. I think due to that accident, she might have become insane for some time.

She never was insane 
She was normal but came back when dhanumaa told her about vikrams marriage
Edited by ronshaan - 11 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Originally posted by: ronshaan

She never wad insane 
She was normal but came back when dhanumaa told her about vikrams marriage

Now the picture has become clearer.
payal7 thumbnail
Precisely leavesand waves

Fate has played a very cruel trick on all 3 of them. Reva in terms of losing her husband. TVS and Sugni in terms of Reva becoming the reason for them not being together.

He has said that he was never happy in his relationship with Reva but accepted it as his fate (since they were married) and made the best of it.

He also said that the depth of his feelings for Sugni changed his perspective and his views and made him realise that while what he had with Reva was right what he has with Sugni is something very special. Indeed you can see the depth of their feelings for each other whether it is love or hate.

The issue I have always had with everyone saying go back to your wife is that its not possible to switch off your emotions. He had emotionally moved on when he believed he was free to do so. Would anyone give up being happy and spending their life with someone they love and who loves them absolutely to go back to a person who they were not happy with in the first place? I dont belive so.

His mistake was not being honest with Sugni at the time for which he has paid the ultimate price of losing her. But that does not mean he is willing to go back to Reva. I think his view is if he cannot be with Sugni (he walked away from her when she forced him to at a gun point) then he would rather be alone than go back to Reva.