Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics! (Page 7)

Aalia_A Senior Member
Aalia_A
Aalia_A

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi314

Originally posted by Aalia_A

Someone mentioned the Nirbhaya rape case here. I shudder to my core whenever I think of that. I am too following the case closely and hope those savages get the book thrown at them. And then some. Anyways, I remember reading some article where QH makers said they wanted to show women-empowering messages through the show especially in light of the heinous crime that had occured. Well that intention did not last long. I feel like shouting hypocrities at them now, saying and doing anything just to get viewers to the show, and worse seeking mileage from a too-brutal-for-words tragedy Dead

Man! Exploiting that tragedy for profit! It beggars belief! It is a cynical profit making business and it's clear that they really don't care empowering women. And we fell for it!

Mariam is saved from having to be marry her rapist, but Zoya must be subject to physical and verbal abuse...ek haath se dete hain aur doosre se cheen lete hain! Wah!

You know QH is my first ever Indian telly show and I was in for one hell of a rude shock. I watched it expecting something positive, empowering and normal to do with Muslim families but the abuse and atrocities thrown at Zoya so early in the show really put me off it. My heart went out to her, because like her I am a educated Muslim girl, born and brought up in a Muslim country. And Muslim families are nowhere like the ones depicted in this show. Then thanks to the wonderful like-minded people in the forum I got to know that what was being shown is what 4Lions do best. Still, I was ready to tolerate it, for the sake of it is a show that I probably will not be watching too long. But that slap yesterday. The brutality of its deliverance and the blase attitude and endorsement of the majority of the forum towards the unwarranted action made me decide that this is enough. I'm going to register my views regardless of whether people wanna hear them or not. I may not be in this forum for long but for the time I'm here, I will make sure I make it count. 

Edit: Oops, I am born and brought up in a Western country, NZ Embarrassed

Edited by Aalia_A - 05 February 2013 at 10:09pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmikniharika111adeeti10whatthewhat

adeeti10 Goldie
adeeti10
adeeti10

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rupunzale

Guys...who else is here...Aalia...Laila...princess...anyone else? I am calling it nights...please pm me if you guys open a thread so we can start discussing...I think we need a personal thread where we can all discuss our thoughts...I will try to open one tomorrow as soon as I read the updates or get a chance to watch it. 

Count me in! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_ALaila2009

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

You know QH is my first ever Indian telly show and I was in for one hell of a rude shock. I watched it expecting something positive, empowering and normal to do with Muslim families but the abuse and atrocities thrown at Zoya so early in the show really put me off it. My heart went out to her, because like her I am a educated Muslim girl, born and brought up in a Muslim country. And Muslim families are nowhere like the ones depicted in this show. Then thanks to the wonderful like-minded people in the forum I got to know that what was being shown is what 4Lions do best. Still, I was ready to tolerate it, for the sake of it is a show that I probably will not be watching too long. But that slap yesterday. The brutality of its deliverance and the blase attitude and endorsement of the majority of the forum towards the unwarranted action made me decide that this is enough. I'm going to register my views regardless of whether people wanna hear them or not. I may not be in this forum for long but for the time I'm here, I will make sure I make it count. 

@red:

You know I've been cynical about the Muslim background from the beginning. From what I've watched of the show, all they have done is to show that Muslim TV families are just like all the other (Hindu) TV families - dysfunctional, full of intrigue and scheming and plotting, victimized women, spineless men...the only difference is that here they say allah hafiz and in other shows they say Jai Shree Krishna...big difference...

For those who need to be told that we are really no different  - I guess that's better than nothing!

Pardon my cynicism...

@blue: You go girl! Clap

Edited by narangi314 - 05 February 2013 at 10:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

niharika111Aalia_Amahalaxmik...Tanu...

adeeti10 Goldie
adeeti10
adeeti10

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rvarier

The slap was totally unjustified and should never have been shown on TV.

The only time violence is justified is for self-defence. I feel that slaps are shown very easily in television and violence is shown to build sexual tension. Abusive scenes are shown to demonstrate sexual chemistry which is absolutely not acceptable,

The slap was wrong, but even now Asad does not  show any remorse for his action. He will show it when he realizes that Zoya was not responsible for his mother's injury.

Can we justify violence becox someone is angry or upset? Then the same goes for Mariam's family, who believed that Zoya was responsible and they are angry and they tried to harm her.

Hey there, join the minority club!

I completely get you. The sad part is pretty much everyone else thinks he was justified. Probably cos its Asad. Like someone said, if anyone else had raised a hand on Zoya, people would have screamed hoarse about violence! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_ALaila2009...Tanu...

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

The problem with the definition of domestic violence that many people are having just shows how ignorant people are of the law. There doesn't have to be a romantic (!) or marital or familial relationship between the abuser and the abused. That's what the PWDVA act of 2005 did - expand the scope! "Domestic" means having a shared household! 

Anyway, did you see the Sataymev Jayate episode on domestic violence? It was the second episode I think. It's worth watching to get a sense of how pervasive and casual it is and how it cuts across all communities and socio-economic groups. 

Excellent points. I cannot imagine the endless number of posts from people who tried to educate us on what was domestic violence and what it meant. Despite repeated attempts to explain ti does not have to a be marriage - it simply includes people in the same household - they did not get it. 

A key point on the Sataymev Jayate episode was a man who believed that he was only a man if he bullied and beat his wife.  I wish that we could explain and educate to people that a man is not  man when he belittles or hits a woman - it is not sexy, masculine or a turn on. Asad actually looks worse as a result of this act. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

niharika111Aalia_AS.Stephywhatthewhatssroomani...Tanu...

Aalia_A Senior Member
Aalia_A
Aalia_A

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

@red:

You know I've been cynical about the Muslim background from the beginning. From what I've watched of the show, all they have done is to show that Muslim TV families are just like all the other (Hindu) TV families - dysfunctional, full of intrigue and scheming and plotting, victimized women, spineless men...the only difference is that here they say allah hafiz and in other shows they say Jai Shree Krishna...big difference...

Pardon my cynicism...

@blue: You go girl! Clap

Yeah I was very naive. But then I was new to the twisted and cheap ways of Indian telly Dead And no you are not cynical at all, you speak the truth. Salaam kehne se aur chaar lafz urdu ke bolne se koi show Muslim nahi hota. After soo long they showed Zoya praying... QH should have at least one namaz scene a week for it to count as a Muslim show. 

And credit should really go to wonderful and inspiring people such as Priyanka, Laila, AshRun and others who dare to make posts that ask the hard questions. If what is shown and glorified does not feel right in our conscience the least we can do is support them. That is what I'm doing. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatLaila2009...Tanu...

Aalia_A Senior Member
Aalia_A
Aalia_A

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

The problem with the definition of domestic violence that many people are having just shows how ignorant people are of the law. There doesn't have to be a romantic (!) or marital or familial relationship between the abuser and the abused. That's what the PWDVA act of 2005 did - expand the scope! "Domestic" means having a shared household! 

Anyway, did you see the Sataymev Jayate episode on domestic violence? It was the second episode I think. It's worth watching to get a sense of how pervasive and casual it is and how it cuts across all communities and socio-economic groups. 

Excellent points. I cannot imagine the endless number of posts from people who tried to educate us on what was domestic violence and what it meant. Despite repeated attempts to explain ti does not have to a be marriage - it simply includes people in the same household - they did not get it. 

A key point on the Sataymev Jayate episode was a man who believed that he was only a man if he bullied and beat his wife.  I wish that we could explain and educate to people that a man is not  man when he belittles or hits a woman - it is not sexy, masculine or a turn on. Asad actually looks worse as a result of this act. 

This reminds me of something we used to learn and chant in pre-school and grade one - Real Men Don't Hit Women. Ergo, as a result of my childhood lessons, I can now concur that Asad is no longer a Real Man. Let alone a masculine one LOL *ducks*

mahalaxmikniharika111

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged

I'm honestly surprised that many threads which had the most insightful and civilized discussions going on were closed Confused Anyways I'm making it a point to report every pro-slap and drooling-over-the-hotness-of the-slap threads because they should not be open either. It thoroughly escapes me why we cannot have a mature critical discussion on this forum Thumbs Down

I am so at a loss at those threads especially one that even suggested that Zoya looked like she liked the slap and smiled. I do not know what this person was thinking - to think this came from a woman. DeadOuch

niharika111Aalia_A

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index