Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics! (Page 6)

princessonline IF-Dazzler
princessonline
princessonline

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi314

Originally posted by Aalia_A

During the course of my hitting-the-report-button spree, I came across a million drooling posts on Asad. This considering that he already has an AT. And none of those threads get closed. Are they not cluttering the forum? Ermm

I LOVE you for this! Hug 

You know as much as I am disheartened by the casual way many took the slap, the "justifications", even the laughter (Confused) and the drooling (Dead)...I am SO heartened that I have also met people like you and Laila and Priyanka and many many more! It gives me hope!

I agree after going through countless posts in support of Asad I am glad that there a sane post in this forum to discuss the slap!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Aadeeti10whatthewhatRupunzaleLaila2009...Tanu...

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged

Someone mentioned the Nirbhaya rape case here. I shudder to my core whenever I think of that. I am too following the case closely and hope those savages get the book thrown at them. And then some. Anyways, I remember reading some article where QH makers said they wanted to show women-empowering messages through the show especially in light of the heinous crime that had occured. Well that intention did not last long. I feel like shouting hypocrities at them now, saying and doing anything just to get viewers to the show, and worse seeking mileage from a too-brutal-for-words tragedy Dead
hi Aalia...I think I was discussing the matter with Mira...it just leaves me numb...Ms khan is dilutional... In one of her interviews she mentioned that she wanted to clear the misconception about Muslim culture... But unfortunately she is showing every wrong message possible.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Aadeeti10Laila2009...Tanu...

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by Rupunzale

We as women have a voice and in majority cases the voice is heard...so Ms Khan...you portraying as a woman who didn't stand up against domestic violence is not acceptable.

Rupunzale: I agree with you - this is completely unacceptable - to portray Zoya has someone who will not stand up or speak out against it mortifies me. 
i am Priyanka Laila...I posted on the FB page...let me know what else I can do to spread the voice...and yes I am literally shocked after watching the SBS clips...she has stayed back in the house and seemed like have forgiven him...I am waiting for the actual epi to air before I comment...but i am simply not liking this...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmikAalia_Aadeeti10Laila2009...Tanu...

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Laila2009

We as women have a voice and in majority cases the voice is heard...so Ms Khan...you portraying as a woman who didn't stand up against domestic violence is not acceptable.

Rupunzale: I agree with you - this is completely unacceptable - to portray Zoya has someone who will not stand up or speak out against it mortifies me. 

Also this goes against Zoya's character. She is a modern, educated girl, from the States. I can a teeny tiny bit still relate to Zoya, and if I was at her place, I would have worked out of the Khan house and laid a police complaint against the brute who had no right to lay his hand on me Angry Zoya should speak out or else this further butchers her character. 
I would have done the same thing...walked out and then reported him...I just don't want them to ruin Zoya's character...she was so unique.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Aadeeti10

Rupunzale IF-Dazzler
Rupunzale
Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Guys...who else is here...Aalia...Laila...princess...anyone else? I am calling it nights...please pm me if you guys open a thread so we can start discussing...I think we need a personal thread where we can all discuss our thoughts...I will try to open one tomorrow as soon as I read the updates or get a chance to watch it. 

Edited by Rupunzale - 05 February 2013 at 9:46pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Aadeeti10whatthewhat

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged

Someone mentioned the Nirbhaya rape case here. I shudder to my core whenever I think of that. I am too following the case closely and hope those savages get the book thrown at them. And then some. Anyways, I remember reading some article where QH makers said they wanted to show women-empowering messages through the show especially in light of the heinous crime that had occured. Well that intention did not last long. I feel like shouting hypocrities at them now, saying and doing anything just to get viewers to the show, and worse seeking mileage from a too-brutal-for-words tragedy Dead

Man! Exploiting that tragedy for profit! It beggars belief! It is a cynical profit making business and it's clear that they really don't care empowering women. And we fell for it!

Mariam is saved from having to marry her rapist, but Zoya must be subject to physical and verbal abuse...ek haath se dete hain aur doosre se cheen lete hain! Wah!

Edited by narangi314 - 05 February 2013 at 9:57pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Aadeeti10Laila2009...Tanu...

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Guys...who else is here...Aalia...Laila...princess...anyone else? I am calling it nights...please pm me if you guys open a thread so we can start discussing...I think we need a personal thread where we can all discuss our thoughts...I will try to open one tomorrow as soon as I read the updates or get a chance to watch it. 

Would LOVE to join! Count me in!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_A

rvarier Senior Member
rvarier
rvarier

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

The slap was totally unjustified and should never have been shown on TV.

The only time violence is justified is for self-defence. I feel that slaps are shown very easily in television and violence is shown to build sexual tension. Abusive scenes are shown to demonstrate sexual chemistry which is absolutely not acceptable,

The slap was wrong, but even now Asad does not  show any remorse for his action. He will show it when he realizes that Zoya was not responsible for his mother's injury.

Can we justify violence becox someone is angry or upset? Then the same goes for Mariam's family, who believed that Zoya was responsible and they are angry and they tried to harm her.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmikAalia_Aadeeti10Laila2009ssroomani...Tanu...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index