Qubool Hai

Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 56

Rupunzale

IF-Dazzler

Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi314

Priyanka,

To your point about people not considering slapping to be violence. 

Slapping is unfortunately SO common in Indian cinema and on TV shows. It is an expression of power. It is used to humiliate, put in place, to assert authority...Parents often slap their grown children (!)...and this is considered okay.

In reality, Corporal punishment is pretty common place in families and schools, but I'm happy to report that this is also changing in India, but far more slowly ... people actually find it hard to accept that a few slaps even in the name of disciple is not okay... we still have the victorian attitude of "spare the rod and spoil the child"...

All goes to show why people wold not consider a slap a big deal...sadly.

I must say that its got me thinking how casual and common place violence has become...for us not to even consider it violence!
Mira...reading what you wrote about parents and schools has got me thinking why violence has become so casual in India. In USA children are aware of what is right and wrong from a very young agae...here spanking a child is considered as child abuse and so there are consequences for every action...children are taken out of their homes by the social services immediately after a report. I just hope rules change in India sooner than later.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmiknarangi314Laila2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics! (Page 5)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rupunzale

IF-Dazzler

Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starasdf

Originally posted by Rupunzale

I am disappointed they are showing Asad like this. Some people say it is justified, I say heck no. And I'm glad other people agree.

Honestly this one time slap leads to more and more. It sends out a message that slapping is ok. Plus Asad's slap can be considered as harassment. But off course this is a show and the main lead raised his hand. No one will raise their voice. I bet if some minor character raised their hand it would not have been okay. I think some who are supporting is might be because KSG is playing Asad...

Apart from that I have been a day 1 supporter of Zoya helping Marium. The thing is she took a stand and did something about what happened to Marium. I haven't watched today's episode but if she accepts the slap and is not even upset, it will be against her character. I would hate to see this happen to Zoya because she is one of my favorite main female leads.

Plus I saw a comment that this will lead to romance... I'm not sure about you but the last thing I'd want to do is fall in love with the guy who slapped me.

There were comments that this is all Zoya's fault. It is not. Dilshad brought her back, I bet thats when they spotted Marium. And because Dilshad brought Marium back this also means that Zoya did the right thing before.

Azad emotions are understandable and if he words instead of his hand it would have been more acceptable. Raising his hand was NOT okay. He should have controlled him self.

-Star
welcome to the minority dear...don't worry there are lot of ppl who has condemned the slap and are voicing out against the violence. We might be in minority but every comment against violence counts ...

Ty, and I am somewhat surprised so many people are okay with it.
Btw on a lighter note while I was typing this I just watched Amitabh Bachan stop his dad from slapping his momLOL.

really...and Mr Bachan's dad is supposed to be a poet.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

starasdf

IF-Dazzler

starasdf

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:09pm | IP Logged

I am disappointed they are showing Asad like this. Some people say it is justified, I say heck no. And I'm glad other people agree.

Honestly this one time slap leads to more and more. It sends out a message that slapping is ok. Plus Asad's slap can be considered as harassment. But off course this is a show and the main lead raised his hand. No one will raise their voice. I bet if some minor character raised their hand it would not have been okay. I think some who are supporting is might be because KSG is playing Asad...

Apart from that I have been a day 1 supporter of Zoya helping Marium. The thing is she took a stand and did something about what happened to Marium. I haven't watched today's episode but if she accepts the slap and is not even upset, it will be against her character. I would hate to see this happen to Zoya because she is one of my favorite main female leads.

Plus I saw a comment that this will lead to romance... I'm not sure about you but the last thing I'd want to do is fall in love with the guy who slapped me.

There were comments that this is all Zoya's fault. It is not. Dilshad brought her back, I bet thats when they spotted Marium. And because Dilshad brought Marium back this also means that Zoya did the right thing before.

Azad emotions are understandable and if he words instead of his hand it would have been more acceptable. Raising his hand was NOT okay. He should have controlled him self.

-Star
welcome to the minority dear...don't worry there are lot of ppl who has condemned the slap and are voicing out against the violence. We might be in minority but every comment against violence counts ...

Btw on a lighter note while I was typing this I just watched Amitabh Bachan stop his dad from slapping his momLOL.

LOLOL nono, I meant in his movie :P

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rupunzalenarangi314...Tanu...Laila2009

Rupunzale

IF-Dazzler

Rupunzale

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

-Star

LOLOL nono, I meant in his movie :P

omg...I am going crazy...LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

starasdf

Aalia_A

Aalia_A

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Someone mentioned the Nirbhaya rape case here. I shudder to my core whenever I think of that. I am too following the case closely and hope those savages get the book thrown at them. And then some. Anyways, I remember reading some article where QH makers said they wanted to show women-empowering messages through the show especially in light of the heinous crime that had occured. Well that intention did not last long. I feel like shouting hypocrities at them now, saying and doing anything just to get viewers to the show, and worse seeking mileage from a too-brutal-for-words tragedy Dead

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmikadeeti10Rupunzale...Tanu...Laila2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged

We as women have a voice and in majority cases the voice is heard...so Ms Khan...you portraying as a woman who didn't stand up against domestic violence is not acceptable.

Rupunzale: I agree with you - this is completely unacceptable - to portray Zoya has someone who will not stand up or speak out against it mortifies me. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpmahalaxmikAalia_Aadeeti10Rupunzalenarangi314...Tanu...

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

Many are stigmatizing us ( ppl talking against violence) by saying that ...we are somewhere supporting a woman hitting a man...

Please let me explain ...none of my friends nor me have ever supported violence against a man...

We are voicing against Violence...it doesn't matter whether its against a man or a woman...

Violence is unacceptable period. 

A lot of people who do this often do not understand or care about women who are victims of abuse. We saw a lot of this when we tried to recruit volunteers - my aunt and uncle explained that these people are not willing to face the truth that women are abused..they do not want to deal with the issue. It is like the people who refused to acknowledge the horrific shooting of the Afghan girl and started focusing on the drone attacks...it simply means this does not matter to them...

I had one woman who kept going on about the abuse happening to men...i finally asked her why is something that happens to less then 10% of abuse victims more important to her...she did not say anything and we never saw her again...turned out she was an abuse victim and was trying to get back with her abusive husband...go figure. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmikAalia_Aadeeti10Rupunzalenarangi314...Tanu...

Aalia_A

Aalia_A

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

We as women have a voice and in majority cases the voice is heard...so Ms Khan...you portraying as a woman who didn't stand up against domestic violence is not acceptable.

Rupunzale: I agree with you - this is completely unacceptable - to portray Zoya has someone who will not stand up or speak out against it mortifies me. 

Also this goes against Zoya's character. She is a modern, educated girl, from the States. I can a teeny tiny bit still relate to Zoya, and if I was at her place, I would have worked out of the Khan house and laid a police complaint against the brute who had no right to lay his hand on me Angry Zoya should speak out or else this further butchers her character. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

narangi314Rupunzale...Tanu...Laila2009

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.