Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_Dont_Know thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
So now people have problem with this thread also! So, what we have to do? Let's drool over Asad Ahmed khan!😡

Horrible! Zoya will fall in love with this guy!👎🏼

I_Dont_Know thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Aalia_A

Sigh. Another thread gets closed. Some people must be hitting the report-button like crazy 

If a show shows violence, and explicit violence at that, why cannot we discuss it? On the other hand, countless posts praising the lead actors eyes, ears, nose and what not still remain open. Why this biasedness? Why this fear of budding critical discussion? For some of us, matters such as a character's conscience matter more than the sexy look in his eyes... If the sexy look can be discussed ad nauseam why can't the issue of the character's fading conscience be given the same treatment?

This is IF! Here you can drool, but no mature discussion! Anyways from now I am gonna report "all those eyes, ears, nose" posts! Because those post are also made on the same topic!😳

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Accio_kajen

Read the thoughts in pink and underline!

I am sorry if I am sounding rude but I did not mean to offend you.I am not telling that YOU don't help people but some people are just publisizing the show more by talking about the slap.

Laila: So? 

I am not an expert but I do volunteering work for a NGO. I am on the neutral side.I am just telling you it is not worth going on for approx 44 pages because it is going to change the POV of the fangirls.It is better to help people than speak here about the same thing.Because you are going to get the same argument of a "slap" being romantic.I do not in any way support the slap!I am saying I do not like their love-story and so I am not in anyway implying that they become a couple.When I say it is necessary,I was saying that it to show how is Asad's character.He is arrogant,rude and other things you all are telling him to be.

Laila: You write a lot to for someone who thinks we're wasting time doing the same...who r u trying to convince here eh. 😉😆

From what you have written,I feel that you wouldn't give a second chance to that person but I would give them that.This is each's own POV.And that is why I want to believe that they are going to change Asad.I am not saying one coffee will do that but till then I'll wait and watch.

Laila: Really, what makes you think that I am not who can forgive? Redemption is the key and a sorry and cup of coffee does not cut it...I don't forgive abuse easily - it is a controlled act and few people take ownership and responsibility of it. 

In the end it your choice about what to speak and what not to...

Laila: Yes, that's my right.

But I am not going to talk more and contradict my own thoughts about speaking about the whole thing.I am signing off.😊

nebuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: I_Dont_Know

So now people have problem with this thread also! So, what we have to do? Let's drool over Asad Ahmed khan!😡

Horrible! Zoya will fall in love with this guy!👎🏼

very true they become obsessive over a certain character
and fail to identify the diff between real and reel issues and characters
slap and abuse is a real issue which is not given importance
 in the end they start justifying such acts in order to support their characters 
this is not the case only with teens
i have seen married people  with children justifying such characters
because of their obsession 

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I've been wondering where is the tehzeeb Asad used to talk about in some of the previous episodes. Surely, the slap, pinning a girl against the wall and taunting someone about their dead mother must all be against the tehzeeb Asad lectured Zoya about. Actually, these days it seems like he doesn't possess even an ounce of tehzeeb and instead comes across as a rowdy-type person...
princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So today we got to see the much hyped "I am sorry Zoya" episode but really his apology was depth-less and shallow for lack of better words. He said "sorry" and insulted/was rude to her right after. Someone who is so apologetic does not get annoyed at the slightest thing especially when they the so called apologetic person knows how wrong they have been. Zoya was offering him compassion by telling him that she understands how he feels and was being extremely nice considering the fact that he abused her right, left and center for the past few days, yet, he angrily got up and told her off. This man is crazy and he is driving me insane. He doesn't even talk to her properly afterwards. He asks her if her eyes stopped working as well since he knew her brain didn't work from the start. Now you guys tell me someone who feels really guilty and is sorry for their actions talks and behaves like this? What is really amazing is that he can't tolerate the fact that Zoya was showing him compassion by talking about his father because that is the most painful part of his life yet he berated Zoya just a few hours ago and threw the most painful thing of her life in her face in such a heartless way and he expects a small worthless "sorry" and some coffee to fix his mistake? I am not sure how "sorry" Asad is or if he wholeheartedly even mean that "sorry!" Disgusted is the word.

Riya
eastmeetswest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: princessonline

So today we got to see the much hyped "I am sorry Zoya" episode but really his apology was depth-less and shallow for lack of better words. He said "sorry" and insulted/was rude to her right after. Someone who is so apologetic does not get annoyed at the slightest thing especially when they the so called apologetic person knows how wrong they have been. Zoya was offering him compassion by telling him that she understands how he feels and was being extremely nice considering the fact that he abused her right, left and center for the past few days, yet, he angrily got up and told her off. This man is crazy and he is driving me insane. He doesn't even talk to her properly afterwards. He asks her if her eyes stopped working as well since he knew her brain didn't work from the start. Now you guys tell me someone who feels really guilty and is sorry for their actions talks and behaves like this? What is really amazing is that he can't tolerate the fact that Zoya was showing him compassion by talking about his father because that is the most painful part of his life yet he berated Zoya just a few hours ago and threw the most painful thing of her life in her face in such a heartless way and he expects a small worthless "sorry" and some coffee to fix his mistake? I am not sure how "sorry" Asad is or if he wholeheartedly even mean that "sorry!" Disgusted is the word.

Riya

my sentiments exactly. i will tell you this, people tend to get soo hooked on the actors that they totally ignore the situations in such that they like the actor so they dont care or see any negativity.
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
For those interested in the power of media to create societal change, you might want to read:

I particularly likes this line:

"It bears remembering that changing expectations is the first step to changing reality. "

Cheers
Mira
Edited by narangi314 - 11 years ago
Sam3007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
The slap was wrong,
no 1 should slap a girl,
But at that state of mind ny1 can do mistakes,
anger, pain, lie, made Asad Slap Zoya...
His ammi was in ICU, n 4 him she was d reason ...
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: narangi314

For those interested in the power of media to create societal change, you might want to read:

I particularly likes this line:

"It bears remembering that changing expectations is the first step to changing reality. "

Cheers
Mira

hi Mira...thanks for the wonderful article...it really shows that as time has passed media has ignored something like important as women empowerment...it's also ironic that shows  Humlog was sponsored by doordarshan and not private channels as today.

The funny part is I actually exactly something like this from the PH...after promoting domestic violence and then layered it with a mere " I am sorry" they are going ahead with a jungle romance...this is extremely insulting and demeaning to watch such a display of utter nonsense. 

Priyanka