Qubool Hai

Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 56

Page 1
Page   of 56
Page 2 Page 56

-Jwalamukhi-

IF-Stunnerz

-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
H i !
As you guys are aware, we have tons of topics on the same thing. And that is the slap that Asad gave Zoya. So in order to keep all opinions on the same thing, the Dev Team has decided to open one single topic where the slap can be discussed.

Please do not make new topics. If new topics are made, they will be closed down immediately. Similarly, please follow I-F's rules when making topics and be respectful of other members and their opinions.

Likewise, any members found to be bashing/targeting members and their opinions, will receive dire consequences!

Edited by *Shifali* - 05 February 2013 at 5:21pm

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

RRulz1aniashreeangel97SparklesDB-Deepali--tehreem--Swetha--Araina-Enchanted_jassi-Tannu-tastahninDiorRouge.WhenInRomestarsanjanassroomanidua_44everhonestyfirstEndurance_Ridz_--epiPhobia--MisHumptyDumptySiddhi_-SohniKuri-Alina.SleepingBeauty.shanakyasharanSilverBell

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discuss about THE SLAP Here! NO New Topics!" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
I don't watch this show, infact have only seen one episode because I find the Zoya chick to be pretty hot. However I was surfing the net today and saw an episode where this guy slapped Zoya aur bechaari ka khoon bhi nikal diya. Cry

How can he slap? In the times where violence against women is all time high, what kind of message are they conveying to their audiences by men hitting women? Now I don't care what the back-story is but physical violence CANNOT be ever justified regardless of any ifs and buts.

I wished she beat the crap out of that guy right there and then in the hospital, by keeping quit and rolling over was a direction in poor taste. 

From the usual saas bahu bullshit, for once I saw a female (a hot one BTW) who was out of her saris and zewars and had this next girl attitude. She wore regular things and acted like regular people. I saw that she had confidence when she spoke and had a good ambassador of who todays girls need to be.

But then the producers push her under the bus and make her feeble and weak just like all others. We are suppose to feel for her sorry ass while admiring the manly strength of the hero. And then you get all praises and kudos for that, but if you decide to speak out all you get is character assasination.

People try to justify why the slap was deserved, how she secretly enjoyed and all that bullshit that really make my shake my head in disbelief. But let me ask you this, what was the need for him to slap that girl? Was it because of his mother? If yes then unless she was physically going and harming the mother I see no need for the "hero" to step in and give the thrashing.

Was she hurting anyone out of malice? Was she going and pulling some ventilator or poisoning her injection? If not then how dare he get involved and call it as defending his mother?

Directors and producers of this show please dont insult our intelligence by coming up with these BS justifications -- I wasn't born yesterday!

The above is copy and paste on my thoughts on this issue and where I stand.

Edited by TheBoss - 05 February 2013 at 3:11pm

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

jag12Ishk4unotJoLashivondeviNeelusimidhillon89sjnpmahalaxmiksna004AdhooriSiniya_sangel97luvabhiya9booglevaleyriemsg1niharika111adeeti10..-DeViLiA-..RadheKrish1narangi314shaz2009S.Stephyssroomanideejayaqueel-HoneyBoo-..Ankita.....Tanu...starsanjanaLaila2009Kielypsaradanikita_88-Eris-harshdb

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Considering the amount of shit that has been occurring in the country, it's only sensible that TV shows are representing women with a source of empowerment. Portraying stuff like this is ludicrous. The show should be portraying women as strong individuals, not as a doormat. That slap was uncalled for.  There are numerous women/men who are out there watching the show, acts of such kinds, not only allow men to harbor the feelings of justifying violence against women, but subconsciously it may seed the mentality of women to think that it's normal/acceptable for them to be laid hands on. So many women out there are living a life of such kinds. It's unfortunate. The TV is a source through which these group of people can be enlightened on their rights, though it's highly disappointing as to what sort of message these sort of incidents in daily shows are representing. 

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

sadesiAvayashivondeviAnnie0247NeelusjnpmahalaxmikSparklesDBmsg1AdhooriSiboogleniharika111Aalia_ADivineMistadeeti10S.Stephyshaz2009narangi314Vinnie79starsanjanaLaila2009ssroomanideejayaqueel...Tanu...

princessonline

IF-Dazzler

princessonline

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
I agree. At such a delicate time it is absolutely unnecessary and wrong to show a male protagonist slapping the female lead. I am sick and tired of seeing men in Indian shows committing all sorts of atrocities toward women and then the girls still end up falling for them. Asad preached about his religion and the "right" way to live; yet he slapped a girl? A lot of people are justifying him by saying that "Zoya deserved it," "He slapped her because his mom was in danger and he feels that she is responsible for his mothers condition" and all sorts of other things. But that is not the way the world works. You don't fight fire with fire or take someones eye for an eye. Showing violence against women for the sake of entertainment is never okay. At a time like this the production house should be creating stories or concepts that help people understand that men should treat women with respect and that hitting a woman is never an accepted act.

Personally, I think the whole slapping, cornering and physical tension should be eliminated from shows. One should only be shown slapping or in a fight when a person is in danger or as a means to show how to defend yourself. It should not be okay for men to slap women and should not be okay for females to slap men. The whole physical tension between the main leads of the show is shown through aggressive behavior from the male lead. I am not sure how romantic such an approach would be in real life. It also promotes the idea to young women that they should be submissive and if a guy like Asad is behaving so erotically toward you it is because you have discovered the secret path to their heart. In reality, such things are not true. Erotic behavior does not symbolize feelings of love and should not be promoted to do so either.

Finally, I am disappointed with the way the production house has shown Zoya's response to the slap. By downplaying the slap and having Zoya not confront Asad they are promoting physical violence against women instead of telling their viewers that as a female, if you are slapped by a male you should stand up for yourself. I really do beg television producers to give women more esteem and give them sufficient roles that show case the strength and power of women. Furthermore, instead of enforcing stereotypes television shows should become a medium through which people are educated of how to treat women.

RIya

Edited by princessonline - 05 February 2013 at 5:17pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

RRulz1sadesiJoLashivondeviNeelusjnpAdhooriSimahalaxmikniharika111Aalia_Amachar13angel97msg1-tehreem-adeeti10tastahninnarangi314S.StephyVinnie79shaz2009TheBossLaila2009ssroomani...Tanu...psaradaharshdb

shaz2009

IF-Dazzler

shaz2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
If there are already older thrreds open from before than why not discuss on there...no offence but what's the need of opening this thread?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sneha522niasharma11AdhooriSiAalia_Aadeeti10I_Dont_Knowbasicquestion1narangi314Laila2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shaz2009

If there are already older thrreds open from before than why not discuss on there...no offence but what's the need of opening this thread?

No offence intended either but I am confused why this is being done...and then the threat of dire consequences? Most of us on the threads that have discussed the slapping opened by one of us who did not support it engaged in a civil discussion - I am lost. I saw multiple pro-slap threads that have not been shut down...very confused by all this...sorry for speaking my mind here. 

Edited by Laila2009 - 05 February 2013 at 5:31pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sneha522niasharma11machar13Aalia_AAdhooriSishaz2009

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by shaz2009

No offence intended either but I am confused why this is being done...and then the threat of dire consequences? Most of us on the threads that have discussed the slapping opened by one of us who did not support it engaged in a civil discussion - I am lost. I saw multiple pro-slap threads that have not been shut down...very confused by all this...sorry for speaking my mind here. 

I agree with this. Now, we've lost the thread (pun intended Wink) of our discussions. I was really disappointed by this decision.

BUT! Hey, I feel strongly enough about this to cut and paste my responses onto this thread.

I feel we should keep this conversation going. What say folks?! Please paste your thoughts from the threads that have been shut down. Let's keep at it...it's important.

Edited by narangi314 - 05 February 2013 at 5:43pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Aalia_Amachar13AdhooriSiadeeti10shaz2009Laila2009...Tanu...

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi314

I agree with this. Now, we've lost the thread (pun intended Wink) of our discussions. I was really disappointed by this decision.

BUT! Hey, I feel strongly enough about this to cut and paste my responses onto this thread.

I feel we should keep this conversation going. What say folks?! Please paste your thoughts from the threads that have been shut down. Let's keep at it...it's important.

Sure, and we are never the ugly people here, so I do not know why we should be at risk of the dire consequences. So let us go for it...Wink

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AdhooriSiAalia_AI_Dont_Knowadeeti10shaz2009narangi314...Tanu...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.