Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
I'm laughing but for some Guyanese Indians it is still a reality. Especially those who live in the country side. Atleast things have changed to some extent

Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 08 February 2013 at 2:45pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-AarYaholic-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Gender-Bias (Page 3)" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kesha_H.

IF-Sizzlerz

Kesha_H.

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kittya_Cullen

I'm laughing but for some Guyanese Indians it is still a reality. Especially those who live in the country side. Atleast things have changed to some extent

well I don't get to go anywhere by myself huh Idk y they just don't put me on a leash and walk all over trinidad steupzz Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_Cullen-AarYaholic-

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swaggerchick16

well I don't get to go anywhere by myself huh Idk y they just don't put me on a leash and walk all over trinidad steupzz Angry
Lol. They're only thinking of your well being Kesh. You're a pretty girl child who is small in stature. If you were my child I might lock you in the house when you don't have school Tongue

Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 08 February 2013 at 2:46pm

-AarYaholic-

Kesha_H.

IF-Sizzlerz

Kesha_H.

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by swaggerchick16

Lol. They're only thinking of your well being Kesh. You're a pretty girl child who is small in stature. If you were my child I might lock you in the house when you don't have school Tongue

who told tht I am pretty wht if I'm ugly now? well yea I'm small but I opened a locker wen the safety officer couldn't (and tht's another gender bias thing women's strength r not recognized) n tht's wht they did today, u laugh at me, iz srs ting here huh

Kittya_Cullen-AarYaholic-

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
1) Whether a person is"ugly" or not, they are still in danger

2) The strength detail is an issue indeed. In the U.S. they're finally adjusting regulations regarding women in the army, and now debates are ensuing about whether a female will be able to handle the training, weight of bags, etc. As far as I have seen, there are some pretty frail men too who cannot enter the army, so why only discuss women? And there is also the issue of s*xual attacks in the military against females- which is now being highlighted- and the effects of the military power in squelching reports because the females do not wish to be pushed out of the military. 

Nxt_rockstar-AarYaholic-

Kesha_H.

IF-Sizzlerz

Kesha_H.

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

1) Whether a person is"ugly" or not, they are still in danger

2) The strength detail is an issue indeed. In the U.S. they're finally adjusting regulations regarding women in the army, and now debates are ensuing about whether a female will be able to handle the training, weight of bags, etc. As far as I have seen, there are some pretty frail men too who cannot enter the army, so why only discuss women? And there is also the issue of s*xual attacks in the military against females- which is now being highlighted- and the effects of the military power in squelching reports because the females do not wish to be pushed out of the military. 

wow tht is sad

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_Cullen-AarYaholic-Nxt_rockstar

FireLordPhoenix

IF-Rockerz

FireLordPhoenix

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Sadiie..

Oh don't get me started on this topic!

BIAS WORLD! Pinch

Period!

Woman are treated SO Unfairly that it is hard to say "Humanity exists". And the sad thing is, such woman are SO Bloody forgiving, giving an upper hand to the man who's done wrong! *Face palm*

'Your Husband cheats on you; the woman forgives him saying "he was strayed" whereas if the woman cheats on her man, she's a wh**e.'

W*F!

Okay either way the man and the woman are wrong but WHY the Bias behaviour when a Woman does it?!

The woman is made to change herself and mould herself into this Man's world, where she HAS to be a step behind the man and let him have the upper hand in everything.

I have 3 sisters (I wanna kill one of the chit today Angry)

And you'll have these stupid aunties going to my mum "Oh so sad..you don't have a son"

HOW RUDE!

How dare you indirectly say I and my sisters are UNLUCKY To have a brother?!

This is mainly on the mentality of the people that are around you. I'm a huge Rebel, I don't give two hooties to such crap my Family talks about now and then (Yes, typical Asian family that HAS such a mentality..we're the only ones that have no brothers but sisters so everyone discourages us by saying we're unlucky to have a brother. They go and say "Maybe one of you sisters could have been a boy and it would have changed everything; note, EVERYTHING." Kill me already Dead ) Instead, I'm making a point by showing em all a woman CAN Be as good as A man. Hoping I can succeed in that.. Stern Smile

Sadiie x

In my family, there's us three sisters and then my brother. People who I don't know but are friends of my Mom or just guests are like "You are lucky to have a son" and they are constantly telling my sisters and me how lucky we are to have a brother. 

One of my cousins is an only child and her parents had been trying for years to have another child, a boy but were unsuccessful. People are always telling her Mom "It's so sad you don't have a son" and my cousin hates it. 

I can understand why people want sons so badly but I wish they'd also show a little more appreciation for daughters/girls. And if I hear one more "Daughters are raised to be sent away, they are someone else's amannat" I think I'll kill that person.

Kittya_Cullen

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
That's exactly the mindset that worries me Nina. I think perhaps, for the Western world, things have become simpler because both sons and daughters are expected to leave the home. Therefore nobody is anybody's amannat. Everyone is expected to leave their parents' homes and make a way for themselves, including finding a life partner who will share in the household expenses and responsibilities. With the Eastern/Asian world, extended families are the most important family structure. Sons stay and add to the overall family wealth and daughters are sent off to figure out their way in somebody else's family life.

I think the whole concept of a bahu becoming so occupied with her saasural that she will never have a chance to offer her support to her parents is one of those things that keeps this whole "boys are more beneficial than girls" thing going.  Due to the fact that daughters become sucked into the vortex of household duties, and in-laws like the Scindias who don't believe a "woman's place" is outside the home, this will keep happening too. How can any daughter help her parents if she remains dependent on her husband? After all, no parents will want to be dependent on their damad's kindness for their well-being...but ironically, once the bahu is working, all of her income goes towards her current home, which means that she still cannot spare any funds to her maayka because that may cause another set of problems within her saasural. It's a very tight rope to walk on and practically impossible to find a balance. 

So how exactly do we work into the mindset of some people who adopt these thoughts for practical reasons? 

Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 09 February 2013 at 4:47pm

Nxt_rockstarFireLordPhoenix

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.