Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Discussion Of The Week

Gender-Bias

The world is broadly divided into two sections : the supreme beings , males & the submissive sex , females.

Since the ancient age , women has been treated as an object ; battered , used-misused , abused. The man made society has propagated & perpetuated the gender-bias against women and she is regarded inferior both physically & intellectually. 

Punar Vivah too highlights the issue of dominance of patriarchal society very vigilantly. Men are meant to earn the living while women are designated to engage only in household chores , in fact working outside for a woman is considered as iniquity.

Secondly , a woman is designed to be loyal only to one man for her whole life even if he abuses her , leaves her for other woman (According to Kaki).

Newspapers , articles , surveys confirm that gender partiality prevails in our society & that too very brutally in some cases . A recent incident happened in the country where a divorcee , looking after her in-laws after her being abandoned by her husband was tonsured by her in-laws so that no man may show interest in her , much worse than our Aarti's case.

This is our DOTW , Gender-Bias.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

ponmathiyagumonavarsaniPiiemachar13Soapqueen2013nirmalac99--Iqra---AarYaholic-Nxt_rockstarAnu_4_Uakui1984FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_Khankmfan_2lovely_nikkigafulu14

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Gender-Bias" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lovely_nikki

IF-Sizzlerz

lovely_nikki

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Interesting topic Shubhi.

Shubhi I feel that sometimes women are much worse than men in this case.

When I was in college, I had this classmate. One day we friends were just chatting, she suddenly asked me how many brothers and sisters you have. I told her that we are three sisters and that I don't have any brother. My God you should have seen the look on her face after hearing this. She was literally shocked to hear that I don't have a brother. You know what she told me?

She said " HOW UNLUCKY OF YOU THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BROTHER AND HAVE ONLY SISTERS " 

I was SHOCKED to hear this from her. I immediately went away from there ( as I didn't knew what to reply to such a cheap and low mentality person) 

I never talked with her throughout my entire college time. Though she tried to talk with me several times. But I just couldn't.

( I know that this might look out of context here, but I wrote this as I feel that my classmate was also GENDER BIASED ) 

Edited by lovely_nikki - 05 February 2013 at 1:38pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

monavarsanisjnpMahika24machar13Kittya_CullenAnu_4_Uakui1984FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_Khancssudha-AarYaholic-Nxt_rockstarkmfan_2shubhika124gafulu14

kmfan_2

IF-Sizzlerz

kmfan_2

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
A great topic for discussion - 

Gender bias as most of us see and know has been where women are the ones to sacrifice, be understanding, giving and forgiving in all relationships right from the womb to the tomb!

A daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother and so on...but most of the times we have to stop here because one cannot overlook the fact that once she becomes a mother in law there appears a new dimension to this same person who was so far been seen as the one who has been bearing the brunt. ( I fully appreciate that there are many many exceptions to this rule...as there are some amazing mothers in law I know of!) However, predominantly we see them in the light of villains be it in films or soaps etc...

This bias probably is more in the upbringing of the male counterparts in the family - to make myself more clear - I wish to say that when one mother can consciously shift focus on her son being told to respect his sister and share in all the duties of hers too...he would grow up to be more sensitive to the needs and wishes of a woman. Also, be it education or vocation, when one is brought up in a family where both are given equal opportunities to prove themselves and also celebrate each others' success and accomplishments it becomes a joint celebration rather than a I - Me - Myself situation.

But the beginnings have to be made yet again by parents who set examples to their kids that indeed no one is better or worse than the other...A woman irrespective of being a career woman or a home maker can still enjoy the respect of what she does as her choice and not what she has to do to gain or earn her self worth.

The shift is happening surely...maybe we need to be more proactive in enabling it by our small ways of contributing where we can.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

ponmathiyagusjnpMahika24machar13Kittya_CullenNxt_rockstarakui1984FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_Khan-AarYaholic-Anu_4_Ulovely_nikkishubhika124gafulu14

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely_nikki

When I was in college, I had this classmate. One day we friends were just chatting, she suddenly asked me how many brothers and sisters you have. I told her that we are three sisters and that I don't have any brother. My God you should have seen the look on her face after hearing this. She was literally shocked to hear that I don't have a brother. You know what she told me?

She said " HOW UNLUCKY OF YOU THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BROTHER AND HAVE ONLY SISTERS " 

I was SHOCKED to hear this from her. I immediately went away from there ( as I didn't knew what to reply to such a cheap and low mentality person) 

I never talked with her throughout my entire college time. Though she tried to talk with me several times. But I just couldn't.

( I know that this might look out of context here, but I wrote this as I feel that my classmate was also GENDER BIASED ) 

Of course this is gender bias Nikki!

This reminds me of what my class teacher told us once , she had two daughters & she narrated an incident where her neighbor asked her why doesn't she have any son & why does she give births to daughter! Shocked How disgusting right! And she herself had gone through several abortions after gender tests Thumbs Down
The lack of proper knowledge & basic conscience can turn human into evils Ouch

This shows how weak our roots are.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ponmathiyagusjnpKittya_CullenAnu_4_UFireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_Khan-AarYaholic-Nxt_rockstarlovely_nikkigafulu14

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kmfan_2

This bias probably is more in the upbringing of the male counterparts in the family - to make myself more clear - I wish to say that when one mother can consciously shift focus on her son being told to respect his sister and share in all the duties of hers too...he would grow up to be more sensitive to the needs and wishes of a woman. Also, be it education or vocation, when one is brought up in a family where both are given equal opportunities to prove themselves and also celebrate each others' success and accomplishments it becomes a joint celebration rather than a I - Me - Myself situation.

Beautiful Write up especially this particular paragraph! I do agree when people say education is the base , the foundation of good morals but cannot be solely responsible for one's well being ! Whats most important is how are people brought up by the family. If a kid grows up in a typical patriarchal family where woman is considered as an object of duty & servitude , what benefit will the pseudo education do for him?

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ponmathiyagusjnpNxt_rockstar-AarYaholic-FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_KhanAnu_4_Ukmfan_2lovely_nikkigafulu14

..CountingStars

IF-Stunnerz

..CountingStars

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:09am | IP Logged

Oh don't get me started on this topic!

BIAS WORLD! Pinch

Period!

Woman are treated SO Unfairly that it is hard to say "Humanity exists". And the sad thing is, such woman are SO Bloody forgiving, giving an upper hand to the man who's done wrong! *Face palm*

'Your Husband cheats on you; the woman forgives him saying "he was strayed" whereas if the woman cheats on her man, she's a wh**e.'

W*F!

Okay either way the man and the woman are wrong but WHY the Bias behaviour when a Woman does it?!

The woman is made to change herself and mould herself into this Man's world, where she HAS to be a step behind the man and let him have the upper hand in everything.

I have 3 sisters (I wanna kill one of the chit today Angry)

And you'll have these stupid aunties going to my mum "Oh so sad..you don't have a son"

HOW RUDE!

How dare you indirectly say I and my sisters are UNLUCKY To have a brother?!

This is mainly on the mentality of the people that are around you. I'm a huge Rebel, I don't give two hooties to such crap my Family talks about now and then (Yes, typical Asian family that HAS such a mentality..we're the only ones that have no brothers but sisters so everyone discourages us by saying we're unlucky to have a brother. They go and say "Maybe one of you sisters could have been a boy and it would have changed everything; note, EVERYTHING." Kill me already Dead ) Instead, I'm making a point by showing em all a woman CAN Be as good as A man. Hoping I can succeed in that.. Stern Smile

Sadiie x

Edited by ..Sadiie.. - 06 February 2013 at 9:11am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Kittya_Cullenakui1984FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_Khan-AarYaholic-Nxt_rockstarAnu_4_Ushubhika124lovely_nikkigafulu14

lovely_nikki

IF-Sizzlerz

lovely_nikki

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shubhika124

Originally posted by lovely_nikki

Of course this is gender bias Nikki!

This reminds me of what my class teacher told us once , she had two daughters & she narrated an incident where her neighbor asked her why doesn't she have any son & why does she give births to daughter! Shocked How disgusting right! And she herself had gone through several abortions after gender tests Thumbs Down
The lack of proper knowledge & basic conscience can turn human into evils Ouch

This shows how weak our roots are.
Shubhi I was a teenager at that time maybe around 15-16 so my classmate was about my age. Imagine a young girl saying this. Such people after growing up I don't know what they will do. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenixMalika_ZL_KhanAnu_4_UNxt_rockstar-AarYaholic-gafulu14

gafulu14

IF-Stunnerz

gafulu14

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 10:35am | IP Logged
i donot mind in this case. I just want be healthy and great human being is the main thing i look for the person, than is man or woman, i donot care

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu_4_UNxt_rockstarMalika_ZL_Khan-AarYaholic-lovely_nikki

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.