Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

"A Lifetime of Happiness or Is It so"

nafisa_kazi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
by Nafisa Kazi :

A Discourse on M-EIEJ : Episode dated 05/02/2013

------"A lifetime of happiness?  No man could bear it : it would be hell on earth."  (G.B.Shaw)

All the while watching today's episode, something akin to the above line was at the back of my mind when I saw Rishbala dwelling in these blissful moments...

As for RK not taking his relationship with Madhu all the way, gave us a glimpse of one of  their contrasting traits...while Madhu is someone who's all giving, RK is afraid of opening up...to Madhu it's "Where we are would be Paradise to me, if you would only make it so." ? Thomas Hardy...

------ Frankly, today's episode was merely  a build up of events  to the oncoming events or rather the upheaval in Rishbala's life...

There were several subtle cues brought in here as to something major is going to occur in Madhu's life...

No.1, RK backing out, apologizing to Madhu and saying that he cannot go all the way...instead of "not now but after they solemnize their wedding with all proper rituals"...it's Madhu who presumes that he wants it so...

No.2. the green bangles on Madhu's wrist...

No.3. the little game RK and Madhu play about whether the other one is lying or is truthful...

No.4, RK asking of Madhu whether she is willing to leave it all and go away with him the very next day...

------ I know not whether RK is going to change his spots yet again and will shatter Madhu or will it be Madhu who'll back out at the last moment or something or someone will prevent from either from doing so...But one thing I sure want is a turn of event which will lead or rather compel Madhu towards filmdom...

------ To me today's episode of Madhubala was a thought provoking one...

------ my closing line for today being the one by Thomas Hardy :   "Happiness is but a mere episode in the general drama of pain."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Nice Post Nafs ðŸ˜› !
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail