Qubool Hai

Role Models of TV need to respect and treat Women! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

ifsaal044

Goldie

ifsaal044

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
There is NO gender equality when it comes to violence. Even the physicality of it, a guy getting slapped vs. a woman getting slapped are very different.

What were the writers trying to show? Even if they show that he regrets slapping her at no point was it justified.

Just weeks ago, the writers and producers were all about how they are trying to incorporate the Delhi rape case and social awareness into their show.  Suddenly, its okay for Asad to give death threats and slap Zoya.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Role Models of TV need to respect and treat Women! (Page 2)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ifsaal044

There is NO gender equality when it comes to violence. Even the physicality of it, a guy getting slapped vs. a woman getting slapped are very different.

What were the writers trying to show? Even if they show that he regrets slapping her at no point was it justified.

Just weeks ago, the writers and producers were all about how they are trying to incorporate the Delhi rape case and social awareness into their show.  Suddenly, its okay for Asad to give death threats and slap Zoya.

I wasn't aware of the death threats. See I have a problem with another famous actor because of this very issue. He is a well known activist and helps a lot of people with his charity, however he terrorized few women in his life and also beat them up and always had his ego come in between him and others and failed to remorse or feel regret, instead all he did was hurt and kill more people/animals etc.

My point is its not a fetish, if it is only agreed upon by one party. The slap was highly unwarranted and it really sends a very bad message to the masses who watch these things and expect to have their way by hitting women, or get pissed off if she retorts back because clearly the character in this show is shown weak and feeble.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ifsaal044...Tanu...

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tnusredey

Awesome post!!Clap
Dis slap thing totally ruined da show. Da creatives cud have done away wth dis. I didnt xpect things like dis in a 4lions show. Plus as shown in sbs Zoya sitting wth Asad & accepting his coffee evn aftr what he did.DeadTotally unacceptable. Da show is dead 4 me as of now.

No self respecting women likes a douchbag. looks only go so far but if you act like dick then don't complain if she dumps you and that's wha. should be happening.
not like jhappad khao aansoo pucho and go back in fantasy land.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...Tanu...

-Jwalamukhi-

IF-Stunnerz

-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Again, you had a similar post. Please do not make multiple posts and there are already posts about domestic violence. Please discuss there!

TheBoss

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Shifali*

Again, you had a similar post. Please do not make multiple posts and there are already posts about domestic violence. Please discuss there!

Im addressing to the issues of role models, and the powers and responsibility of the Television industry to utilize its great responsibility. 

Im not contesting your other closure but this topic is separate and highlighting a need for stricter and balanced code of conduct on part of media. As far as I understand this is the only topic of its kind so I would appreciate if you don't bring in the ban hammer to muffle my voice.

...Tanu...

-Jwalamukhi-

IF-Stunnerz

-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
@ TheBoss: Likewise, the scene had nothing to do with KSG as you have mentioned. It was a character to a character. 

TheBoss

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Shifali*

@ TheBoss: Likewise, the scene had nothing to do with KSG as you have mentioned. It was a character to a character. 

But these are some real powerful role models, a lot of people especially some in their teenage years grow up to them. It becomes a foundation for many to look upto them and their choices knowingly or unknowingly reflect back on them and their personality.

KSG or the powers that be behind this serial as an individual or a team carries same responsibility to ensure that the brand he represents and the audience he is reaching out to does not condone such behavior.

The media cannot simply always wash off their hands from any responsibility. Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ifsaal044sosweet...Tanu...

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 3:11pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ifsaal044sosweet|Persephone|-Jwalamukhi-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.