Qubool Hai

Role Models of TV need to respect and treat Women!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:16am | IP Logged
What kind of message are the Television is conveying to the masses? When the violence against women is at all time high and women are raped, burnt or butchered left and right our so called role models who certain people especially the teenagers look upto are conveying that it is perfectly alright to be masochistic, chauvinistic and archaic with their flawed thinking and the unfortunate part of it is that some find it acceptable, while the others are justifying their actions and some take it a step further to actually defend such behavior?

Case being another huge role model is dumping his wife to marry for the 3rd time in a popular serial. Whereas another role model is sitting jobless because he could not contain his ego and people still believe in him. And now coming back to QH the guy slapped the living daylight of a girl in broad daylight and walked away as if hitting women is his God given right.

Unfortunate part is that even in just the above three situations, women simply chose to roll over and accept them for what they are because somehow they are simply un-fallible. 

I understand some things might be part of a show, HOWEVER make no mistake the actors have FULL creative control, and they should be able to speak up and decline things that their conscience does not allow. If KSG had thought about the implications of the scene he should have backed out and refuse to do it.

Our community especially our women need to speak up loud and clear that such actions are simply intolerable and they need to speak up strongly until the producers and the directors and the actors get it once in for all that this blatant physical violence, gender inequality or treating women as toilet paper is barbaric and they need to stop insulting the intelligence of their masses because it is by whom that they have their bread and butter so as they say DONT CUT THE ARM THAT FEEDS YOU.

Physical violence needs to stop and you as an audience have the power to change things.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

aloo12perfectlystillifsaal044adeeti10nebunairia_luvsLindor...Tanu...--Rose--zan101Naach_BasantiMephistoReal.MadridDulceTentacion.Siddhi_nikita_88Samraat_92-MERRY-Tony_StraK786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Role Models of TV need to respect and treat Women!" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Forgot to add that there has to be some common ground for once if you dont want to see such repeat of incidents on TV then you need to speak as one. 

- Firstly hitting anyone is physical violence, and hitting women or children is lowest of the low.

- Secondly showing the other character as weak and feeble to get slapped, stay quit and walk away is also equally wrong.

Please don't instill these wrong notions into our youth of tomorrow or our country and culture will never come out of its shackles.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ifsaal044adeeti10...Tanu...iria_luvsLindorReal.MadridDulceTentacion.Naach_Basanti-MERRY-

Real.Madrid

IF-Sizzlerz

Real.Madrid

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Our community especially our women need to speak up loud and clear that such actions are simply intolerable and they need to speak up strongly until the producers and the directors and the actors get it once in for all that this blatant physical violence, gender inequality or treating women as toilet paper is barbaric and they need to stop insulting the intelligence of their masses because it is by whom that they have their bread and butter so as they say DONT CUT THE ARM THAT FEEDS YOU.

Unfortunately, instead of doing that.. a lot of women are justifying it.

nebuna

IF-Dazzler

nebuna

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged
least to say is the slap was really cruel and his expression after that
when women do not want to respect other woman
i can t believe girls justifying this slap 

slap itself is unwanted be whatever the reason
and here many people are waiting for his repentance
which will bring back the intensity and romance
i just cant believe young girls are more caught up with this romance
that the abuse is just brushed off 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10...Tanu...

pink.lotus

Goldie

pink.lotus

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Sean

Unfortunately, instead of doing that.. a lot of women are justifying it.

that is because that is what they see in real lives. how much ever you want to provide a sanitized version of the truth in the media,  it is a true fact that 60% or more of india believes that a slap is no big matter, especially among related people.

he slapped her because he was upset with her.. and she accepted without complaint because she knew he was upset.  to me, it shows that she is more levelheaded and mature  than he is, even though her character is portrayed as flighty and silly and nontraditional.. something to think about, because she did not just accept the slap as her due. the zoya who was characterized until now, the girl with a deep well of sadness.. she can relate to the fact that his mom was dying and he was nearly mad.

yes, we can say slapping a woman  on tv was highly uncalled for, but IMO  there are still cultured people who think that a slap is no big deal. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10

...Tanu...

IF-Rockerz

...Tanu...

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Awesome post!!Clap
Dis slap thing totally ruined da show. Da creatives cud have done away wth dis. I didnt xpect things like dis in a 4lions show. Plus as shown in sbs Zoya sitting wth Asad & accepting his coffee evn aftr what he did.Dead Totally unacceptable. Da show is dead 4 me as of now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10

FairyTale-Naima

Goldie

FairyTale-Naima

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Ouch Argh, really don't wanna say this. i hate to admit it but I think they showed the slap partly because Asad is a Muslim. As a muslim girl myself I am very hurt as my father, my brothers and my husband have never layed a finger on me no matter how mad they are

GroverAddict

IF-Sizzlerz

GroverAddict

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
uff...too much 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.