Harry Potter

Writing the next 7 books - Harry Potter Fanfiction

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Zachary

Zachary

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
When I decided to write the life of Harry Potter, I had no Idea I would write 5000 literary pages or the equivalent of 7 1/2 books of 680 pages.  I chose to write those in 3 very long books all over 1500 pages.  I tried to hold true to the original author's ideas about the character except one. For those who have read the books, you know Ginny is a firebrand of a personality, toughened by growing up with six brothers. We know she has powers greater than any of their friends except Harry, and we know she was a terrific Quidditch player. In my story she decides to give up the idea of playing professionally to join Harry and Ron in the Aurors to the chagrin of her mum and dad. When you read the three books I've noted in other post, you'll find that decision blended perfectly into the story. She was with Harry, Ron and Hermione when they train a new army to defend Hogwarts from a new kind of dark side. These are cut throat killers and they must save the students from those that would kill them all. It is during this time Ginny's powers increase to point where she can duel Harry at his level of ability. The books show the progress of the families as they have children, grand children, great grand children and finally great, great grandchildren. There are a treasure trobe of new and wonderful characters that mostly are part of their family. An important new family is introduced in book one that will be with the Potters and Weasleys to the end of the story. There is much humour and painful experience that some of my friends refuse to read these chapters again . The writing became so personal I felt at times the story was writing itself. I did something that I felt was hinted at during the original books and it is the complex make up of Harry. You will see just how complex he is, and there is no comic book hero in these books but someone so much greater. He imparts his own beliefs to all of his and Ginny's many children and grandchildren. There is one mystery that is left over from the original story you will find out that will warm your heart. I truly love these characters the way a father would love his children. Although the story leaves room to write more books, I could never write another. It seems when Harry Potter departs this world there is nothing left to say.

I am 850 pages into a new novel I hoped to have published and I have fallen in love with a new set of characters just like the first ones. I hope it gets picked up later this year and if you love reading stories about English life, this story will traverse a period of time prior from the first World War until modern times and yes there are many generations of the Moore family. If I am not able to get it published in a reasonable time, I will make it available for free reading as I did with the Harry Potter fanfiction stories.

The Link has been removed by the IF Development Team, as promotion of external sites are strictly prohibited.  Thank you!

Edited by MP_Radha - 15 March 2013 at 8:49am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KriShaReYam

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Writing the next 7 books - Harry Potter Fanfiction" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top