Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 7)

Vintage.Wine Goldie
Vintage.Wine
Vintage.Wine

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by epiphany.

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

I do not live in a world I have knitted out of dreams. I do not believe in heaven anymore than you do. The world is a big wide mess, we all know that. But this debate is more about those who have left India and less about those who remain. I am still here, you see. I was merely throwing light on what those who have left think. Besides this is just the social aspect of it. If one thinks they can make ten times more money somewhere abroad, why would they stay here at all? 

Exucuse ME .. ..LOL .Don't you think you are craftily retractling from your own statements now ? Your contention was Rapes , Political scams and other such bletcherous events that happen in India which ain't fascinating ...That was debatable ..as  with that statement you were  definitely comparing India with some Western state ..And the wiki suggests that in 2005  there were ..191,670 reported / documented rape / attempted rape cases in the USA ...Now thats an astoundingly high number for a nation where people brag about being most civillized and morally aware...Also 1 outta every 33 Men was experienced rape ...80,000 children were subjected to sexual harrasment ..How enticing does the situation sound when even the Men are sexually unsafe? let aside the women and the children ..

@ Bold : And here I assume that you don't assume that I can' be amongst those who had once left their country ...LOL and my opinion along with many more people I know too should count ..Do you have a statistics of what the People who migrated over to the the western nations think ?...And now it looks like you have way too many misconceptions than I had thought prima facie ..

The scandals are abundant too and on a much higher scale than anywhere else ...

Well now to the REAL point ..Whats wrong with earning 10 times higher than in India ? ..Nothing wrong I say if you can afford a maid, have no debt and there are people to fill up your cars with gas ...If you are compairing the people from the same educational background ..and experience ...I don't think the wages in India are at such a dismal, paltry level these days ..And even if we make perfunctory assumptions, my contention is whats the fun in earning 10 times more and spending 20 times more than what you do back home ?  Even when there is no notable difference in the quallity of the similar services offered in the western nations ? That doesn't make much economical sense either .. Let aside the pockets of  racial discrimination, a bit of cringing and need for a servile approach that one might notice  in the first few days of migration...So much so that you get accustomed to it and stop feeling it eventually..

Again I won't say all the people in the western countries are snotty or seedy bags..There are many many wonderful people too ...But cummulatively everyone there  can't be grouped as Elite ones ..India's situation is no different either ..

Alright ..I think I have tried my best to help ya reconcile with the ground reality ..and stop before this post startes to look pandanous ..LOL ..

Vintu ... Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 8:04am | IP Logged

I do not live in a world I have knitted out of dreams. I do not believe in heaven anymore than you do. The world is a big wide mess, we all know that. But this debate is more about those who have left India and less about those who remain. I am still here, you see. I was merely throwing light on what those who have left think. Besides this is just the social aspect of it. If one thinks they can make ten times more money somewhere abroad, why would they stay here at all? 

Exucuse ME .. ..LOL .Don't you think you are craftily retractling from your own statements now ? Your contention was Rapes , Political scams and other such bletcherous events that happen in India which ain't fascinating ...That was debatable ..as  with that statement you were  definitely comparing India with some Western state ..And the wiki suggests that in 2005  there were ..191,670 reported / documented rape / attempted rape cases in the USA ...Now thats an astoundingly high number for a nation where people brag about being most civillized and morally aware...Also 1 outta every 33 Men was experienced rape ...80,000 children were subjected to sexual harrasment ..How enticing does the situation sound when even the Men are sexually unsafe? let aside the women and the children ..

@ Bold : And here I assume that you don't assume that I can' be amongst those who had once left their country ...LOL and my opinion along with many more people I know too should count ..Do you have a statistics of what the People who migrated over to the the western nations think ?...And now it looks like you have way too many misconceptions than I had thought prima facie ..

The scandals are abundant too and on a much higher scale than anywhere else ...

Well now to the REAL point ..Whats wrong with earning 10 times higher than in India ? ..Nothing wrong I say if you can afford a maid, have no debt and there are people to fill up your cars with gas ...If you are compairing the people from the same educational background ..and experience ...I don't think the wages in India are at such a dismal, paltry level these days ..And even if we make perfunctory assumptions, my contention is whats the fun in earning 10 times more and spending 20 times more than what you do back home ?  Even when there is no notable difference in the quallity of the similar services offered in the western nations ? That doesn't make much economical sense either .. Let aside the pockets of  racial discrimination, a bit of cringing and need for a servile approach that one might notice  in the first few days of migration...So much so that you get accustomed to it and stop feeling it eventually..

Again I won't say all the people in the western countries are snotty or seedy bags..There are many many wonderful people too ...But cummulatively everyone there  can't be grouped as Elite ones ..India's situation is no different either ..

Alright ..I think I have tried my best to help ya reconcile with the ground reality ..and stop before this post startes to look pandanous ..LOL ..

Vintu ... Tongue

My approach is far from statistical. I have just been in the company of people who have left the country. I have traced their journey from here to there and had discussions with em about why they left. And I'd like to believe, they know their reasons better than you and me. Pig Nobody is safe anywhere, I know that much. I dun need wikipedia to tell me that really but just so you know if we are to truly debate here, helping me resolve my misconceptions won't matter. We're trying to figure out the reason behind why Indians leave India and settle abroad but preach about its greatness. Clown

reeha...k

El_Dorado IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBossreeha...k

TheBoss IF-Dazzler
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Interesting inputs from both sides, cant say anybody are wrong here.

Personally for me what grinds my gears is when people expect nationalism from me. I was born in the US and grew up in Canada, to me this are my mother countries. My interests, emotions, and patriotism is obviously invested here since I have no bearing to India. 

Its no fault of mine like the way some feel strongly about India, I feel and have the same sentiments for US or Canada since that is my home country.

But oftenly people ask me where Im from, when I say US or Canada, they still wanna know where from in India. Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

El_Doradoreeha...k.Sad.But.True.

McNinja IF-Rockerz
McNinja
McNinja

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I used to have the same annoyance with my dad when I was an angry teenager. I didn't mind him missing his motherland but had issues with him talking down about the States. My sheltered mind felt one should show some sort of nationalism to the country that gave them so much, what with America being the land of the free and home of the brave, the land of opportunity that he fully benefited from. 

But today, a few years down the road, I've realized it's all overrated. And maybe ur fathers had this realization also at some point. As Goethe said, None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Me, I think being a patriot or showing some sort of nationalism is a waste of time unless we're talking the Worldcup. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumreeha...k.Sad.But.True.

BirdieNumNum Senior Member
BirdieNumNum
BirdieNumNum

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

I used to have the same annoyance with my dad when I was an angry teenager. I didn't mind him missing his motherland but had issues with him talking down about the States. My sheltered mind felt one should show some sort of nationalism to the country that gave them so much, what with America being the land of the free and home of the brave, the land of opportunity that he fully benefited from. 

But today, a few years down the road, I've realized it's all overrated. And maybe ur fathers had this realization also at some point. As Goethe said, None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Me, I think being a patriot or showing some sort of nationalism is a waste of time unless we're talking the Worldcup. 

yeah, it sure is a land of the braves, actually was. Like in Chiefs and Indians. General Custer and his types made sure it didnt stay that wayLOL

of course we are free. Just make sure to pay taxes if one wants to stay free. LOL

McNinja

El_Dorado IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
McNinja IF-Rockerz
McNinja
McNinja

Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by McNinja

But today, a few years down the road, I've realized it's all overrated. And maybe ur fathers had this realization also at some point. As Goethe said,None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

yeah, it sure is a land of the braves, actually was. Like in Chiefs and Indians. General Custer and his types made sure it didnt stay that wayLOL

of course we are free. Just make sure to pay taxes if one wants to stay free.LOL

Yes and what better consolation prize for the Natives, giving them back 2% of their land...And people say we're bullies.

Americans are just as proud of their honey boo boos and snookis though as they are of their generosity towards the Natives, it's a new era and enough to fuel patriotism.

Ha, yes free indeed. In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

BirdieNumNum

Go to top