Debate Mansion

If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 27

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by reeha...k

wow, that's impressive. seeing how you know about subprime mortgages, maybe now you're gonna teach us about CDOs and CDO squareds and index tranches and correlation products as well. Any chance?LOL

ok, so which "West" do you wanna talk about? The PIGS (as in portugal, iceland, greece, spain)? Or the northern peripherals that have their banks beat up with huge debts? As in Deutsche Bank...

fine, maybe you mean CAD. Doesnt count. That's airspace for guys in the US. LOL

And why on earth is the 'BRICS' the magical keyword to prosperity these days ? LOL ..With millions and millions of dollars and even the Yens  being poured into such markets every fortnight ..in carry trades ? LOL  ..Is that a Hedge against their soon to dwindle US / Europe portfolio?  ...Those PIGS economies are the greatest lurking danger that makes any attempts of improvement in the world economy fizzle out quickly ..

Those fateful attempts of providing comfort to the people by creating feeble employement opportunities with chintzy stimulus packages won't lst for too long ...The fiscal cliff has only been postponed ..Soon the rates would rise ...and a situation worse than the Subrpimse Mortgage disaster would wallop the Lawmaker's behind ..and break the economic backbones ..The banks I mean ..Beware of these nations and their tacky policies ..The wise would invest in Gold and in MSCI and other such scrips..and keep their bags packed and ready to move out to a safer, location ...LOL

Vintu ... Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

generally agree with you except that where and when ever mass migration has happned its only due to economic reasons.. and own land being in dire state..

Aww .. ..Thanks for agreeing to the major part of my post ..Even I find it difficult to agree with me  sometimes ..LOL ..But then I might have to disagree with your comment that I have marked in the Bold ..Cause most Mass Migrations ..commonly alluded to as Exodus have happened due to the reasons other than Economic ones ...I would resort to the referrences from the History to make it NOT sound like my whim ...LOL

The Jewish Exodus, The Emigration of the native Greeks, The mormom <<And many such instances of mass migration had got nothing to do with the monetary reasons...And these are the History's greatest known events of banishing people in huge numbers ...Ouch

Vintu ...Smile

reeha...k

IF-Rockerz

reeha...k

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by reeha...k

That's some versatile "air space" selling Oil, lumber and water. I'm not here to teach  just asking a question about individual's attitudes- particularly immigrants with FG children in various countries- it's a concept that may be difficult to digest if one doesn't know what I'm referencing, so If you want to explain the notion be my guest. 
Just in case, I'll say it again: My post isn't about comparing nations, it's about dissecting an attitude. Anything to add towards that, or do you want to talk about Economic reform in the EU?

LOLyeah, why dont you talk about economic reform in the EU..if there's any.LOL

whose attitude? yours or the dad's? Because i think your own attitude is itself a block.. Just because you feel hectored does not mean he's wrong on the substance. Just think of it as a way of balancing the scales, from all the western influences you're normally subjected to which like other cultural influences have some bad along with the good.

I still don't think you understand the premise of his perspective. Refer to bold. 
As for the substance, of course he's wrong, or at least misguided or short sighted. He think's India is the land of Virgins and Virtue, if that isn't archaic and incorrect, I don't know what else could be. 

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

do you know how to trade yourself and made millions yet?

lol you dont want me to be modest now do you?LOL

no need to be modest.. you can share 1-2 of your money making tips.. i have messaged you.. but it would nt hurt anyone on the forum LOL

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 8:18pm | IP Logged

If west is so great then why do I see Indian origin "westerners" hanging around on India forum, listening to Indian music, watching indian movies, drooling over indian stars? lol

The answer to all these questions lies somewhere in the middle. Some of his behavior could be explained by nostalgia (see song below) while othe part could be truth as its possible there are things which are better in India.

Overall one should be balanced as there is good and bad everywhere. As long as he doesnt devalue all west, its ok.

Edited by King-Anu - 06 February 2013 at 8:17pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

K.W.nomad.nessLovelyPlanetVintage.Winereeha...k

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

no need to be modest.. you can share 1-2 of your money making tips.. i have messaged you.. but it would nt hurt anyone on the forum LOL
awww you're embarrassing me. :)

i think it helps if you're working with huge capital and balance sheet. You need those to get lines with counterparties and to be able to trade products where you really have a chance to make money on a consistent basis. Of course those products are fairly complex, so one also needs to have a strong math/ financial engg background AND an economic hypothesis as to 'why' your approach will make money. Just having a blind quant strategy model that has been data-fitted and dat-mined to explain past behavior does not provide me with that hypothesis. I suppose that' approach and those skills are the value-add one brings to gain an 'edge'. I really dont have any special ability to forecast markets, at least no more than a lot of people. What i do try to bring to my 'investors' is the ability to price and risk manage products across the gamut of asset classes. The cross-product orientation gives one a greater ability to exploit relative value arbitrage opportunities than might be possible if one is simply trading one product/ asset class. It works for me.. Sorry if this is not very helpful. :) 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetcharminggenie

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 1:09am | IP Logged

awww you're embarrassing me. :)

i think it helps if you're working with huge capital and balance sheet. You need those to get lines with counterparties and to be able to trade products where you really have a chance to make money on a consistent basis. Of course those products are fairly complex, so one also needs to have a strong math/ financial engg background AND an economic hypothesis as to 'why' your approach will make money. Just having a blind quant strategy model that has been data-fitted and dat-mined to explain past behavior does not provide me with that hypothesis. I suppose that' approach and those skills are the value-add one brings to gain an 'edge'. I really dont have any special ability to forecast markets, at least no more than a lot of people. What i do try to bring to my 'investors' is the ability to price and risk manage products across the gamut of asset classes. The cross-product orientation gives one a greater ability to exploit relative value arbitrage opportunities than might be possible if one is simply trading one product/ asset class. It works for me.. Sorry if this is not very helpful. :) 
lets not upset TM by posting unrelated information here.. i will create a new post for invetment bankers LOL to share their experiences.. obviously without disclosing any proprietary information

BirdieNumNum

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 07 February 2013 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by epiphany.

It is very simple, the way I see it. Most of us have the power to change squat about our nation. Hundreds of thousands of things could be going wrong right before our eyes but we won't do anything about it. Those who migrate to foreign countries only go one step further in being totally oblivious to the problems we are facing here in India. My cousins from the US are obsessed with Indian languages, cuisines, clothing and movies. Why? Their parents have trained them that way. India's languages, food, clothes and movies are fascinating and rich. Robberies, rapes and political scams are unfortunately not that fascinating so the parents pride themselves in making the decision of 'leaving the mess at the right time'. Indians are escapists. So, yes, India is very great but we'd all love to leave. Stern Smile 

Um ...I won't call that scummy logic just yet ...But the reasoning sounds nothing but dud to me to say the least ..LOL .

Have ya ever heard of any of these ? 

The water gate scandle ..
    Apollo Moon hoax of the 70's that blew up millions of Tax Dollars
    Lehman Bro scandal ..
    Bernie Madoff case ..
    Teapot Dome ..
    The economic fiasco of 2008 ..
    William Jefferson Swindling case ...
    and many, many more such cases ..It might take me a month or may be more to finish writting this post if I decide to jot everything down here ..

Also I suggest you take a squizz at the Wiki ... 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

^^^ Here ...As a few might be not wanna trust the other sites that deal with the repugnant rape rate in a nation faved by a few ...

Or just go there and see for yourself ...May you would wanna learn how to evade the muggers ..averting dark, city glens at odd hours ..for the starters ..Tongue ...The picture everywhere ain't as cozy as you believe it to be ...There is no Heavns ..nowhere on the face of the world ...And the mess is equally awful ..everwhere ..LOL

Vintu ...Smile

I do not live in a world I have knitted out of dreams. I do not believe in heaven anymore than you do. The world is a big wide mess, we all know that. But this debate is more about those who have left India and less about those who remain. I am still here, you see. I was merely throwing light on what those who have left think. Besides this is just the social aspect of it. If one thinks they can make ten times more money somewhere abroad, why would they stay here at all? 

reeha...k

Post Reply New Post

Go to top