Debate Mansion

If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 27

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha2us

This is how I view. I am answering the original question of why people want to leave this country. Whether India is great or not is not important for me. An important question is how you feel at present? If I am feeling pained in the environment in which I am finding, there is no use telling the environment is great and  I have to cope up with that. I have to attend to the pains tenderly and gently and do the needful to take care of myself. When I was young one question lingered within me. My dad used to treat his foreign relatives like VIPs. They were the most respected people in our family among all the siblings of my dad. They all used to vie being hospitable to these persons. How could I feel then? Isn't the feeling that to be NRI is great is pertinent? Also people say that USA is land of opportunity while India is not. How am I to feel?

Just because we hear India is great doesn't make any greatness. How many people in this forum feel this greatness from their heart? If we all tell the truths here, we get good answers.  Just telling we have to love motherland doesn't make sense for me. If loving motherland is painful for me, I have to accept that. Betraying me is the biggest betrayal and I won't betray myself. Why Madame Curie and Hargobind Khorana and Amartya Sen could not stay in their motherland in their life?

@ Bold- That must be the key to everything we presume Tongue No country is absolutely good or bad.
We form our opinion based on the experiences we had and the feelings it generated. A person who is of a happy disposition would likely be happy under any circumstance in any country.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-boreddamsel_Angie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 12)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

enigmatic_zephy

IF-Sizzlerz

enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
One of many cases ( Not exhaustive)

Let's say country A can offer me safety, food, better life for my kids - safe and secure.. so I leave. But then I realize the value system here is too different than mine. There are many good things in my value system that can be amalgamated with good things of country A's culture - but hey! my kids refuse to listen to me altogether and snap back at me with sassy replies . .. WinkLOL

I am not pointing fingers- what I am trying to say is.. for economic reasons or legal , one moves..but every person wants a perfect world don't they...so as per their experience all that is perfect they would like to seek that..no??

This ain't about India - Parents-Kids stuff.. Big smile.. its ok.. . learn to manipulate them ( nicely and subtly) and get your work done Wink

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 21 May 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged
A simple question based on the title you have for this topic. Suppose someone tells, a pudding is so great! How do you feel? Trusting what that person tells is only going to pain you because you are not getting that pudding to eat. Only if you eat it, you get the feelings of happiness and pleasure. People surely say 'India is great'. Always feelings are important and not what someone says even if that person is so great. Those persons who have felt the sweet taste of 'pudding' in USA or other Western countries stay there and it is out of total knowing. Everyone who says 'India is great' can that person explain, 'why does he have that feeling? How is the greatness he/she finds in India gives him/her happiness or pleasure? How does he apply the greatness he sees, for his day-to-day life to make himself happier and full of joy? Life is meant to be enjoyed and everything is allowed except for harming another person. All the rules I need to follow is not to harm anyone else.  What do you say?

Of course for those persons who say that they are peaceful in their life in India, and they feel comfortable in the life in India rather than USA, I will accept what they say and they have right to make their choice. But then another person can feel more comfortable in USA rather than in India.  The point is again if a person likes to live in India by choice, it is more acceptable rather than is a person says India is great country and that is the reason he lives there. 

Edited by maha2us - 21 May 2013 at 12:46am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-boreddamsel

-Raichu-

IF-Rockerz

-Raichu-

Posted: 21 May 2013 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Lol I understand you !! 
Same case here. 

My mom and dad are from Srilanka, they both migrated to France almost 30 years ago. I know it's because of political reasons. 
But still my mother always compare the way we're brought up here, and the way she grew up there. She's very proud when she talks about her country. 
And I reply then go back there ! (thank God my dad isn't like that). 

I'm not ashamed of my roots, but I'm loyal to France because I grew up here. When the question is between France or Srilanka I'll always stand up for France because I've spent more time here than anywhere else. 
I'm not saying France is the best country, no but I'm just loyal. and I can't understand that my mother isn't grateful towards this country which welcomed her. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

reeha...k

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

This is how I view. I am answering the original question of why people want to leave this country. Whether India is great or not is not important for me. An important question is how you feel at present? If I am feeling pained in the environment in which I am finding, there is no use telling the environment is great and  I have to cope up with that. I have to attend to the pains tenderly and gently and do the needful to take care of myself. When I was young one question lingered within me. My dad used to treat his foreign relatives like VIPs. They were the most respected people in our family among all the siblings of my dad. They all used to vie being hospitable to these persons. How could I feel then? Isn't the feeling that to be NRI is great is pertinent? Also people say that USA is land of opportunity while India is not. How am I to feel?

Just because we hear India is great doesn't make any greatness. How many people in this forum feel this greatness from their heart? If we all tell the truths here, we get good answers.  Just telling we have to love motherland doesn't make sense for me. If loving motherland is painful for me, I have to accept that. Betraying me is the biggest betrayal and I won't betray myself. Why Madame Curie and Hargobind Khorana and Amartya Sen could not stay in their motherland in their life?

@ Bold- That must be the key to everything we presume Tongue No country is absolutely good or bad.
We form our opinion based on the experiences we had and the feelings it generated. A person who is of a happy disposition would likely be happy under any circumstance in any country.

True to an extend, but the real question is how do you measure country's greatness or the quality of life?
- corrupt government
- education system produces quantity and not quality
- no population control
- no health/medical measure

The sad part is that in a recent survey conducted Globally which states that 10 million Indian wants to migrate to US ...

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

True to an extend, but the real question is how do you measure country's greatness or the quality of life?
- corrupt government
- no population control

The sad part is that in a recent survey conducted Globally which states that 10 million Indian wants to migrate to US ...

Are you implying that the 10 million wish to migrate on the assumptions you stated above ?
frankly speaking I dont think much of such people. I have more respect for those who accept the challenge and dare to bring about a change for the better in their homeland.

Gov is not some external agency but from the citizens. good citizens make good government.
Corrupt Indians would remain corrupt outside the country  -  Mr Rajat Gupta , who reached great heights in the US - but ended as  the fallen ex IITian that the homeland had looked upto Ouch

Education system- Indian students have been academically outshining  the other students since long inspite of the system Ermm

Population control-  We could see better results once homosexuality and live ins catch on in the country LOL

Medical measures- c mon India is fast emerging as a  hub for medical tourism Tongue

Those who plan to desert the country on the grounds stated need to re think. Anyway it would be no ones loss if  such losers migrate . US is welcome to accept them Wink LOL

Zairean

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Aarya-

- corrupt government
- no population control

Are you implying that the 10 million wish to migrate on the assumptions you stated above ?

Gallup
survey states that about 138 million people from about 154 countries want to migrate to US because of the economic opportunities and the established networks of potential migrants.
There are no assumptions here but nearly facts, from which the survey was conducted.

frankly speaking I dont think much of such people. I have more respect for those who accept the challenge and dare to bring about a change for the better in their homeland.

As much as I may agree with you here, but the fact remains that a change must come with in a person.

Gov is not some external agency but from the citizens. good citizens make good government.
Corrupt Indians would remain corrupt outside the country  -  Mr Rajat Gupta , who reached great heights in the US - but ended as  the fallen ex IITian that the homeland had looked upto Ouch

The Indian government is officially corrupt and no convictions, at least Mr. Gupta got convicted for his deeds in the US.

Education system- Indian students have been academically outshining  the other students since long inspite of the system Ermm

There are about 200,000 Indian students who come to the US for further studies every year. And the sad part is that Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India estimated that it's loosing US $17 billion a year due to students going aboard to study.

Population control-  We could see better results once homosexuality and live ins catch on in the country LOL

Another excuse for  not addressing the population control in India. It is estimated that by 2050 Indian will exceed to 1.69 billion in population. 

Medical measures- c mon India is fast emerging as a  hub for medical tourism Tongue

What does medical tourism mean?  Let's say you had an accident on the streets of India, what is the max  threshold (in minutes/hours) in which you will get an ambulance or medical assistance?

Those who plan to desert the country on the grounds stated need to re think. Anyway it would be no ones loss if  such losers migrate . US is welcome to accept them Wink LOL

I wonder who is the real looser here, the ignorant or the opportunist  :)

Edited by -Aarya- - 22 May 2013 at 6:59am

boreddamsel

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 22 May 2013 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by globe_trotter

good point Zorro, he went to HBS as well.
not sure on population control though LOL how homesexuality is going to help .. do you mean more people will turn homoLOL

you never know it may well turn out to be the next fad Wink LOL With decline in heterosexual marriages and the stress of both partners working the number of births could decline

i want to return to my country at some point and hope that would be soon enough and do my bit to change things i want to see changed.

Nice to know that some peope manage to escape the lure   LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top