Debate Mansion

If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 27

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Originally posted by boreddamsel

So yeah, I do prefer US over India.. 'coz I can walk around wearing shorts and a spaghetti top or a salwar and no one cares! 

I would have completely missed this gem!

Next time, you believe what you wrote above (I know you don't but still), try visiting an urban area in India and try putting a two-piece in the client meeting (no, not that kinda client) in the US. See who cares more where.

It's all about the perception. So do you walk around in two-piece (or one-piece)  everywhere, or do you just prefer to stay in your birthday-suit LOL at all given time...

Edited by -Aarya- - 05 March 2013 at 11:08am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 11)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by boreddamsel

So yeah, I do prefer US over India.. 'coz I can walk around wearing shorts and a spaghetti top or a salwar and no one cares! 
There you said it. No one cares in the US Wink LOL

And I assume that in  India people care too much that they just keep staring at a girl wearing shorts and spaghetti top LOL

No ...I guess Zorro meant people don't stare at girls elsewhere ..How weird ...LOL

Vintu ...
Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNum-Aarya-

reeha...k

IF-Rockerz

reeha...k

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

It's a common theme with ex-pats that they miss the country they'd been grumbling about so much before they left for pastures new - once they've settled down very comfortably abroad. It's a shiny glean on everything they remember, from the food, to the products you just can't get here, to the lifestyle, the 'values' etc etc.

It's all a pile of crap. Now I was born and brought up in the West but moved from the UK to the States - both are liberal countries but I cannot help but wax lyrical about British life - the NHS, the TV shows, the people blah blah blah. When I lived there I used to moan about everything LOL

As for India - my mum and dad came to the UK when they were fairly young. But they're honest about their opinion of India. For a start as a woman living in the States or in Europe I have a lot more liberties, more equality with men than if I lived in many places in India. Even they acknowledge that.

So the answer to your question, 'If India is so great, why'd you leave?'

Some people would say, 'India just becomes so much better the further away you are from it' . LOL

LOL! I'm saving that line for when my pops and I have a good clash of words :')

BirdieNumNummoomin4455

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:20am | IP Logged

Proverb of the day  Wink

By the time one starts to believe that their dad was right ..they have a son / daughter who    believes that they are awfully wrong ...LOL

Vinu  ...Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged

i think the best place in India is California, or New York or New Jersey. Lots of Indians there to make it very good.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Winemoomin4455reeha...k

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

i think the best place in India is California, or New York or New Jersey. Lots of Indians there to make it very good.LOL

Like me are you too on about the same America that Columbus found ? Smile

Vintu ...Tongue

BirdieNumNummoomin4455

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 19 May 2013 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
My father used to (and still does) expect me and my brother to live up to these unrealistic expectations for Indian children. Most of them are from the early nineties since that is when he lived in India. We went to India after a long time (hail the internet and smartphone era) and nothing came close to what he expected of us. I was never the goodie two shoes but the trip just made my conviction stronger. I now have a valid excuse to do what I do besides my usual "I love you but I am an adult and I no longer live with you" argument.
The argument does not last very long now.

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
This is how I view. I am answering the original question of why people want to leave this country. Whether India is great or not is not important for me. An important question is how you feel at present? If I am feeling pained in the environment in which I am finding, there is no use telling the environment is great and  I have to cope up with that. I have to attend to the pains tenderly and gently and do the needful to take care of myself. When I was young one question lingered within me. My dad used to treat his foreign relatives like VIPs. They were the most respected people in our family among all the siblings of my dad. They all used to vie being hospitable to these persons. How could I feel then? Isn't the feeling that to be NRI is great is pertinent? Also people say that USA is land of opportunity while India is not. How am I to feel?

Just because we hear India is great doesn't make any greatness. How many people in this forum feel this greatness from their heart? If we all tell the truths here, we get good answers.  Just telling we have to love motherland doesn't make sense for me. If loving motherland is painful for me, I have to accept that. Betraying me is the biggest betrayal and I won't betray myself. Why Madame Curie and Hargobind Khorana and Amartya Sen could not stay in their motherland in their life?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top