Debate Mansion

If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 27

PhoenixRising

IF-Stunnerz

PhoenixRising

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
People must have a very good reason to leave mostly for a good education and a better Job.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If India is so great, why'd you leave. (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

People leave for different reasons .. I can give you one reason, for higher education and better jobs. I am in the software industry and I can tell you for that, its much better in the US. Call me a cynic, but I doubt education and especially research, will ever reach this standard in India.. and I can say that because I work with researchers in India now. 

I can also tell you .. I have peace of mind here. I don't have to worry about society or what people think about me .. I don't see people gossiping everywhere I go. People mind their own damn business! They don't care what I wear or who I talk to or how late I roam around at night! 

@ Bold:  Aww ...Haha ..That sounds like a real funky town miss ...Much like the place I once lived in ...I mean .. doesn't it sound like  fun to step out and trudge an empty street ..and watch a Batman pass by you ? and the next moment its some Robinhood wanting to bump into you.. ..LOL...

I still remember I had at least 3 Girls who attired like a Katthak dancer at my work ..( When I had work ..Sheesh! ..LOL ) and smiled and winked at me ...after I pinched em somewhere to change their countenance. ..Tongue ..But I was different ...I usually dressed like a dero, dobbler ...or like my own soul ..That curvy, creepy monster ...LOL ..that even stunned and petrified the Xena
with the rapier at the gas station   ..Yehahaha ..that stupid girl ...who once stabbed me for no reason ..LOL

So that makes me wonder ..How do ya dress like ? usual Shirt and trousers ? Or the Birthday suit ? ..with your body painted in different colors ? ...LOL  << Just kidding ...LOL

Your post was great ..and pretty informative too ...Ouch..So I ll welcome ya to the crazy world of DM ... ..Welcome ...Welcome ..LOL ..

Vintu ...Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetboreddamsel

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 03 March 2013 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Hello Vintu ji. Thank you .. thank you.
I wish I had known about this awesome forum earlier, else would have come here long time ago! 
Btw, which brand of vintage wine do you like? Craving some wine right now!!!  

How do I dress eh? Mostly in stripes with spiked-up hair and tattoos all over Cool
I could try the birthday suit, but its a little too cold where I live!  Tongue  

Well.. serious answer. 
I used to be one of the "behenji" types when I was in India.. and still male "friends" used to tell me to wear my dupatta properly 'coz it was attracting attention and I would get a bad name! Yes, to my face. I wanted to slap him, but well I was a goody-two-shoes back then, so I just asked him to mind his business. 
I came to the US and well I am no longer a behenji.. I wear what I feel like wearing. Once when I travelled back to India, I ended up at the airport at 3am.. my parents were running late, so I stood there alone wearing a t-shirt that said "Have you hugged a grad student today?" And I got a lot of offers that morning! I just stood there, again, pretending I didn't hear anyone! 

So yeah, I do prefer US over India.. 'coz I can walk around wearing shorts and a spaghetti top or a salwar and no one cares! 

Edited by boreddamsel - 03 March 2013 at 11:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Winemoomin4455reeha...k

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 5:56am | IP Logged

So yeah, I do prefer US over India.. 'coz I can walk around wearing shorts and a spaghetti top or a salwar and no one cares! 
There you said it. No one cares in the US Wink LOL

-Aarya-Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 6:34am | IP Logged

Hello Vintu ji. Thank you .. thank you.
I wish I had known about this awesome forum earlier, else would have come here long time ago! 
Btw, which brand of vintage wine do you like? Craving some wine right now!!!  

How do I dress eh? Mostly in stripes with spiked-up hair and tattoos all over Cool
I could try the birthday suit, but its a little too cold where I live!  Tongue  

Well.. serious answer. 
I used to be one of the "behenji" types when I was in India.. and still male "friends" used to tell me to wear my dupatta properly 'coz it was attracting attention and I would get a bad name! Yes, to my face. I wanted to slap him, but well I was a goody-two-shoes back then, so I just asked him to mind his business. 
I came to the US and well I am no longer a behenji.. I wear what I feel like wearing. Once when I travelled back to India, I ended up at the airport at 3am.. my parents were running late, so I stood there alone wearing a t-shirt that said "Have you hugged a grad student today?" And I got a lot of offers that morning! I just stood there, again, pretending I didn't hear anyone! 

Vintu Ji ?  ..Aww ..Haha ..That's too much respect for a known scalawag like me ...I so feel like crying  ..But unfortunately I can't stretch my neck too far to make my head reach your shoulders right now ...LOL ..Until I get back to being my supernatural self..which should be as early as ..um ..Tonight ? LOL ..I wonder if you 's have a shoulder free for that ...Anyways ...Vintu Ji sounded like I typed a post to you and you replied back to my Dad  ...LOL ..Haha ..He always gets the credit for everything ..Even my birth ...Ouch

I don't discriminate like that ..My favourite wine is the one I'm swiging at the moment you ask me that question ..I don't wanna say ..Oh! .. I like Carlo Rossie more ..That ll be an utter insult to other wine makers who employ me as Wine Taster ..Only to repend their deicision later as their bottles get shipped empty after I drink till the last drop of wine they make .LOL

@ Bold : Haha  the modesty ..Are ya slyly suggesting that the b'day suit won't be nuff to abate the cold? That you ain't hot.  << Just kidding ..LOL

@ Blue : ..Yeah ..I know Dupattas are known to be  the naughtiest pieces of cloth like that ..Indeed none of that guy's business unless he too wore one ..Its called ..the cover up for an apparent Gynechomastia <<<<To sound technical ...LOL

@ Purple ..: Aww ...really ? I guess we were on a same flight that day ...Did ya not see a guy wearing a t shirt with  " Have you hugged a failed student today?"  <<<embossed on that ? ..Hahhaha ..The same guy who the customs arrested later on ? That guy was me ...LOL ..Um ..is the offer to hug still open ? << Just kidding ...Eh ! ...LOL

Nice indeed.. ...Nice meeting ya again ...Tongue

Vintu ...Tongue

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 04 March 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
It's a common theme with ex-pats that they miss the country they'd been grumbling about so much before they left for pastures new - once they've settled down very comfortably abroad. It's a shiny glean on everything they remember, from the food, to the products you just can't get here, to the lifestyle, the 'values' etc etc.

It's all a pile of crap. Now I was born and brought up in the West but moved from the UK to the States - both are liberal countries but I cannot help but wax lyrical about British life - the NHS, the TV shows, the people blah blah blah. When I lived there I used to moan about everything LOL

As for India - my mum and dad came to the UK when they were fairly young. But they're honest about their opinion of India. For a start as a woman living in the States or in Europe I have a lot more liberties, more equality with men than if I lived in many places in India. Even they acknowledge that.

So the answer to your question, 'If India is so great, why'd you leave?'

Some people would say, 'India just becomes so much better the further away you are from it' . LOL

Edited by moomin4455 - 04 March 2013 at 6:25pm

BirdieNumNumreeha...k

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

I would have completely missed this gem!

Next time, you believe what you wrote above (I know you don't but still), try visiting an urban area in India and try putting a two-piece in the client meeting (no, not that kinda client) in the US. See who cares more where.

Deadset ..But then she is new to DM ..and she should be allowed some time to get accustomed to the place and know that all her words shall be read keenly and countered. And then she must be able to either justify them or retract from her own statement ...

But to me she sounds pretty honest ..I can't see another reason why anyone would admit that they migrated to try out all new spiffied outfits ...Smile

Vintu ...
Tongue

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

There you said it. No one cares in the US Wink LOL

And I assume that in  India people care too much that they just keep staring at a girl wearing shorts and spaghetti top LOL

Vintage.Winemoomin4455

Post Reply New Post

Go to top