Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ipshitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Well 🤔...let me say that the slap was truly truly shocking for me...I still can't believe it happened. Coming to your question, NO...I don't think Zoya deserved such a harsh and demeaning behavior from Asad ...whatever the circumstances might be! Yes, IMO it was actually Zoya's fault that she didn't make efforts to clear everything with Asad and Dilshaad considering the gravity of the situation when Maryum was brought back into the house ...and she was the only person who could've done that since she knew both sides. But then..umm the sight of Asad actually hitting her...woah!!..that too with the back of his hand..it was a little crude and somewhat graphic for me...and left me shocked..literally. It did not feel right to me. ...there can be other ways to express anger (btw I am not trying to say that alternatively he should've pinned her against the wall 🤔..but maybe something else for a change!) Right now, I can't get myself to think about Asad's redemption or ways they can be together one day ...lets see how it goes from here.

Edited by Ipshitaa - 11 years ago
tasmila487 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

You're entitled to your POV.

I didn't say Asad's actions were correct...in fact I don't think he should have slapped Zoya...but Taali 2 haatoon se bajti hai.

Personally I feel there is a time and place for everything...it's called using tact...something Zoya unfortunately posesses very little of.

If I were in Zoya's shoes...I would have had enough sense to assume that Asad probably will think I brought Maryam back...and give him some space considering his mother's life is on the line.  She needs to understand that things are not about her all the time...that she should give consideration to others.  Given the situation and everyone's sentiments...her main concern should have been Dilshad's well being...not justifying myself.

Can i just say that no matter what the time is and whatever his mind set was HE SHOULD NEVER PUT HIS HAND ON SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. So do you think that someone can just hit you whenever they feel like it just because they were in a bad mood? Im sorry but i was raised to fight that kind of stuff. 
celina30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tasmila487

Um I'm not saying it could have killed her. I'm saying that asad lost control of himself when he shouldn't have. If he lost his control too much he could have seriously hurt her

Lost control too much???? Umm his Mother could die by what he thinks is Zoya's actions. Why would he not think that Zoya had brought back Miriam? Zoya has been hellbent to saving Miriam regardless of the dangers involved...she should have informed Asad that his Mum brought M back...the poor Mum knows nothing about the drama that took place only she and Asad knows
tasmila487 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lost control too much???? Umm his Mother could die by what he thinks is Zoya's actions. Why would he not think that Zoya had brought back Miriam? Zoya has been hellbent to saving Miriam regardless of the dangers involved...she should have informed Asad that his Mum brought M back...the poor Mum knows nothing about the drama that took place only she and Asad knows

OKAY ZOYA IS HELLBENT ON SAVING MARIAM BECAUSE THE GIRL NEEDS IT! She was RAPED and her family was trying to get her married to her rapist! She wanted to burn herself alive! WHY WOULDNT ZOYA BE HELLBENT ON SAVING THIS GIRL?!?!?! She is the type of person who is not afraid to stand up for what is right! Just because he is upset he can do anything he wants?!?! No matter what the circumstances are a person cannot lay a hand on another person!!!! Especially a man on a woman!
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lopli

The question is not whether Asad should have slapped Zoya or not. The question is whether Zoya deserved it in Asad's point of view. Most of the people on form are making a Havoc out of the fact that a female was slapped by a male. Most of the argument are based on the viewpoints of female and how society needs to change. No one is thinking in the context of the show, they are comparing it with the society. Yes slapping woman should not be encouraged, however I do not believe Asad was wrong. he had already warned Zoya about Mariam and if zoya was so intent on helping Mariam she should have told Asad right away when she found a hidden Mariam. Asad is not the bad guy he would have helped Mariam be safe and protect his own family as well, but Zoya acted childishly even though she knew the consequences, she had gone through them. Asad was upset, angry and in the moment the slap was a reflex of his feelings. When a child continuously does a thing that the parent dislikes he sure to get a spank from the parent. Asad's slapping Zoya in that moment was not wrong, yes but if he does not apologies for it than he is wrong. In this situation both Zoya and Asad were at fault so they will have to bear the consequences.  I think people on this form need to think about the situation based on the context of the show and not make it philosophical view of our real society. 

Actually we are well within our rights to be outraged by what we have seen. it is completely unjustifiable. We have discussed that this is not justifiable in terms of the show and also in terms of society. We understand that Asad was going through a difficult time, but this does not condone or give him permission to slap Zoya. The action was an example of poor anger management and a very wrong response. Zoya did not deserve it at all. There was no fault on her part here. I understand that you want people to think differently but I also hope that you take the time out to read our posts and understand that whether it is in a context of a show or real life - it is wrong - after all as one person so well said to me - art imitates reality and vice versa. 

lopli thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Okay so the argument is started on this discussion as well AGAIN people are being biased because of the women man thing. In serials when a female leads slaps a male lead no one makes a big deal out of it so why do it know. It is in human nature when you are upset  you will lash out no matter that is what Asad did and Do no tell me that none of you have lost control and done something that you regretted. ASAD LOST CONTROL and HE WILL regret it, so dont bash him he is human after all. 
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: tasmila487

Can i just say that no matter what the time is and whatever his mind set was HE SHOULD NEVER PUT HIS HAND ON SOMEONE ELSE WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. So do you think that someone can just hit you whenever they feel like it just because they were in a bad mood? Im sorry but i was raised to fight that kind of stuff. 

If you read my post carefully...I've repeatedly said Asad was not right in slapping Zoya.

But I do feel she walked into the situation.

It's like if the local 7-11 was being held up by gunmen...I wouldn't walk into the place to buy a soda just because It's my right to do so.  I would use my commen sense...and find a better time to quench my thirst...get it?

Zoya is not to blame for Dilshad's condition...and Asad should never ever have hit her...a real man would have had much better control of his emotions...but that was not the time or place to explain herself either.

Anyways...to each his own.

Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: lopli

Okay so the argument is started on this discussion as well AGAIN people are being biased because of the women man thing. In serials when a female leads slaps a male lead no one makes a big deal out of it so why do it know. It is in human nature when you are upset  you will lash out no matter that is what Asad did and Do no tell me that none of you have lost control and done something that you regretted. ASAD LOST CONTROL and HE WILL regret it, so dont bash him he is human after all. 

Usually when a female slaps a male in serials...it's because she was abused, teased, being picked on...i.e. it's in self defense of some nature.

What Asad did doesn't fall into that category.  It was more of an action reaction kind of thing due to pent up stress, frustration, and his incorrect assumption that Zoya lied about Maryam leaving.

We all know his having slapped Zoya was a mistake.  We also know that he is a good person by nature and he would never have done this under normal circumstances and he will regret it big time when he is in his senses.

Having said that...he was still wrong.
16Mahi16 thumbnail
Whether man/women or right/wrong, it does not give anybody the right to hit anyone. So I think discussing whether she deserved it or was he justiced, is really futile. 
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Yes she kinda deserved it !!