Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

BullsEye777

IF-Sizzlerz

BullsEye777

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:33am | IP Logged
When she realised that Anupamji is vegetarian, why did she not make something quick for him?At least cut some vegetables and give as salad. The poor man was sitting with a clean plate and Sara was discussing as to why he is a vegetarian, etc.. Thankfully he managed to eat the dessert.

Why do celebs not realise that India has lots of vegetarians and make sure there is at least one dish for them? Normally at home when we are not sure, we err on the side of caution and make more veg dishes 

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12yeshhhhdivyababuRias sharmaojas143changumangu123preetianand21-Rachel-valeyrieMashiatMimosatulsi003pps_ppsPicasso9irene_cNirjhor105cuty_knomad.nessRani48786PinkibewafaShehreen_27--Saina--smallwonderDreamygal301rekrnSunshine797GundayVedantNishita123maanluvsgeetSnigdha_Khanamsnowflake.Shru77Samraat_92SunShine_Aruky786Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sara Khan as host" in Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pps_pps

pps_pps

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Food is not the theme of the show that is what i believe. Till now no one have really complimented/commented on food. The best part is no one have even scored on the basis of food and hospitality. Its just drama, controversies and bitching they rate on.

I have seen few episodes of the UK version "come dine with me" and the show is actually based on cooking and entertainment. The CVs have copied small things from the uk version like the background voice over but they have not done justice to the main theme that is food and hospitality which every host should do and rated on.

Somehow i am loosing interest on the show because of the extra dramatisationCry

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

kshitu_20kshailyyeshhhhRias sharmaMashiatMimosaraj-avinvaleyrietajbuttNirjhor105nomad.nessFaultInOurStarskooliioDreamygal301BullsEye777snowflake.Samraat_92ruky786

Baingan

IF-Sizzlerz

Baingan

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Sara has failed as host.Whatever be veg too should be there.Poor  sajjanji had only desert.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

yeshhhhRias sharmachangumangu123irene_ckooliiomaanluvsgeetSunshine797BullsEye777Samraat_92ruky786

Dreamygal301

IF-Sizzlerz

Dreamygal301

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Bullseye,

In the original concept of 'Come dine with me', people's personal requirement is taken into consideration so the meal is planned around it. I am not indian but even to me its obvious that all meals should have a veggie option because even I know many indian are vegetarian so to make no food for them is so glaringly obvious, its the height of unhospitality.

Anyhow after last week my interest is waning. This show is not about food but more about people marking because of grudges/dislikes/jealousy...its so obvious many are on it just for the exposure so the fe genuine ones get lost in all the melodrama and the food which is supposed to be the star is not even discussed.

And that Ram Kapoor do not even get me started...he asks questions but never delves into it, in fact he stops them in the middle for a ad break!!! (last week with Giselle the the 2 D's, what a cop out!!).

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12kshailyyeshhhhRias sharmaAndjeniebanglesvaleyrienomad.nessmarch2011Sunshine797BullsEye777SofnaSamraat_92ruky786Howlarious

pippa

IF-Dazzler

pippa

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged
I don't get the purpose of the show really.

No guest or host in India behaves like this normally...Aditi Devo Bhava is the bottom line.

So, how did the makers think this show would be accepted by Indians especially when neither the host/s nor the guest/s is behaving well.

Transporting foreign shows into India is fine but it should have the desi tadka...and I don't think the tadka needs to be all about backbiting, bitching and bad-mouthing.

Today, not much was said about the food per se...and Sara's hosting left much to be desired.

Having said all of the above, it's still a fun show seeing many of them making fools of themselves and being unmasked. This voyeurism on our part gives us all a kick...that's what the viewer seems to be getting in the absence of having the power to vote the contestants out.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

raj-avinvaleyriePicasso9saarahkhannSofnaBullsEye777Samraat_92

BullsEye777

IF-Sizzlerz

BullsEye777

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dreamygal301

Bullseye,

In the original concept of 'Come dine with me', people's personal requirement is taken into consideration so the meal is planned around it. I am not indian but even to me its obvious that all meals should have a veggie option because even I know many indian are vegetarian so to make no food for them is so glaringly obvious, its the height of unhospitality.

Anyhow after last week my interest is waning. This show is not about food but more about people marking because of grudges/dislikes/jealousy...its so obvious many are on it just for the exposure so the fe genuine ones get lost in all the melodrama and the food which is supposed to be the star is not even discussed.

And that Ram Kapoor do not even get me started...he asks questions but never delves into it, in fact he stops them in the middle for a ad break!!! (last week with Giselle the the 2 D's, what a cop out!!).

I agree with you. I have watched 'Come dine with me' and anyone who even tries to sell this show as the Indian version should be beaten up. I must check how long an episode of CDME is, as everything as I feel I am involved in the whole process and food is the hero.. Here, the only time when food is mentioned is during the menu reading time, for people to do nakhra at the table  and to show us that the host was inconsiderate towards vegetarians.

Regarding Ram Kapoor, you don't want to get started but I ranted and raved in a thread that I opened on Saturday. LOL  He is the most useless decorative piece I have seen on a show after that girl in Comedy CircusLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rias sharmastardust2011banglesDreamygal301

BullsEye777

IF-Sizzlerz

BullsEye777

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pippa

I don't get the purpose of the show really.

No guest or host in India behaves like this normally...Aditi Devo Bhava is the bottom line.

So, how did the makers think this show would be accepted by Indians especially when neither the host/s nor the guest/s is behaving well.

Transporting foreign shows into India is fine but it should have the desi tadka...and I don't think the tadka needs to be all about backbiting, bitching and bad-mouthing.

Today, not much was said about the food per se...and Sara's hosting left much to be desired.

Having said all of the above, it's still a fun show seeing many of them making fools of themselves and being unmasked. This voyeurism on our part gives us all a kick...that's what the viewer seems to be getting in the absence of having the power to vote the contestants out.

Which is why so many people feel this whole show is scripted. I mean otherwise it is as if so-called celebs in India live to just comment and bitch about random strangers.. I guess all these have-beens are the ones coming on this show and behaving so idiotically as they know they do not have any career left and so why put up an actConfused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rias sharma

BullsEye777

IF-Sizzlerz

BullsEye777

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyothi-m

Sara has failed as host.Whatever be veg too should be there.Poor  sajjanji had only desert.

Sajjanji looks like the only sane one in this group. But he also goes mad after all the non-veg stuff and one day lands up with his own tiffin (as per precap)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rias sharmairene_c

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.