Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Livid. Fuming. Rage. (Page 5)

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina2010

I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

Gul has a fancy for dark characters.Ermm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

WhenInRometrina2010...Tanu...

KaranSurbhi.DMG Senior Member
KaranSurbhi.DMG
KaranSurbhi.DMG

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
I'm in disbelief.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rockerchic

nikolai_gogol Goldie
nikolai_gogol
nikolai_gogol

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged

I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

There are bound to be people who can accept it, who have difficult accepting it and who outright reject it. It's interesting to know the POV of all. I have to agree with you that this particular scene brought out a lot of flaws/ shades in Asad's character. If a tragedy is played without the underlying suffering it falls flat. And Asad's total disregard of Zoya pulls him into the grey zone.

adeeti10Rockerchictrina2010

trina2010 IF-Rockerz
trina2010
trina2010

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Barun-Arnav

I'm in disbelief.
AAK can give ASR a run for his money in immorality. LOL

Rockerchicpri_armaan...Tanu...

MisHumptyDumpty IF-Sizzlerz
MisHumptyDumpty
MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:24am | IP Logged
LIKE your Signature says. 
"No speech is ever considered, but only the speaker. It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea." 

hope i made a point clear. No offences made.

Wish you a good night. 

sochonatrina2010Rockerchic

nikolai_gogol Goldie
nikolai_gogol
nikolai_gogol

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TabassumR

Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.

I dont know about lame but it indeed would be funnyBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rockerchic

trina2010 IF-Rockerz
trina2010
trina2010

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikolai_gogol

There are bound to be people who can accept it, who have difficult accepting it and who outright reject it. It's interesting to know the POV of all. I have to agree with you that this particular scene brought out a lot of flaws/ shades in Asad's character. If a tragedy is played without the underlying suffering it falls flat. And Asad's total disregard of Zoya pulls him into the grey zone.
Yeh thappad Bahut hi BHARI padega Asad ko.
I am hoping for some really hard redemption phase for Akdu Asad Khan. Lets hope this time Gul doesn't dissappoint us.
mizzneetu Goldie
mizzneetu
mizzneetu

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged
No freaking way ! I haven't seen the epi yet, but reading about the slap has definitely made me mad ! Wth ! Okay Asad was mad, but must they promote violence against women? I thought the whole point of Zoya standing up for Najma at her college was to promote the end of oppression of Indian women. Now wth is this about Asad actually slapping Zoya. At least the guys only got to teasing Najma and nothing as severe as something physical. Its understandable that an angry Indian male can do something like this and they do all the time I'm assuming, BUT shouldn't the show refrain from promoting it in order to help change society ? 
I understand Asad was mad and running on high emotions, but the screenwriters could have portrayed that anger a lot better than having him result to slapping her. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_SomerholicRockerchic

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index