Qubool Hai

Livid. Fuming. Rage. (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 16

trina2010

IF-Rockerz

trina2010

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nikolai_gogol...Tanu...RockerchicPeeves.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Livid. Fuming. Rage. (Page 4)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rahmona_pakswe

IF-Sizzlerz

rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Asad's anger is justified...his thapad is not!

And this is coming from a mouth of a mature woman with a pre-teen daughter. Under no circumstances do I accept physical abuse.  

I know what it's like to be angry on the verge of going absolutely bonkers. My daughter has given me great experience but every time she riles me up I WALK AWAY!!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_Somerholicnikolai_gogolWhenInRomenebunatrina2010...Tanu...Rockerchicpri_armaan

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rockerchic

Originally posted by narangi314

Originally posted by Rockerchic

Originally posted by narangi314

Abso-freakin-lutely NOT okay with it.

I've said my piece on another thread, but I'll say it again here. This is regressive TV at it's worst. It seeks to normalize and justify violence against women, and what's even more obscene is that it tries to portray such violent acts as part of romance.

I feel quite strongly that we should resist such "entertainment".

you nailed it. my point exactly. anything for TRPs i guess. 

That is even more sick and twisted. We need to stop consuming this crap. If the past 2 months have taught us anything it is that we ought to be political about our choices as viewers/consumers and refuse to give our time to such nonsense.
But thats the difficult bit isn't it? Im shallow enough to continue watching because i enjoy romance Ouch

But that's exactly the point isn't it...Why are we accepting this as romance? 
This is teaching young women that if a man treats you roughly, then it's all part of romance! It isn't! It isn't heathy! Cycle of abuse (abuse-apology-abuse-apology) does not equal romance!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

nishkaaSu_Somerholicnikolai_gogolnebunaWhenInRome...Tanu...Rockerchic

TabassumR

TabassumR

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Su_Somerholicnikolai_gogolnarangi314S.Stephy...Tanu...Rockerchicpri_armaan

ksn1

Groupbie

ksn1

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Go Girl!!! Totally with u ... there r so many ways of expressing anger... hitting a woman is not one of them.
Totally irresponsible screenplay AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rockerchicpri_armaan

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TabassumR

Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.

OMG! Yes!
Yup! Regressive regressive and more regressive! and not to mention terribly unoriginal! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10Rockerchic

Rockerchic

IF-Rockerz

Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

Asad's anger is justified...his thapad is not!

And this is coming from a mouth of a mature woman with a pre-teen daughter. Under no circumstances do I accept physical abuse.  

I know what it's like to be angry on the verge of going absolutely bonkers. My daughter has given me great experience but every time she riles me up I WALK AWAY!!!

Very well put. Clap

kundra

Goldie

kundra

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I wish he hadn't slapped her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rockerchic

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.