Qubool Hai

Livid. Fuming. Rage. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 16

Madame_Noddy

IF-Dazzler

Madame_Noddy

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
ur right. whtever the reason may be, nobody has the right to physical abuse regardless of gender...the CVs r totally ruining asad's character now and zoya shud immediately move of the house... Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sana70Rockerchic

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Livid. Fuming. Rage. (Page 3)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nebuna

IF-Dazzler

nebuna

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
violence over women is just not justified under any circumstances
moreover justifying this act speaks about current status of women
and i am surprised
they will bring in extreme situations to make him repent
this happened in their previous show too
first abuse and then apology then again abuse

Edited by nebuna - 04 February 2013 at 10:53am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_SomerholictnusredeyRockerchicpri_armaan

Rockerchic

IF-Rockerz

Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by delena90

Originally posted by Rockerchic

Originally posted by delena90

No I am not ok with it at all. But to me it's not a man-woman thing. I just do not appreciate the need for it regardless of gender.

I agree to some extent.

Of course it's about a man hitting a woman. 

You do not hit a person who cannot hit you back. or better put who cannot stop you from hitting. 

Women do hit back. There are many women who are learning to stand-up to their so called husbands when they get beaten. For me it's a simple fact that violence unless done in self-defense is just not done. You do not hit a child (parent or not), you do not hit a woman, you do not hit a man (btw there are many men who could be considered as weaker...it's a generalization to assume all men are strong) and you do not hit the elderly!

I dont agree with you and it would take too long to explain why but yes why tread the difficult ground? Nobody hits nobody.

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by narangi314

Abso-freakin-lutely NOT okay with it.

I've said my piece on another thread, but I'll say it again here. This is regressive TV at it's worst. It seeks to normalize and justify violence against women, and what's even more obscene is that it tries to portray such violent acts as part of romance.

I feel quite strongly that we should resist such "entertainment".

you nailed it. my point exactly. anything for TRPs i guess. 

That is even more sick and twisted. We need to stop consuming this crap. If the past 2 months have taught us anything it is that we ought to be political about our choices as viewers/consumers and refuse to give our time to such nonsense.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Su_SomerholicSana70tnusredeyRockerchic

Rockerchic

IF-Rockerz

Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RandomSquared

I am just so disappointed in the writers for taking a character like Asad who despite his faults I really liked and respected just for his personality. Taking him and just destroying him.  It is never okay for a man to hit a girl. Under any circumstance. 

Plus...its makes no sense bc Asad grew up with a single mom and a sister. He should have more respect for a woman than anyone else in the show.  

And of course its a gender issue bc if Zoya was a man or Asad was a woman wwe wud never be having this convo. The slap wasnt wrong..I wud have slapped Zoya too. BUT its unacceptable for any man to hit a woman. 

This is an excellent point! thanks for bringing it up. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pri_armaan

Rockerchic

IF-Rockerz

Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikolai_gogol

Well honestly, I read about it in the forum and didnt believe it or thought about it.  While watching the epi after it happened I closed the laptop and couldn't watch further. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to watch the series till the issue is tackled(Asad apologizing or something) so this week's episodes are a goner. Hello SUITSLOL

In my head if I try really hard to justify it I could say that in repressed land of Indian TV dramas it might happen and Indian audiences might accept it and it might be necessary to pave way for the future twists that are planned. Even from POV of Asad he wasn't in his right mind and he's an indian male. But the fact remains that I cant watch such a series. Maybe romance is all I can handle(in indian soap operas). And you don't kill somebody if he killed ur mom but then again that also happens in Indian soapsLOL

anything goes in indian soaps because we buy pretty much all the crap thrown at as LOL 

Edited by Rockerchic - 04 February 2013 at 11:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pri_armaan

nebuna

IF-Dazzler

nebuna

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged

I've said my piece on another thread, but I'll say it again here. This is regressive TV at it's worst. It seeks to normalize and justify violence against women, and what's even more obscene is that it tries to portray such violent acts as part of romance.

That is even more sick and twisted. We need to stop consuming this crap. If the past 2 months have taught us anything it is that we ought to be political about our choices as viewers/consumers and refuse to give our time to such nonsense.

very true but that wont happen
when women are being abused physically or mentally
thats when trps sky rocket
really hope people really take things into hand and put a full stop to this 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Su_Somerholicnarangi314tnusredeyRockerchicpri_armaan

Rockerchic

IF-Rockerz

Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:08am | IP Logged

But thats the difficult bit isn't it? Im shallow enough to continue watching because i enjoy romance Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10narangi314

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.