Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sigmundfreud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: iqbal-pallavi

Your right it's not a man women issue but if you read some of the post a lot of people have mentioned that the issue is violence. No matter what the situation it is WRONG to hit another person if it's not for self-defence. I understand the position Asad's in, I really do - he wanted to let out that anger, that steam and yes he does blame Zoya but he could have let it out differently, there was no need to slap her. 

Why use violence when there's other methods?

And anyone who could be violent without thinking twice, I for one have no respect for them.

yup.. u r ryt... actually i also got stunned when he slapped zoya.. dats y i mentioned i partially blame asad.. coz physical violence is definitely nt supported.. but sumtimes i think when we love sumone from our core of the heart and when we see them in pain.. its very difficult to control ourselves.. if sumone harms zoya inj future i think asad will react d same.. :)
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
He was angry...he was worried for her mother...he wasnt really thinking...so m fyne with it..
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree!! The slap can never be justified. No matter, how much ever angry Asad was on Zoya, he could have used his words or asked her to leave the house... but actually going to the extent of slapping her is so not done.

If Zoya was slapped by some villain (lets say someone like Akram), then no one would be justifying it. Here the slap is being justified because Asad is supposed to be the hero of the story. And once the misunderstanding is cleared, this matter will just be brushed under the carpet, and Zoya will go back to staying in Asad's house and doing her comedy as if nothing happened..🤢.

In the Indian society, where woman-beating many a  times is considered ok by men (and even women)... where woman-beating gets justified  by saying 'it was done in the heat of the moment', 'he couldn't control his anger' or 'she deserved it'... its sad to see this show too supporting this regressive attitude instead of condemning such an act.
Yazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sigmundfreud

yup.. u r ryt... actually i also got stunned when he slapped zoya.. dats y i mentioned i partially blame asad.. coz physical violence is definitely nt supported.. but sumtimes i think when we love sumone from our core of the heart and when we see them in pain.. its very difficult to control ourselves.. if sumone harms zoya inj future i think asad will react d same.. :)

You know when people say stuff like 'sometimes you can't CONTROL your actions'  I believe that's a load of crap, you may not agree with me but that's what I firmly believe in. I was watching this show, it's an Islamic debate show and there the scholar was talking about control and he had mentioned that Allah has given everyone the strength to control their actions, it up to the person to either step back and do the right thing or to let loose their rage.

Asad could have controlled himself if he wanted to, but he hadn't wanted to - it all comes down to choices at the end and Asad chose to slap Zoya, you can't blame the situation, you can't blame it on his lack of control. He wanted to slap her therefore he did.
-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Hey guys,

Topic Closed for review. QH Dev Team