Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

Asad's anger is justified...his thapad is not!

And this is coming from a mouth of a mature woman with a pre-teen daughter. Under no circumstances do I accept physical abuse.  

I know what it's like to be angry on the verge of going absolutely bonkers. My daughter has given me great experience but every time she riles me up I WALK AWAY!!!

Very well put. 👏
kundra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I wish he hadn't slapped her.
Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: trina2010

I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

Gul has a fancy for dark characters.🤔
nikolai_gogol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: trina2010

I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

There are bound to be people who can accept it, who have difficult accepting it and who outright reject it. It's interesting to know the POV of all. I have to agree with you that this particular scene brought out a lot of flaws/ shades in Asad's character. If a tragedy is played without the underlying suffering it falls flat. And Asad's total disregard of Zoya pulls him into the grey zone.
trina2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
AAK can give ASR a run for his money in immorality. 😆
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
LIKE your Signature says. 
"No speech is ever considered, but only the speaker. It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea." 

hope i made a point clear. No offences made.

Wish you a good night. 
nikolai_gogol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TabassumR

Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.

I dont know about lame but it indeed would be funny😃
trina2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: nikolai_gogol

There are bound to be people who can accept it, who have difficult accepting it and who outright reject it. It's interesting to know the POV of all. I have to agree with you that this particular scene brought out a lot of flaws/ shades in Asad's character. If a tragedy is played without the underlying suffering it falls flat. And Asad's total disregard of Zoya pulls him into the grey zone.

Yeh thappad Bahut hi BHARI padega Asad ko.
I am hoping for some really hard redemption phase for Akdu Asad Khan. Lets hope this time Gul doesn't dissappoint us.
mizzneetu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
No freaking way ! I haven't seen the epi yet, but reading about the slap has definitely made me mad ! Wth ! Okay Asad was mad, but must they promote violence against women? I thought the whole point of Zoya standing up for Najma at her college was to promote the end of oppression of Indian women. Now wth is this about Asad actually slapping Zoya. At least the guys only got to teasing Najma and nothing as severe as something physical. Its understandable that an angry Indian male can do something like this and they do all the time I'm assuming, BUT shouldn't the show refrain from promoting it in order to help change society ? 
I understand Asad was mad and running on high emotions, but the screenwriters could have portrayed that anger a lot better than having him result to slapping her. 
Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: MisHumptyDumpty

LIKE your Signature says. 

"No speech is ever considered, but only the speaker. It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea." 

hope i made a point clear. No offences made.

Wish you a good night. 

Im passing judgement on the idea, not on Asad. No offence taken.