Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RandomSquared

I am just so disappointed in the writers for taking a character like Asad who despite his faults I really liked and respected just for his personality. Taking him and just destroying him.  It is never okay for a man to hit a girl. Under any circumstance. 

Plus...its makes no sense bc Asad grew up with a single mom and a sister. He should have more respect for a woman than anyone else in the show.  

And of course its a gender issue bc if Zoya was a man or Asad was a woman wwe wud never be having this convo. The slap wasnt wrong..I wud have slapped Zoya too. BUT its unacceptable for any man to hit a woman. 

This is an excellent point! thanks for bringing it up. 
Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikolai_gogol

Well honestly, I read about it in the forum and didnt believe it or thought about it.  While watching the epi after it happened I closed the laptop and couldn't watch further. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to watch the series till the issue is tackled(Asad apologizing or something) so this week's episodes are a goner. Hello SUITSπŸ˜†

In my head if I try really hard to justify it I could say that in repressed land of Indian TV dramas it might happen and Indian audiences might accept it and it might be necessary to pave way for the future twists that are planned. Even from POV of Asad he wasn't in his right mind and he's an indian male. But the fact remains that I cant watch such a series. Maybe romance is all I can handle(in indian soap operas). And you don't kill somebody if he killed ur mom but then again that also happens in Indian soapsπŸ˜†

anything goes in indian soaps because we buy pretty much all the crap thrown at as πŸ˜† 
Edited by Rockerchic - 11 years ago
nebuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: narangi314

That is even more sick and twisted. We need to stop consuming this crap. If the past 2 months have taught us anything it is that we ought to be political about our choices as viewers/consumers and refuse to give our time to such nonsense.

very true but that wont happen
when women are being abused physically or mentally
thats when trps sky rocket
really hope people really take things into hand and put a full stop to this 

Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: narangi314

That is even more sick and twisted. We need to stop consuming this crap. If the past 2 months have taught us anything it is that we ought to be political about our choices as viewers/consumers and refuse to give our time to such nonsense.

But thats the difficult bit isn't it? Im shallow enough to continue watching because i enjoy romance 
trina2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I am not OK with the slap  but it is done. There is no point talking about it .I am no Asad fan but as much as I resent Asad slapping Zoya  I must say that it is a story, a very dark story and AAK a dark protagonist. Don't throw me chappals but as long as I get to see Asad getting punished for his hotheadedness and immorality I am going to hold my judgement regarding this particular scene.

Asad's anger is justified...his thapad is not!

And this is coming from a mouth of a mature woman with a pre-teen daughter. Under no circumstances do I accept physical abuse.  

I know what it's like to be angry on the verge of going absolutely bonkers. My daughter has given me great experience but every time she riles me up I WALK AWAY!!!
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

But thats the difficult bit isn't it? Im shallow enough to continue watching because i enjoy romance 

But that's exactly the point isn't it...Why are we accepting this as romance? 
This is teaching young women that if a man treats you roughly, then it's all part of romance! It isn't! It isn't heathy! Cycle of abuse (abuse-apology-abuse-apology) does not equal romance!

TabassumR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.
ksn1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Go Girl!!! Totally with u ... there r so many ways of expressing anger... hitting a woman is not one of them.
Totally irresponsible screenplay 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TabassumR

Agree. I understand rage, jumping to conclusions and even the usual, get out and never come back ever kind of scenario, but violence is NOT acceptable. If dark and twisty is what the writers were aiming for, they failed, this came across as crass, offensive and so blatantly insensitive given the whole violence and women debate that the past few months have opened up. I soon expect that in a moment of self-flagellation, Asad will burn his hand sometime in the next few episodes. Which will be lame, was a familiar plot device used in Hindi movies in the 80s and 90s.

OMG! Yes!
Yup! Regressive regressive and more regressive! and not to mention terribly unoriginal!