India-Forums

Livid. Fuming. Rage.

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Not Asad.

Me.

I can't even frame a coherent post right now.

Gul, you said you always wanted to have darker story line.

Wish puri hui?

Ab kush ho?

You couldn't do it before so you did it with QH.

Finally.

What a relief it must be for you. *claps* 

This isn't about Asad's anger being justified. 

A man under no circumstance has a right to lift his hand on a woman. 

You could have used words. The crudest of abuses. Anything. 

But physical violence. Not done

If people accept this, it shows how repressed our society is. And that really pains me.

In any case, it's a daily soap right? I'm obviously taking things too seriously. But right now I'm livid and after all as per logic anything goes when someone is angry right? So me hating is totally justified. *roll's eyes* 

Please spare me the Asad is justified because Dilshad is dying defence. 

I'm not questioning the anger or Asad, I'm questioning the screenplay.    

-RC

Edited by Rockerchic - 04 February 2013 at 1:20pm

The following 76 member(s) liked the above post:

HoTSHeLL4wacky1990PommePommejugnumanasvi.newyorkgirlmotherhenAphroditefallenladyhobbesMahika24sjnpashwakesddkingsingsongsayLilMissMoodyDesigirl144razor12sorchaKaranSurbhi.DMGsuchishahtishmafee-feeTabassumRSu_SomerholicpanckerrahAalia_A-tehreem-rani2007coolfirehavokhotlinenikolai_gogolSaimaa.Hadeeti10Meselfnotagainteddy25Meghipkmaanaapoorvaarnavtvbug2011latanziaWhenInRomebarsitaSunriseGreenS.Stephy-Racha-whatthewhatshaz2009anurao.66deejayaqueelShell16Enigma.Fantasia_junkienebunairia_luvsLindordmg2c-Yaz-prabbsRandomSquaredSweetAddiction.rahmona_pakswepri_armaanMephistoICatzHarshPreeIFatima_QPeraltaGarranty.Kiran.Peeves.-.serendipity.-stg1...Tanu...KulfiBaiGodhuliLogonshanakyasharanAreYaar

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:35am | IP Logged

So everyone is okay with the slap? 

I'm not talking about Asad but everyone here is totally cool with a man slapping a woman on television? 

You're okay with that sort of a screenplay? Again this isn't about Asad being angry, they could have shown anything but physical violence and I would have made a post about how wonderful the acting was instead of this. 

Edited by Rockerchic - 04 February 2013 at 10:31am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpAphroditefallenSu_Somerholicapoorvaarnavhavokhotlineinajnarnikolai_gogolWhenInRomeprabbsnebunaanurao.66-Yaz-pri_armaanKulfiBai...Tanu...shanakyasharan

delena90 IF-Sizzlerz
delena90
delena90

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:39am | IP Logged
No I am not ok with it at all. But to me it's not a man-woman thing. I just do not appreciate the need for it regardless of gender.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommenikkipunjsjnpAphroditefallenSu_SomerholicWhenInRome-Racha--happilyunknown-Yaz-RockerchicGodhuliLogon...Tanu...KulfiBaipri_armaan

nikolai_gogol Goldie
nikolai_gogol
nikolai_gogol

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Well honestly, I read about it in the forum and didnt believe it or thought about it.  While watching the epi after it happened I closed the laptop and couldn't watch further. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to watch the series till the issue is tackled(Asad apologizing or something) so this week's episodes are a goner. Hello SUITSLOL

In my head if I try really hard to justify it I could say that in repressed land of Indian TV dramas it might happen and Indian audiences might accept it and it might be necessary to pave way for the future twists that are planned. Even from POV of Asad he wasn't in his right mind and he's an indian male. But the fact remains that I cant watch such a series. Maybe romance is all I can handle(in indian soap operas). And you don't kill somebody if he killed ur mom but then again that also happens in Indian soapsLOL

Edited by nikolai_gogol - 04 February 2013 at 10:45am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Su_SomerholicSana70adeeti10WhenInRomeRockerchicGodhuliLogonKulfiBai...Tanu...pri_armaan

-Racha- IF-Dazzler
-Racha-
-Racha-

What Can I say...I am still in utter shock and disbelief :(

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fee-feenikolai_gogol-Yaz-RockerchicKulfiBai...Tanu...pri_armaan

tvbug2011 IF-Dazzler
tvbug2011
tvbug2011

The slap was TOTALLY unacceptable. I hope Zoya walks out of the house asap.
First the PH gives us such a strongly feminist 'modern' character like Zoya, whom young women can look up to, then the PH has her slapped by her 'love', so hard that she cuts her hand and bleeds. So now we are taught that violence by your 'love' is okay!
Asad can't apologise enough for this. He could have evicted her. Yelled at her. Thrown things around her. Yes even smashed the wall. But slapped her!!! Zoya should walk!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommemanasvi.AphroditefallensjnpMahika24sorchaSu_Somerholicfee-feeSana70vgedinRockerchic-Yaz-GodhuliLogon...Tanu...Peeves.KulfiBai

adeeti10 Goldie
adeeti10
adeeti10

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Absolutely hated it! We're truly on our way to butchering Asad's character like they did with ASR in IPK when he threw Khushi out of the room and made her sleep out in the cold on their wedding day.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommeSu_Somerholicrazor12tvbug2011nebunaRockerchicGodhuliLogonKulfiBaidelena90neenabinu...Tanu...

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Abso-freakin-lutely NOT okay with it.

I've said my piece on another thread, but I'll say it again here. This is regressive TV at it's worst. It seeks to normalize and justify violence against women, and what's even more obscene is that it tries to portray such violent acts as part of romance.

I feel quite strongly that we should resist such "entertainment".

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommesjnpMahika24sorchaSu_Somerholictvbug2011RockerchicGodhuliLogon...Tanu...pri_armaanKulfiBai

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index