Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

80s brigade: Sunny,Anil, Sanju - who's better? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

Real.Madrid

IF-Sizzlerz

Real.Madrid

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karan.

i have grown up watching them before and even Khans.i would like to add Govinda too.i dont agree that people forget about them.maybe here in IF as the most members are young and NRI.

I being a NRI have watched more movies of Govinda, Anil, Sanju and Sunny than those of the Khans or Bachchans! Especially with Punjabi family around me.. it was always Sunny Paji who had the most fans LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

atominisSharif.Badmaash

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "80s brigade: Sunny,Anil, Sanju - who's better? (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
@Amara_B

Tiger Shroff and Karan Deol look like a joke. Especially the former. No idea if they'll make it.

Ajay and Akshay gained prominence later? FYI, Ajay's Phool Aur Kaante (1st film) was superhit and his films like Jigar, Dilwale, Suhaag, Vijaypath, Diljale, Haqeeqat, Pyar Toh Hona Hi Tha, Ishq, Major Saab, HDDCS were successes. (His films like Jigar, Phool Aur Kaante, Pyar toh hona hi tha made more than Aamir's films like JJWS, DHKMN, Ghulam)
He had Company and Legend of Bhagat Singh in 2002. It's not like he gained prominence from Omkara only and was nowhere before that.
Akshay had lot of successes like Mohra, Khiladi, Sabse Bada Khiladi, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi before Hera Pheri. But he picked up tremendously in 2000s, especially 2007.

I think Sanjay killed his own career. Anil, Jackie, Sunny started to seem older. Sunny did very well till 1997.

90s was complete overhaul of Bollywood (and even India due to liberalisation, advent of satellite TV, growth of fashion) and maybe 80s guys didn't fit into it both age-wise and the way they handled their careers. Who knows they'd have survived better if they had done family oriented films in urban and opulent settings?

Jackie and Sunny let their looks dwindle and that was their undoing. Jackie's hairline seemed to have receded sooner. Sunny started looking overweight by late 90s.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Amara_BFrancoReal.Madrid

Amara_B

Amara_B

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
^^^ Not prominence; the same amount of fame as the Khans. I mean the way they're always put in the same categories as the Khans now, I didn't really think they were before Hera Pheri for Akshay, and Omkara for Ajay. They're amazingly popular now, and never thought they were before. I remember my mum constantly saying Ajay is so underrated; and my dad going on about Akshay being better than SRK but not appreciated as much. Then Suddenly around 2005 everyone loved them, and they were giving major hits one after the other. But yea I could be wrong.

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Sunny, Anil & Sanju always take precedence in my house over the Khans. LOL

I love them, Sunny Deol's Lootere with Juhi Chawala is one of my favorites. Blushing Anil Kapoor in Mr. India and Sanju in Khalnayak & Saajan.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBani

Franco

IF-Sizzlerz

Franco

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amara_B

^^^ Not prominence; the same amount of fame as the Khans. I mean the way they're always put in the same categories as the Khans now, I didn't really think they were before Hera Pheri for Akshay, and Omkara for Ajay. They're amazingly popular now, and never thought they were before. I remember my mum constantly saying Ajay is so underrated; and my dad going on about Akshay being better than SRK but not appreciated as much. Then Suddenly around 2005 everyone loved them, and they were giving major hits one after the other. But yea I could be wrong.

That has to do with Media/PR . They always talked about the hits of Khans even though other actors had hits but it was never talked about.

Even Akshay admitted he had several hit films and he never publicised it and that was a mistake.
The way his 2007 year was on every channel

Amara_B-Robin-

guess_wh0

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sharif.Badmaash

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bambogli

ROFL ROFL ROFL WTH... The guy can't read Hindi, can't read Marathi...  I didn't even get half of his gaaliyaan... still my facial muscles are hurting  LOL

Such a gem nahin? Can't believe you'd missed it. :D That particular word Mausichi... trended on twitter for a day. LOL

crazy4fawadbambogli

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yankees

Sunny, Anil & Sanju always take precedence in my house over the Khans. LOL

I love them, Sunny Deol's Lootere with Juhi Chawala is one of my favorites. Blushing Anil Kapoor in Mr. India and Sanju in Khalnayak & Saajan.

Also, Sanjay Dutt in Sadak. Day Dreaming LOL Salman Khan was second fiddle to deadly Dutt in Saajan.

Sunny Deol in Damini. Whattay performance! Star

Anil was good but was never a looker. I loved him in 'Voh saat din'.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Amara_Bcrazy4fawadYankees

Post Reply New Post

Go to top