Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

80s brigade: Sunny,Anil, Sanju - who's better? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:56am | IP Logged

It has to be Jackie Shroff and Anil Kapoor for me. As a little kid my favorite movies were Hero and Yudh. Not only did I watch them umpteen times. My parents would play the soundtrack every morning and that would cause me to wake up. Later on I was enamored by Ram Lakhan and all the bromantic stuff they did together.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazy4fawadatominis

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "80s brigade: Sunny,Anil, Sanju - who's better? (Page 5)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bambogli

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

FullyFaltoo.MithiBaniSharif.Badmaash

Tiyali

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FullyFaltoo.bambogli

.nimmi.

IF-Dazzler

.nimmi.

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

@nimmi and @tere_mere

I know Mithun and Govinda were popular dancing stars but I wanted to know who was better at box office and where they stood in comparison to likes of Sunny, Anil, Sanjay, Jackie?

I've read Jackie won some most handsome guy polls in 1980s. Must've been popular as a hottie then.

Mithun was way before govinda. and i think he was already on the wane. i mean how long will people watch maa and behen ka badla kinda movies.
govinda simply dethroned him as a dancing star with his street dancer song and moves.

so cant compare their box office tracks.Smile.

each of these guys had their own genre.

sunny gave back to back hits with ghayal, jeet, some other odds topping with gadar.
sanjay was at peak with khalnayak (his hair do was a rage) then he got arrested.
anil will probably stay the same when i will watch him on screen a decade later. and keep on acting.
govinda hit the jackpot with david dhawan.

each one of this guys were considered as number one at point of their career.Smile(maybe not anil kapoor. not sure)

yes! jackie should have been more successful considering he indeed was a stud. his and anil kapoor bromance was a sure shot hit formula. he choose to stick to ghai camp raerly venturing out. yaadein finished him off.

.nimmi.

IF-Dazzler

.nimmi.

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tere_mere

Jackie was the STUD of 80s..any1 who was asked to name the hottest gy or best dressed guy..would always name Jackie back then. I remember that stardust n all used to b full of this..
Wehn it came to hot guys..he was the winner hands down..

His Movie with subhash Ghai - Hero - was a blockbuster. n then Teri meherbaniyan which i mentioned before was a big hit of 80s.But after that..i dont remember much of jackie in trms of acting..it was his looks n fab body..thats it!...

he was noticed again in ram lakhan n uske baad he played big bro kinda roles..but he was good in them...he  was with Anil Kapoor n they were a a famous pair..however seems they had a fallout n dint work together after that!

Oh my!
are we reading each other's thought?ShockedLOL.

Ditto!

Jackie made bandanas look manly and created a style statement for eras to come. he was a good actor. polished. so his bromance with rugged anil was so appealing.
too bad they called it quits.

Amara_B

Amara_B

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged

Sanjay Dutt is by-far the strongest actor out of all of them. He had the most charisma, amazing star power, and screen presence. He's also tackled some brilliant roles throughout his career, but he was never focused enough to really live up to his full potential.

Anil Kapoor had an amazing run in the 80s. For me he was the most consistent, giving excellent performances in a variety of roles. Woh 7 din, mashaal, Mr India, Karma, Parinda.

So the better actor Sanjay. The best actor who consistently took on good roles and gave excellent performances: Anil.

From the remaining four:

Jackie is the strongest, and I really think he could have been huge if given more leading roles instead of supporting roles. Most of the time he was stuck playing the good cop, or big brother to Anil; which is sad because the man could seriously act, and had charisma.

Followed by him: Govinda. Govinda's career started out really well. He had the looks at the time (he was skinny, even had muscles lol), and he was an excellent dancer (he remains one of the best male dancers in Bollywood), and in the 80s he played challenging roles he wasn't just churning out one mindless comedy after the other.

Mithun and Sunny - they were both pretty average. Mithun was somewhat better than Sunny, but neither of them really gained any real momentum during their careers.

Edited by Amara_B - 04 February 2013 at 9:23am

guess_wh0

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

crazy4fawadatominisFrancoSharif.Badmaash

PhoenixRising

IF-Stunnerz

PhoenixRising

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Anil & Sanju

Post Reply New Post

Go to top