Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Pearls of Wisdom from Raavana

Shakti_Shiva thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Surprised ?? Yes.. despite of his several short comings Raavana is considered a mahapandit. His ten heads represent the 10 shastras he mastered. He is wrote books on medicine, jyotish and vasstu. He wrote Raksha neeti for raakshasas. His descendants still practice his ayurveda in Sri Lanka this day.

The show makers in my view are doing justice to this character. Why do I think this.. well here I go

- as soon as Raavana saw Shiva he realized the the meaning of bhakti. He mentions the Nava Vidha Bhakti.  The most difficult and harder type pf bhakti is atma nivedana, where bhakta sees his lord every where and in every one. He is willing to give away everything he owns for the sake of his lord. 

- the importance of Daanam.. he tells Kuber, Daan pooch kar nahi, apne shradha aur saamardhya ke saath diya jaata hain.. 

I am sure there are more I can't think of much right now, but I am looking forward to hearing these perals of wisdom..

Please do pen down your thoughts..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetal thumbnail

Am NOT surprised...I clearly see your angle of viewing Rawan,your perspective...

Infact even before he appeared in DKDM...the end of ramayan where he says Jai shree Ram...always made me put two & two together...him been shiv bhagat and ram pardoning rawan when rawan was breathing his last...

He surely had positive qualities...
Ranjusha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for this perspective he is very gyaani and the show is highlighting the positive qualities of Ravan which s very good. 
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
superb post as usual.loved it.👏
Nishajos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Anjani another fab post. I quite agree with what you say. Hope to see more insights in to his character in the coming days. 👍🏼
john909 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ravan's character is a classic example for humanity. no matter how learned one is, if pride and ego takes its place instead of bhakti and humility, someone as great as ravan can also fall. he was asur and a brahmin (which is great combination, if you ask me, coz being an asur, he is very powerful and strong and being a brahmin, he has complete knowledge and sanskars on how to use those powers).

shiv strotram sung by ravan is still very popular today. the meaning of that song is ethereal. even ram respected his knowledge and told laxman to gain some knowledge from him when ravan was dying. ravan's biggest fault was he became arrogant. otherwise today he would come after nandi for being shiv's greatest devotee.
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ShaktiG I am agree with your post and also with the comments..

he was indeed a great vakt.. And a wise person filled with wisdom... But, there was other wrong qualities too.. And arrogance was one of that.. Otherwise if we see him as Vakt, he really was a great Shiva Bhakt.. Also thanks for posting..😃
Sindhu_us thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
He is a very learned asur. But what lead to his downfall that he became one of the biggest villain that is burnt every year. Hope this show covers that well in this show. Ravan will have a long innings. 
Anushya93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ya i too like the fact that dkdm is showing the good qualities of ravana..He was a  great scholar,a capable ruler and also a great devotee of Lord Shiva..And he is mainly depicted negatively, kidnapping Rama's wife Sita, to claim vengeance on Rama and his brother Lakshmana for having cut off the nose of his sister Surpanakha.