Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Shakti_Shiva

Groupbie

Shakti_Shiva

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Surprised ?? Yes.. despite of his several short comings Raavana is considered a mahapandit. His ten heads represent the 10 shastras he mastered. He is wrote books on medicine, jyotish and vasstu. He wrote Raksha neeti for raakshasas. His descendants still practice his ayurveda in Sri Lanka this day.

The show makers in my view are doing justice to this character. Why do I think this.. well here I go

- as soon as Raavana saw Shiva he realized the the meaning of bhakti. He mentions the Nava Vidha Bhakti.  The most difficult and harder type pf bhakti is atma nivedana, where bhakta sees his lord every where and in every one. He is willing to give away everything he owns for the sake of his lord. 

- the importance of Daanam.. he tells Kuber, Daan pooch kar nahi, apne shradha aur saamardhya ke saath diya jaata hain.. 

I am sure there are more I can't think of much right now, but I am looking forward to hearing these perals of wisdom..

Please do pen down your thoughts..

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

DialaRanjushaSindhu_usmnx12Nishajoscoolfizzy_Ms.Foxy.Angel_Proud-IndiaMrToolConfuser-Rinky-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pearls of Wisdom from Raavana" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

preetal

Goldie

preetal

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

Am NOT surprised...I clearly see your angle of viewing Rawan,your perspective...

Infact even before he appeared in DKDM...the end of ramayan where he says Jai shree Ram...always made me put two & two together...him been shiv bhagat and ram pardoning rawan when rawan was breathing his last...

He surely had positive qualities...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Shakti_ShivaMrToolConfuserProud-India

Ranjusha

Goldie

Ranjusha

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Thanks for this perspective he is very gyaani and the show is highlighting the positive qualities of Ravan which s very good. 

Shakti_ShivaMrToolConfuserProud-India

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
superb post as usual.loved it.Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shakti_ShivaMrToolConfuser

Nishajos

IF-Dazzler

Nishajos

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Anjani another fab post. I quite agree with what you say. Hope to see more insights in to his character in the coming days. Thumbs Up

foram.

IF-Stunnerz

foram.

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Likd ur post.

john909

Goldie

john909

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
ravan's character is a classic example for humanity. no matter how learned one is, if pride and ego takes its place instead of bhakti and humility, someone as great as ravan can also fall. he was asur and a brahmin (which is great combination, if you ask me, coz being an asur, he is very powerful and strong and being a brahmin, he has complete knowledge and sanskars on how to use those powers).

shiv strotram sung by ravan is still very popular today. the meaning of that song is ethereal. even ram respected his knowledge and told laxman to gain some knowledge from him when ravan was dying. ravan's biggest fault was he became arrogant. otherwise today he would come after nandi for being shiv's greatest devotee.

Shakti_Shivamnx12MrToolConfuser

MrToolConfuser

IF-Sizzlerz

MrToolConfuser

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged
ShaktiG I am agree with your post and also with the comments..

he was indeed a great vakt.. And a wise person filled with wisdom... But, there was other wrong qualities too.. And arrogance was one of that.. Otherwise if we see him as Vakt, he really was a great Shiva Bhakt.. Also thanks for posting..Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shakti_Shiva

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.