Why is RK wanting to leave behind everything?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
When RK asked Madhu if she was willing to come with him if he forsakes his fame and fortune, I had initially thought that RK was merely testing Madhu and was not serious about leaving behind everything and starting life afresh but RK ended up showing he really did mean it . Yes, it was Dip's goading which had got him thinking of forsaking everything but then why is he doing it?

Here is my interpretation.

RK never really wanted to be a star. He was basically living his father's dream for him. After he lost his father to death, his mother to remarriage and his GF to his step brother, he was driven more to realising that dream not only for his father's sake but also to prove a point to Dips.

He let that fame get to his head and it is this arrogance that made him behave so badly with Madhu. When she put him behind bars he just could not digest it since he always thought of himself as invincible. But deep down he knows that all the adulation he gets is for the position he has attained. He tells Madhu that he had reached where he has by out throwing someone else five years ago and soon some else would do the same to him.

Padmini says a beautiful line to Radhaji. When you have nothing, there is no fear of losing anything but when you have everything, you fear of losing it all. RK is at this point. There is a feeling of insecurity which is gripping him and that is what took the better of him when he subjected Madhu to the test. By forsaking everything, he is willingly relinguishing what he may one day lose. This way he feels he can shield himself from that inevitable loss of glory.

Another reason could be he wants to rediscover himself. He is a good painter. He tells Madhu, while showing off their unfinished home, he would like to spend his time painting while he lovingly gazes at his wife. By starting from scratch he will get back that drive to achieve, which at the present moment he may not have as he is already at the top.

Another way of looking at it is he wants to start this second innings with his wife by his side. During his first innings he has attained everything alone. He now wants to walk his life with her, making her an active part of his existence.

Does that sound foolish? Maybe but then RK has always been radical in his thinking and his actions.

I think here he was not prepared !

I really do not understand this CV...they are making this issues sound very complicated to grab TRP that is all I can say...after madhu's parents marriage instead of getting married and going away, he planned a pinic...still his movie is in postproduction and trishna's dream also not fulfilled...on that like a retired man he had made his will also... hope they do not show now lawyer coming with will to tell all that RK has decided to go away and leaving all of u with property...r they serious on this issue????

Originally posted by Opti

Padmini says a beautiful line to Radhaji. When you have nothing, there is no fear of losing anything but when you have everything, you fear of losing it all. RK is at this point. There is a feeling of insecurity which is gripping him and that is what took the better of him when he subjected Madhu to the test. By forsaking everything, he is willingly relinguishing what he may one day lose. This way he feels he can shield himself from that inevitable loss of glory.

Another reason could be he wants to rediscover himself. He is a good painter. He tells Madhu, while showing off their unfinished home, he would like to spend his time painting while he lovingly gazes at his wife. By starting from scratch he will get back that drive to achieve, which at the present moment he may not have as he is already at the top.

Does that sound foolish? Maybe but then RK has always been radical in his thinking and his actions.

is it radical thinking or foolish thinking? ðŸ¤¢ agreed, he wanted to start from scratch, he wants to paint and not act, he dreams of a simple life with only  Madhu and his kids around, but why donate ALL his money for this dream?? he cud have kept a fair share of amount and assets to himself n live his dream, there was no problem !! is he foolish to not understand the importance of money?  if he wants to earn a living bhiksha maang maang ke , that's a seperate issue... le le sanyas. ...from where will that dream house come from? the carpets? the beds? how will  he buy that painting ka saaman?  if his love falls sick, how will he arrange for that expense? saari duniya ka dimag kharab hai ke they r struggling day in and day out to earn a decent living for their families?  i just hope CV's don't this much of nonsense..
I dont think he is ready to leave the comfort life, the current track shows us that😆. He will do anything with Madhu by his side but deep down, he is used to this life style so its gonna be a hard time for him leaving everything behind.

Whatever he has now will not last but Madhus love will last forever..himself said that. Becoming a super star was his fathers dream and I guess he shielded himself behind the starstar tag when Dipz dumped him for being a nothing. Things has changed now, he has madhu who loves him and not his fame and stardom😛.
interesting analysis!!! i feel he has more to lose now that's why he want to leave this filmi world n live as normal person where his loved ones might not be threatened. here he is unable to get such fake ppl out of his life. wiht no money they'll leave him n he can live his life peacefully. i feel it is his insecurity over madhu or shd i say his love that is making him leave everything. Madhu too has her own responsibilities like her family. he cd leave d movie world n live a normal life. there is no need for him to forsake d families. so why does he want to leave them all? his mom, sasuma, sasur all this ppl he does love n respect. so why leave them?

i too am confused by cvs thought process. only thing i cd think was his own insecurity refuses him not to share his only love, madhu. when i heard madhu declare her mom as her parmeshwar, my first thought RK wdn't have liked this!
All very good reasons why, also it could be when you have kids you don't want them to be spoilt brats right, so it's better to have just enough and not excess, so when they grow up they are also earning contributing members of society rather then live off you forever. But all your reasoning is good.
Originally posted by skandi

I really do not understand this CV...they are making this issues sound very complicated to grab TRP that is all I can say...after madhu's parents marriage instead of getting married and going away, he planned a pinic...still his movie is in postproduction and trishna's dream also not fulfilled...on that like a retired man he had made his will also... hope they do not show now lawyer coming with will to tell all that RK has decided to go away and leaving all of u with property...r they serious on this issue????

Only time will tell whether they are are serious on this issue.
I think he is doing all this due to feeling of insecurity. He want Madhu all for himself. And he wants to paint his life with Madhu in new style.
Originally posted by _charu_

is it radical thinking or foolish thinking? ðŸ¤¢ agreed, he wanted to start from scratch, he wants to paint and not act, he dreams of a simple life with only  Madhu and his kids around, but why donate ALL his money for this dream?? he cud have kept a fair share of amount and assets to himself n live his dream, there was no problem !! is he foolish to not understand the importance of money?  if he wants to earn a living bhiksha maang maang ke , that's a seperate issue... le le sanyas. ...from where will that dream house come from? the carpets? the beds? how will  he buy that painting ka saaman?  if his love falls sick, how will he arrange for that expense? saari duniya ka dimag kharab hai ke they r struggling day in and day out to earn a decent living for their families?  i just hope CV's don't this much of nonsense..

Only time will tell whether he was foolish in wanting to leave everything.  Going by the current track he is just beginning to realise what it is to live with the luxuries he is used to.  So will he change his mind? Lets see.