Qubool Hai

Pointing Fingers? Double Standards Much?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

-ShwSha-

IF-Rockerz

-ShwSha-

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

Pointing Figures? Double Standards Much?

Zoya's stupid? She's irrational? She's the reason Dilshaad will possibly die?

Reality Check People...!

Dude Asad kept the whole Magalpur episode from his mother and that was the seed of this entire Venus Fly Trap.

Zoya did the right thing by helping Mariam because where was Asad going to send her? To some relative of Mariam's in Bhopal where she is the least bit safe as her uncle can get there in minutes?

She even followed his orders by sending her out its his mom that brought her back in.

People, wake up! Zoya should be LEAST blamed for this! Review all of the facts, take everything into consideration, and without being bias weigh them out!

Asad almost let Zoya die, but we found loopholes "Oh he wouldn't have been able to save her anyways, he did the right thing by waiting and then saving her," and etc.

But lets face it.

It reality they showed him realizing he needs to save her later. And that is my point, if he had the realization and urge to save her and walked away due to majboori than I would haveno problem at all with him saving her later but no there was no realization, he kept walking feeling like he should do something but not doing it. He didn't not save her then because of majboori he didn't save her then because he was confused.

Forget Zoya, in a moment when ANYONE is being buried alive at least you should feel the urge, and desire to save them really badly and the only thing holding you down could be majboori. All I wanted was him to feel not necessarily act upon his feelings but at least feeling helpless rather than confused.

But no, he was confused, at a moment like this people should be confused its perfectly fine but not about weather they internally, in their minds at least want to save them. And then, the most ridiculous part, out of no where the realization struck him. An epiphany! Out of no where! That he must save her!

I just wanted him to feel that before he started walking away, I could care less when he saved her I just wanted him to feel that, and have his helplessness be the only thing stopping him from acting upon his actions and walking away with his Mamu.

If he had wanted to at least in his mind wanted to save her rather than in a split second getting the memo that he wanted to save her, he wouldn't have been held guilty for this in my eyes at the least.

(Note: I had to edit this part with more bold points because once again people aren't reading the words written they are reading the words they want to see. I am not saying I find him guilty for walking away and saving her later, I am saying I find the fact that he didn't have that moment of epiphany and felt that feeling beforehand when they were burying her alive. I hope you can understand what I'm saying at least now because I don't know how to make this simpler!!!)

But we found loopholes didn't we, and clearly Asad was at fault here but no..., he's beloved Asad he was helpless! I don't care at least he should have seen somes internal turmoil! But I saw confusion and frustration (which are legitimate but not the most apt) rather than internal turmoil and majboori in the scene. But that's just me and that my friends is constructive criticism of a character. 

And what do we think of Zoya? "Zoya's just annoyingly too into other people's business."

Well yes she may be but she has a heart of gold. She's different from other female characters in shows, she fought with that gunman to the best of her ability, she's different. And she wasn't even at fault because I'm pretty sure that gunman was from that bitchy Razia and Mamu anyways.

My point here is that Zoya shouldn't be blamed so harshly and not be accused of "not using her brain" she was not completely at fault.

If Asad wasn't so hell bent on keeping things from his mom, maybe she would have been in on this and the track could have played out completely differently in which Dilshaad would have insisted upon Mariam staying there. But his character portrays the common Indian man mentality to an extent: Keeping things keeps one safe but he like every other man with this mentality doesn't know that it actually puts that "one" in the most danger. I'm not saying he's completely faulty here too but just like he's not 100% responsible neither is Zoya.

If we are willing to overlook Asad's flaws than why accuse Zoya of flaws she doesn't even have?

But if you really want to get nit picky about her then here: she has a golden heart and that's probably her biggest flaw but it shouldn't be confused and misinterpreted by people as nosiness, annoyance, and downright stupidity because she is the last person in this show who those 3 words would fit.

Look into the situation for both characters before smearing the blame on them. Like seriously why this double standard people?

I may have said it before but here we go again, Zoya is the character that caught my eye, I love her to death, she represents everything I believe in and stand for, and she is why I watch this show.

But I'm not bias, when she does something out of character or something that she as a character cannot justify, I'll pick it out. But you should do the same and right now she has done nothing that her character cannot justify.

So before you start pointing fingers look into the matter rather than just saying "I know that but..." you know the facts so don't contradict them with your accusations.

That is all.

-Shweta

PS. This does not mean I don't expect Asad to like... how do I put this lightly... blow the roof on Zoya. I mean his mom possibly died and him (AS A CHARACTER) would be in no state to rationalize things before acting upon anything. So I mean him misunderstanding her is technically not alright but given the situation and his fragile state at the time, its understandable. But you guys (THE FANS) should not and this rant is for the fans not Asad who undoubtedly is going through a lot.

Wow. That's probably the biggest rant I've ever written. LOL Back to work.

Edited by -ForeverYours- - 01 February 2013 at 12:41pm

The following 53 member(s) liked the above post:

HoTSHeLL4coccoraishierrahtishmafee-feeveduj.e.n.n.008Cutiee_Ashh...SankaDevi...JPRulesJosuprasun2011medha16madhubansentastahninArVi-liciouspn_92Syama_LunaKSGlover101notagain_vineeta_Madame_Noddysophie4204ever4lovetvbug2011suds.Santhu.The.Kingnarangi314-Fizzi-Noe123kaussarsparikhABBY_JERANS.H.I.E.L.D.Rach....Tanu...Rockerchic--epiPhobia--raneeb...OohLaLa...Sandy-NazPeraltaGarrantyshewolf.Silentsoulrahmona_paksweNithiya95MoronsKiMallikaDreAsnowflake.shanakyasharanhifzaa.Shru_RK.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pointing Fingers? Double Standards Much?" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shanakyasharan

IF-Stunnerz

shanakyasharan

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
i love u for this shweta...muah!Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

j.e.n.n.008-ShwSha-

MoronsKiMallika

IF-Sizzlerz

MoronsKiMallika

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
There is a set gang here that watches the show only to find faults with Zoe, no matter how much you explain or defend.They are never going to see reason. I don't understand their reasons - maybe they are not used to seeing or being empowered gutsy women.

But overall, the forum loves Zoe as you can see from so many individual posts on her and Asad-Zoe as a team. 

When people have obtuse angled views, even Einstein fails. But i agree with your essay 'coz its bang on. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

coccoJPRulesmadhubansensun2011pn_92sindu_gurtipiyualkakaussarsparikhsuds.ABBY_JERAN-ShwSha-shewolf.rahmona_paksweSilentsoulshanakyasharanDreA

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Very well written, Shweta I agree completly...I never post in this forum because of same reason...I agree Zoya is crazy, her antics like interfering in Asad life do drive me crazy...But this girl has heart of gold. She never cared for her life if its for helping other she saved Merium when her own family or even Asad is not ready to help her...Same she didnt cared for her life while fighting with gunman...
Its not at all her fault...this time even if it was..she was trying to save a girl who has nowhere to go...and if thats her fault she care so much about others...
Even if Asad do something selfish  we find reason to defend him...but  if Zoya does everything selfless we find reason to blame her...and continue go on criticzing her even for her selfless acts...

Edited by kuls11 - 01 February 2013 at 12:31pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

coccomadhubansenpiyualkaMadame_Noddysindu_gurtiABBY_JERAN-ShwSha-MoronsKiMallikarahmona_paksweshanakyasharan

princessjojo

IF-Dazzler

princessjojo

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Awesome post Shweta!! But I disagree at least to a certain extent.

Let me start with a little background. Neither Asad nor Zoya is my golden boy/girl. I'm a fan of their jodi, that's it. Secondly, I never knew who KSG was till this show- so, while I'm impressed with him, I'm no KSG bhakht. I'm also mighty impressed with Surbhi.

Also I thought Asad was wrong  in leaving Zoya behind without an internal battle. I was not impressed with the epiphany moment. He simply walked away while Dilawar gave him life lessons with an arm across with shoulder, telling him how he'll eventually get over this tragedy while Asad just listened on without enough emotional struggle and pleading. I did not want him to physically fight anyone off but I wanted him to have an internal battle. That particular scene/event in this story so far is a sore point for me. Realistic but not at all satisfactory.

Now coming to today, I still think Zoya is immature. So I guess I'm not a part of the gang that is constantly anti-Zoya or anti-Asad. When someone is at fault, he/she is at fault.  She does not handle situations as best as one can. The girl just does not understand the gravity of her actions and that is a major turn off to me. I love the rest of her. I love her spirit, love her resilience, love her attitude, love her for always helping others out. I loved her scene with Maryam when she packed her clothes and money-I was in tears. It was the best scene for me. But I cannot love her for her immaturity and the 'sense of adventure'.

-It just does not matter to her that she has cost Asad to lose a business deal-she just doesn't get it that she might be causing financial loss to a guy who is supporting her lodging and food while she lives in his house without as much as cleaning her plate after each meal. Her goal is to get a sorry about of him without thinking  of the implications.

-She says no in her wedding at the last minute. I'm a believer in better late than never. So she did well. But she simply does not accept the gravity of what she has done. She is constantly rationalizing and excusing herself with 'Mr. Khan, aap mere reasons nahi jaante'. Lol. Kaunse reasons?? You said  a 'no' and contemplated running away even before you had any idea that these people are dangerous. The fact that they were actually dangerous and threatening only reinforced what you were contemplating- to run away. That rationalization, that blame-shifting is not attractive.  (That does not change the fact that her reason to run away is none of Asad's business).

-She made a huge mistake by staying back at mangalpur. So if we really want to go to the seed of the drama, she has started it all. But for now let's leave it. Let's get back to the present and let's forget that Dilshaad was shot (because I think that the shooter is either from Razia/Mamu or from Firoz or from some unknown business rival Asad has and has no relation to Maryam). She has no right to keep Mariyam without informing Asad especially in light of the fact that they had just escaped not only death, but a brutal death. She is oblivious (or wants to be) to the fact that this is not NYC but India. She is culturally insensitive and she is too grown up to be excused for that. When she found Maryam in the front yard, she should mad an effort to find a more neutral solution than to simply  and impulsively hide Maryam despite Asad warning her not to do so. Because, if after being buried alive, after being under the threat of swords and guns, after knowing how society works in parts of India, one still does not understand how serious these mangalpurians are, then I don't know what to say. Just like I expected Asad to have an internal battle or immediate epiphany  about needing to save Zoya that day, the same way I expected Zoya to have at least some internal conflict, some guilt before hiding Maryam in the store room without a second thought to Asad's warnings earlier in the night. Life is about cost and benefit. Is the benefit of saving Maryam worth the cost of risking Asad, Najma and Dilshaad? I wished she had been shown to at least ruminate over this. The shooting may not have been by Dilawar's man, but the risk of such an incident by him was very real..even before Dilshaad brought Maryam beck.

Asad has his own set of faults. Not informing Dilshaad of the fiasco is his big one. If indeed the shooter is Dilawar's man, Zoya shares equal blame if not more in causing this drama.

Edited by princessjojo - 01 February 2013 at 1:18pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

ojas143bsk1razor12Propinquity.errahmadhubansenzam123Sanju_ARainsuds.ABBY_JERANS.H.I.E.L.D.Sanju_Peeves.shanakyasharan

Sanaa629

IF-Dazzler

Sanaa629

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
LOL! sensible post..really..

It's true..I love Dilshaad..but Zoya is not to blame.. And as much as I LOVE Asad..I really wanted to strangle him when he blamed Zoya for the whole fiasco in Mangalpur..

However I think he was thinking rationally in a way..if he stood up to fight them in the forest..they would probably kill him as well so he wouldn't be able to do anything much less save her..yet if he went back..there was a slight chance she would still survive.. I would think he did that in a span of five minutes because it's almost impossible to survive if your heart and brain have not received oxygen for 6 or more minutes.

But I totally agree with the rest of the post.. Asad has his flaws..MAJOR flaws..considering he never lets her speak and justify herself which again puts them in a dilemma..I'm not having a go at Asad by the way..he's the Indian version of My Darcy for me..lolxx!! :D

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

madhubansenABBY_JERAN-ShwSha-shanakyasharan

Ksgian4lyf

Ksgian4lyf

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Thankkk u for writing thisss!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madhubansen-ShwSha-shanakyasharan

-ShwSha-

IF-Rockerz

-ShwSha-

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sanaa629

LOL! sensible post..really..

It's true..I love Dilshaad..but Zoya is not to blame.. And as much as I LOVE Asad..I really wanted to strangle him when he blamed Zoya for the whole fiasco in Mangalpur..

However I think he was thinking rationally in a way..if he stood up to fight them in the forest..they would probably kill him as well so he wouldn't be able to do anything much less save her..yet if he went back..there was a slight chance she would still survive.. I would think he did that in a span of five minutes because it's almost impossible to survive if your heart and brain have not received oxygen for 6 or more minutes.

But I totally agree with the rest of the post.. Asad has his flaws..MAJOR flaws..considering he never lets her speak and justify herself which again puts them in a dilemma..I'm not having a go at Asad by the way..he's the Indian version of My Darcy for me..lolxx!! :D
Lol! I'm glad you see my point but you let something slip: I never said he was wrong for not standing up and fighting in the forest. I said he was wrong for not having that moment of truth, that epiphany, that realization that he needs to save her earlier. I could care less if he acted upon it to be honest it's the feeling that mattered and the fact that he didn't feel that and realize it until much later is what I'm holding him guilty for.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanaa629shanakyasharan

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.